Misconceptions of Christianity

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

There are 2 species of man in the world since the fulfillment of the law in Christ. Those who by free grace(this cannot be emphasized enough) have been born again into the life and mind of the resurrected Son of God and those who have not and remain for the moment dead in trespasses and sins.
[/quote]

Hey now, what about Catholics, I was not born again. :wink:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
The 2,000 threads about christianity just ainā€™t enough huh?[/quote]

There can never be enough.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out why dying a horrible death on a cross is some admirable thing. Dying for the sins of strangers? Fuck 'em! They made their choices. Why let 'em off the hook?

Unselfishness, especially for random evil strangers, is wrong. It is especially NOT moral.
[/quote]

I hope you are using sarcasm, and you are wrong about the strangers thing.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
Christians fail to consider that it is possible that the world is not so spectacularly complex but that we are fucking retarded. 98% of our dna is chimp after all. [/quote]

Yes, but chimps are simple creatures. 97% of our DNA is the same as chimps.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
Christians fail to consider that it is possible that the world is not so spectacularly complex but that we are fucking retarded. 98% of our dna is chimp after all. [/quote]
85% is cow [/quote]

Mines 99% Blue Belgian.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

There are 2 species of man in the world since the fulfillment of the law in Christ. Those who by free grace(this cannot be emphasized enough) have been born again into the life and mind of the resurrected Son of God and those who have not and remain for the moment dead in trespasses and sins.
[/quote]Hey now, what about Catholics, I was not born again. ;)[/quote]There is an exchange Iā€™ve definitely seen on the horizon between you and I (and by extension a couple other people). Donā€™t presuppose what you think I might say though youā€™d probably be right about some of it. In any case Iā€™d prefer not to have it in this thread which isnā€™t mine anyway.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]Hey now, what about Catholics, I was not born again. ;)[/quote]There is an exchange Iā€™ve definitely seen on the horizon between you and I (and by extension a couple other people). Donā€™t presuppose what you think I might say though youā€™d probably be right about some of it. In any case Iā€™d prefer not to have it in this thread which isnā€™t mine anyway.
[/quote]

Concur on the latter.

Eh its fine Tirib I was going to make a thread about the Church anyways I just didnā€™t know how I would present it, and I liked your posts about how the spiritually dead cannot understand the things of God unless God himself spiritually revives and reveals it to that person *(in my experience), its better than some of the off topic post here in this thread.

*Edited Ill just make a thread about the church.

Some Misconceptions about Christianity (Catholicism):

That we worship the Saints on the Level as the Trinity.
That we believe that we are saved by only our works.
We do not believe/worship the Trinity. (I like this one the best)
Peterā€™s Cross is the symbol of the Devil, and Catholics are Devil Worshipers.
The Virgin Mary is our Goddess.

There is a bunch, but I just got done working 8 hours in the summer sun and Iā€™m tired.

There is a bunch, but I just got done working 8 hours in the summer sun and Iā€™m tired.[/quote]

Wait, those arenā€™t true? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ron22 wrote:

There is a bunch, but I just got done working 8 hours in the summer sun and Iā€™m tired.[/quote]

Wait, those arenā€™t true? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

;).

ā€¦an Asimov classic: The Last Question The Last Question -- Isaac Asimov

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Concur on the latter.[/quote]

I would like to read such a thread.Come gents,why delay?

[quote]ephrem wrote:
ā€¦an Asimov classic: The Last Question http://www.multivax.com////last_question.html[/quote]

Well isnā€™t that cute.

[quote]ron22 wrote:
Another misconception Iā€™ve heard/noticed is that science and Christianity canā€™t get along. The farther along I am into getting my MD has only helped to solidify my faith. Thereā€™s just so much going on in such intricate and perfect order that itā€™s hard for me to think that life happend by chance. I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: ā€œAll I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen.ā€[/quote]
This is a ludicrous idea the age of real scientific discovery had not occurred at the time the bible was written.

Iā€™ve also heard people say Catholics arenā€™t Christian which I always though was funny. Itā€™s like they donā€™t even know what the definition of a Christian is.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
ā€¦an Asimov classic: The Last Question The Last Question -- Isaac Asimov [/quote]

Well isnā€™t that cute.[/quote]

ā€¦to me itā€™s a scenario thatā€™s just as good as any other. Perhaps even better than someā€¦

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ron22 wrote:
Another misconception Iā€™ve heard/noticed is that science and Christianity canā€™t get along. The farther along I am into getting my MD has only helped to solidify my faith. Thereā€™s just so much going on in such intricate and perfect order that itā€™s hard for me to think that life happend by chance. I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: ā€œAll I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen.ā€[/quote]
This is a ludicrous idea the age of real scientific discovery had not occurred at the time the bible was written.[/quote]

So? Did I say anywhere that I get my science from the Bible?

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
I would have to say that one of the biggest misconceptions the general public has of Christianity is faith. I see that the general public has the misconception that the Christian faith is a blind faith and this really stood out to me when I watched Religulous from some recent thread and that biblical faith isnā€™t blind.[/quote]

How is faith not blind? Where is your evidence?
ā€¦

Does the Pope hide it under his hat!?!?!?

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:
ā€¦an Asimov classic: The Last Question The Last Question -- Isaac Asimov [/quote]

ā€¦to me itā€™s a scenario thatā€™s just as good as any other. Perhaps even better than someā€¦
[/quote]

Except the Multivac-Cosmic AC, was created. God is the uncreated. :slight_smile:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[/quote]

Except the Multivac-Cosmic AC, was created. God is the uncreated. :)[/quote]

ā€¦and yet: