Misconception on Protein

[quote]Alexis Smash wrote:
My flat bench max is 165 and my deadlift max is 245 squat max is 225[/quote]
Dude, what have you been doing for the last nine months?
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/program_or_by_feel_

Your strength has dropped across the board and you’ve gone up just a few pounds in bodyweight (so I’m confused about the “dropping 30 pounds in the last year”-thing). Not trying to be a jerk, but whatever you’ve been doing has absolutely not been successful. Your goal is totally fine, but the path you’re trying to take there is all screwed up.

Re-read all the advice you got in that thread, choose any one of the programs I linked to there, and get on it, like starting tomorrow.

Good nutrition and a good program allow for plenty of recovery.

Gotcha, but those exercises weren’t listed in your training plan. Also, not having a rack is a copout. There are plenty of exercise options (step-ups [depending on ceiling height], lunges, RDLs, front squats [one power clean before the set], one-leg work, etc.).

When coaches talk about that, it’s related to things like insulin sensitivity and other factors. However, it’s not relevant to someone in your situation - A young guy whose natural hormones are primed for growth and who’s very tall and relatively-underweight, even if you have some bodyfat.

Losing even more weight, another 10+ pounds based on what you’re saying, will put you even further behind the ball once you start trying to gain more size. Starting ASAP with a focus on building muscle and strength, with smart eating and a well-designed program, is the smart play here.