Misaligned Pelvis/Hip

Hey guys,
Been looking at this site for years but never bothered to join until now. I’ve been diagnosed by a exercise physiologist with a misaligned pelvis. I’m usually pretty switched on with injuries but this ones got me stuck. The EP told me to fix the problem I need rotational exercises of the hip to help re-align it. The exercises he gave me to do over the next four weeks include:

1. Birddog over fit ball
  2. hip extension over fit ball
  3. side trunk flexion over fit ball
  4. lying side to side hip rotations
  5. lying alt knee pull ins
  6. walking lunges

he said to perform these about three times a week for 3x20, and I could do my usual stuff around this without it mattering. My problem is I’ve had a history of lower back pain and am a firm believer in Stuart McGill’s work which basically says no flexion and extension training of the lumbar spine.Some of these exercises go against this, but I cant seem to find much on the internet on this problem. His theory of hip rotation exercises to help re-align it seem to make sense, and I imagine McGill’s bridging exercise aren’t going to help re-align it so I’m not sure what to do. I’m pretty smart with my training and perform regular birddogs and supine bridges in my warm ups anyway.

Any advise would be helpful people.

[quote]billhickson wrote:
Hey guys,
Been looking at this site for years but never bothered to join until now. I’ve been diagnosed by a exercise physiologist with a misaligned pelvis. I’m usually pretty switched on with injuries but this ones got me stuck. The EP told me to fix the problem I need rotational exercises of the hip to help re-align it. The exercises he gave me to do over the next four weeks include:

1. Birddog over fit ball
  2. hip extension over fit ball
  3. side trunk flexion over fit ball
  4. lying side to side hip rotations
  5. lying alt knee pull ins
  6. walking lunges

he said to perform these about three times a week for 3x20, and I could do my usual stuff around this without it mattering. My problem is I’ve had a history of lower back pain and am a firm believer in Stuart McGill’s work which basically says no flexion and extension training of the lumbar spine.Some of these exercises go against this, but I cant seem to find much on the internet on this problem. His theory of hip rotation exercises to help re-align it seem to make sense, and I imagine McGill’s bridging exercise aren’t going to help re-align it so I’m not sure what to do. I’m pretty smart with my training and perform regular birddogs and supine bridges in my warm ups anyway.

Any advise would be helpful people.
[/quote]

Didn’t think exercise physiologists could diagnose people. Do you firmly believe an exercise physiologist is qualified to diagnose a back issue and design a program to resolve it.