T Nation

Misaligned Hips, When Can I Train Again?

So I went to physio on Friday to find out that my left hip is extremely tight, resulting in my hips becoming misaligned.

Anyone had this before? Maybe offer some guidance and advice? How long before I can lift heavy again??

Bump?

You can lift heavy when they are aligned again!

You can start foam rolling right now! Ice that tight hip. Do some psoas holds and glutes stretches to take pressure off your hip.

Try reverse hypers to work your back and stretch your front. Hit some 1 legged calf raises and be sure your lower legs are symmetrical, and balanced.

Maybe some sidebends to strengthen the obliques, keep you standing up straight and relieve your hip.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
You can lift heavy when they are aligned again!

You can start foam rolling right now! Ice that tight hip. Do some psoas holds and glutes stretches to take pressure off your hip.

Try reverse hypers to work your back and stretch your front. Hit some 1 legged calf raises and be sure your lower legs are symmetrical, and balanced.

Maybe some sidebends to strengthen the obliques, keep you standing up straight and relieve your hip.[/quote]

thanks!

any idea how many of each i should do? my physio said to psoas holds for a couple of mins on each leg…

Hips misaligned/twisted from tight muscles, which makes one leg longer than the other?

This is normally caused by a tight/over active QL and a under active core.

Do planks, side planks, dead bugs, supermans, clams all the time. You can still train but do one legged exercises that doesn’t cause pain for high reps with body weight only until things get better.