T Nation

Mirko CroCop - MMAMovie

just come across this. have you seen it already?

well compiled… I like especially the VERY end with Fiodor E!

Nice video, I had not seen this one yet.

The soundtrack sounds very familiar too, like from movie trailers and stuff, but I have no idea what the actual name of the piece is. Does anyone know what it is called?

[quote]FairDo wrote:

New to Pride Fighting. That was an awesome vid! Did Cro Cop beat Wanderlei Silva in the match?

Is he fighting Fedor anytime soon?

[quote]Chunk061 wrote:
The soundtrack sounds very familiar too, like from movie trailers and stuff, but I have no idea what the actual name of the piece is. Does anyone know what it is called?[/quote]

Kronos Quartet plays the music. It’s a great piece, whose title I don’t know, but it’s the soundtrack to the film Requiem for a Dream. You should have no trouble finding it online.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
FairDo wrote:

New to Pride Fighting. That was an awesome vid! Did Cro Cop beat Wanderlei Silva in the match?

Is he fighting Fedor anytime soon?
[/quote]

He drew with Wanderlei, but it was kind of weird match because it was under special rules as Cro Cop was still a K-1 fighter then. The rounds were only 5 minutes, the fight got stood up if one of the fighters touched or got near to the ropes, and it was a draw if there was no KO. July 2 is the next Pride fight on PPV (takes place in Japan the day before), Critical Countdown. It’s a 16 man tournament, winner fights Fedor on New Year’s Eve. Cro Cop looks to be a favorite along with Nog.

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/next_event.htm

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Chunk061 wrote:
The soundtrack sounds very familiar too, like from movie trailers and stuff, but I have no idea what the actual name of the piece is. Does anyone know what it is called?

Kronos Quartet plays the music. It’s a great piece, whose title I don’t know, but it’s the soundtrack to the film Requiem for a Dream. You should have no trouble finding it online.[/quote]

I agree with Requien for a Dream…

But I think it is by Clint Mansell

http://www.film.org.pl/soundtrack/tekst/recenzje/requiem.html

sorry … review below the titles is in rather strange language (to you) :wink:

nice editing to sync the strikes w/the music.

Same music as the Mike Zambidis HL http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5256184563918766029&q=subfighter&pl=true

it is Clint Mansell, but there are different versions of it. I think the best is the two towers remix from lord of the rings. They dont sell it, but if you look hard you can find it online.

[quote]Shadow892 wrote:
I think the best is the two towers remix from lord of the rings. They dont sell it, but if you look hard you can find it online.[/quote]

Bingo. I just found and downloaded that one, it rocks my world. I have a 20 minute career highlight of Jerome Le Banner and that song is in it, it gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it and that song comes up.

Crocop once hit a man in the ribs so hard a woman was spawned from the dibuis.

As fun as it is to watch Fedor destroy people, I think the most entertaining MMA fighter is Crocop.

How do I learn to kick like that?

[quote]carter12 wrote:
How do I learn to kick like that?[/quote]

Eat your Wheaties.

Thanks for the song info guys. I got both versions and I must say that they definately do rock my world.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
How do I learn to kick like that?[/quote]

Sell your soul to satan. I’ll take his sprawl too.

Fuck…
I love to watch his and E’s highlight reels. Great choice of music

[quote]Shadow892 wrote:
Same music as the Mike Zambidis HL http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5256184563918766029&q=subfighter&pl=true

.[/quote]

hmm . . . quite well compiled too! Especially synchronising his blows with a tune!

thanks for a tune info . . . I’ll look for it

Anybody know what Fedor is saying while he’s watching his brother at the end?

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
Anybody know what Fedor is saying while he’s watching his brother at the end?[/quote]

I can only tell you what he’s thinking.

Be interesting to know what he’s saying though.

Wanderlei vs Mirko ended in a draw, but Wanderlei had his ribs broken in the process. Still managed to end it in a draw. Now that guy is nuts.

I like how every highlight has Cro Cop beating Nog’s ass, when the fight ended with him losing by submission. And judging from this vid it seems as though Remy Bonjasky is the only one who took one of Cro Cops kicks to the head and still stayed on his feet.