Mir, Big Nog - TUF 8 Coaches

See here: MMA on Tap

I guess enough people don’t care about TUF yet.

Ahhh…Nog’s english really isn’t that great. Better turn on your closed captioning.

Getting kind of sick of seeing title fights held up for this.

Getting pretty sick of the show itself, too. I really think it’s run its course. It’s completely played out now.

[quote]No-Gi wrote:
Getting kind of sick of seeing title fights held up for this.[/quote]

mir will probably be a surprisingly good coach…

no one wants to see the ultimate fighter though imo…

that season which I understand is filming right now, is going back to being 2 weight classes, so maybe we’ll get 2 fights a show, less bull more fight?

One can hope.

[quote]JohnnyNinja wrote:
that season which I understand is filming right now, is going back to being 2 weight classes, so maybe we’ll get 2 fights a show, less bull more fight?

One can hope.[/quote]

We got two fights in one show on the last episode, it didn’t help.

Honestly, I see two major problems with the show. One, it furthers the opinions of many that fighters are just ignorant punks. I want my sport to be taken seriously, along the lines of the NFL (though we are obviously a tad behind). I want people to look at us as athletes, not just roughneck punks. I think the dramatic BS on the show (a la pissing on someone’s pillow, or adding lemon juice to someone’s chew, or attempting to run through a wall) is detrimental to the sport.

Second, I know that the purpose of the show is to get up and comers, not established fighters, and give them a shot at the big time. Honestly though, some of these guys look like they’ve never trained a day in their lives. They suck at every facet in many cases. Some have had 0 pro fights.

[quote]danew wrote:
Honestly, I see two major problems with the show. One, it furthers the opinions of many that fighters are just ignorant punks. I want my sport to be taken seriously, along the lines of the NFL (though we are obviously a tad behind). I want people to look at us as athletes, not just roughneck punks. I think the dramatic BS on the show (a la pissing on someone’s pillow, or adding lemon juice to someone’s chew, or attempting to run through a wall) is detrimental to the sport.

Second, I know that the purpose of the show is to get up and comers, not established fighters, and give them a shot at the big time. Honestly though, some of these guys look like they’ve never trained a day in their lives. They suck at every facet in many cases. Some have had 0 pro fights.[/quote]

I think if you filmed any group of athletes from any sport in a similar situation you would get similar results.

Agree with your second point, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel regarding talent.

I have no doubts both will be very good coaches. But, honestly, the whole TUF thing has run its course. UFC should be very happy that they’ve produced several top-level fighers from the show (Griffin, Jardine, Evans, Bisping, Diaz, Florian, Koscheck, Sanchez and possibly Danzig).

Plus as others have said, here or elsewhere, it’s getting annoying that they are effectively holding up world titles for 6 months while they film the show, then air it on television.

Day 1: Nog has them stand on the 101 at rush hour. Those that survive being run over, he picks for his team.

[quote]danew wrote:
Some have had 0 pro fights.[/quote]

Yeah that is some complete horse shit. I’m sure they passed up plenty of great fighters with pro records to get these guys on. Prolly just happen to be friends with the right people. But then again that would just make it like everything else in life: it’s about who you know.

I gotta say, seein Nog as a coach is MUCH more to look forward to than the current season’s coaches.

[quote]Breakzilla wrote:
danew wrote:
Some have had 0 pro fights.

Yeah that is some complete horse shit. I’m sure they passed up plenty of great fighters with pro records to get these guys on. Prolly just happen to be friends with the right people. But then again that would just make it like everything else in life: it’s about who you know.

I gotta say, seein Nog as a coach is MUCH more to look forward to than the current season’s coaches.[/quote]

Man, Nog is absolutely one of my hero’s. I would love to see him coach, but they don’t show that. They show like 2 seconds of the coach actually coaching (and its usually him standing there watching two morons spar half-assed). After those 2 seconds we’re back to throwing shit in the pool or whatever.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
danew wrote:
Honestly, I see two major problems with the show. One, it furthers the opinions of many that fighters are just ignorant punks. I want my sport to be taken seriously, along the lines of the NFL (though we are obviously a tad behind).

I want people to look at us as athletes, not just roughneck punks. I think the dramatic BS on the show (a la pissing on someone’s pillow, or adding lemon juice to someone’s chew, or attempting to run through a wall) is detrimental to the sport.

Second, I know that the purpose of the show is to get up and comers, not established fighters, and give them a shot at the big time. Honestly though, some of these guys look like they’ve never trained a day in their lives. They suck at every facet in many cases. Some have had 0 pro fights.

I think if you filmed any group of athletes from any sport in a similar situation you would get similar results.

Agree with your second point, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel regarding talent.[/quote]

Agree with both of you guys…Any groups of athlete in a house for 6 weeks…it will ended up with some bad stuff…maybe its the house they should cut…but not a good idea for tv and rating, when they showed the top25 TUF moment i think that number 4 was the crazy fight in the backyard…rating= money!!