Minimizing Post-Surgical Atrophy

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

You’re starting PT 8 weeks after surgery? Why so long? I realize it’s not the same thing, but people are generally in PT within a week of ACL reconstruction, which would also be a fully torn ligament.

I also have a hard time believing anabolics are going to do much of anything if you are immobilized for a substantial period of time. I just don’t see how that does anything to address the lack of feedback that comes with muscle movement.

The best way for you to minimize atrophy is to start moving and stretching the pec the absolute first second you can. I don’t feel that the amount of muscle you will save will be worth the price of anabolics even in the slightest.[/quote]

wow…[/quote]

Wow what? How much muscle exactly do you expect him to retain be using steroids? Is that really worth the price of the drug/possible side effects, etc? That’s my point, in case you missed it.[/quote]

i didn’t miss ur point… hence the “wow”

that was my response, because you are posting advice without knowing dick about what you’re talking about lol… not unlike a lot of people here though.

i mean… ill educate you if you really want me to… but the OP would do well to get some testosterone and start supplementing with it assuming he’s old enough

You’re starting PT 8 weeks after surgery? Why so long? I realize it’s not the same thing, but people are generally in PT within a week of ACL reconstruction, which would also be a fully torn ligament.

I also have a hard time believing anabolics are going to do much of anything if you are immobilized for a substantial period of time. I just don’t see how that does anything to address the lack of feedback that comes with muscle movement.

The best way for you to minimize atrophy is to start moving and stretching the pec the absolute first second you can. I don’t feel that the amount of muscle you will save will be worth the price of anabolics even in the slightest.[/quote]

I have to wait for so long because they are basically tying me tendon back to my arm, and if I rerupture it, I will lose permanent function. Doctors are all about that “first do no harm” thing, and I tend to agree with them.

I disagree that steroids would have no affect on minimizing atrophy. My primary concern is that testosterone would further exacerbate the strength between my pectoralis major and the pectoral tendon that caused the rupture in the first place, increasing the risk of rerupture.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

I have to wait for so long because they are basically tying me tendon back to my arm, and if I rerupture it, I will lose permanent function. Doctors are all about that “first do no harm” thing, and I tend to agree with them.

I disagree that steroids would have no affect on minimizing atrophy. My primary concern is that testosterone would further exacerbate the strength between my pectoralis major and the pectoral tendon that caused the rupture in the first place, increasing the risk of rerupture.[/quote]

did your tendon tear because it was too weak? or because it was put in a very precarious position with a load on it?

i dont know how these things work, but aas will most definitely reduce the atrophy in a dramatic way… it’s your call bro

Still trying to convince my doc to prescribe >.>

[quote]Obisidian wrote:
Still trying to convince my doc to prescribe >.>[/quote]

he may prescribe you deca

but you will have to run a replacement dose of test, because deca will shut down your natural production

you will also have to run a dopamine agonist to counteract the increased prolactin production from the deca…

so you’re better off with just test…lol

I’m hoping I can talk him into writing me a script for a therapeutic stack of test, deca, and HGH. We’ll see. He said we could have a real discussion about it at our first post-surgical consult. Maybe if I tell him I’m going to go get some tainted shit off the street, he’ll just write me something up.

But yea, I’d be totally happy if he wrote me a script for test. It would save me a lot of money on a million doses of MAG-10 and BCAAs a month.