Minimizing Muscle Loss on 2 Wk Fast?

That’s pretty much what I’ve done over the last month. Targetted keto, with fruit/yoghurt/protein shakes pre and post workout, and no other carbs any other time of the day. Sardines plus greens and onions for lunch, unsauced pork ribs and salad for dinner. Plus coconut oil by the jiggerfull (antifungal). It works on the candida, but slowly. Good side is that I’ve lost 7kg (16 lbs), without losing strength, and without thinking about weight loss. I’ve lost some endurance, but I have two hour heavy volume workouts six days a week. I know I shouldn’t, but the more you sweat the more yeast you get rid of. The combination has messed up my joints, though.

I was getting better until I went out and had a bunch of martinis one night, and the yeast bloomed. Since then it has been shrinking again, but far slower, because of resistance to the antifungals (Sporanox). I wanted to knock it out with a fast before the antifungals became totally ineffective.

Getting candida is a hell of a weight-loss program…

Wow. I’m rethinking whether I want to take a trip to the tropics. Yikes.

I agree with jsbrook, if you are eating NOTHING, I wouldn’t lift. Don’t do anything that requires glycogen because your body will have to get it from protein (gluconeogenesis), and with none in your diet, it would all come from muscle. That’s my best guess, anyway. So rest A LOT and don’t do anything more intense than a slow walk.

Oh, and I think protein powder is very easy on the digestive system (Metabolic Drive).