Minimizing Legal Risk When Buying Gear Online

Most bitcoin these days are bought with credit cards… Just sayin.

Bit coins wallets are also traceable.

As well as tor browser and the dark web. The feds have made numerous bust thru it when they “need” to

My point is there is risk In Everything we do in life. We take a risk when we get out of bed in the morning, when we drive, walk into the store.

To say a transaction is completely anonymous is ignorance. If they can find a man in a cave in the middle east because he made a phone call they can find you ordering your vials of testosterone.

So now we are discussing calculated risk. To which I agree ordering personal amounts of gear is probably about as risky as just about every other simple task we do in our day to day lives.

2 Likes

certainly, there’s def a risk, one can decrease risk by using VPN, PGP keys (these are practices which I don’t bother with, aside from the VPN), moving funds around multiple wallets etc. There will always be risk, esp when the dark-net markets are taken down or suppliers are busted, many will give up large name customers/ customers in general to get off on a lighter sentence.

1 Like

Plenty of sellers are great and they are pretty safe. But don’t assume that because you use a good one that it means there aren’t disasters out there. There are. The guy who used to handle domestic brewing and shipping for one of the most serious operations in the world got pinched and had a hand-written notebook of all his buyers, their names, addresses, and orders. He was a fuckup, obviously, but you’d be shocked how many of them are out there.

1 Like