T Nation

Minimize Bloating While On Test?

Is there anything you can take to minimize bloating that won’t effect the test, or at least not that much? Thanks for any help.

Not an authority here, but am responding because I have recently been looking into this same question.

Hopefully others with more experience will chime in.

Basically anti e’s (like Nolvadex or arimidex) while on-cycle will help. I have heard arimidex can be a little harder on the system. Anyway, the estrogen efect is what is causing the water retention.

Also, avoid salt and drink plenty of water. Water in = water out.

Others please feel free to correct me.

djm…are you planning a cycle or already on one?

glad to see you’re doing some reasearch dude. I think you will be happy you spent the extra time.

think of it this way. the more your body is flowing with water the less it will need to hold onto. kinda like food and starvation mode. take some arimidex and watch your sodium intake and drink plenty of water.

10mg nolvadex ED throughout cycle…also prevents nipple flair up.

[quote]facko wrote:
10mg nolvadex ED throughout cycle…also prevents nipple flair up.[/quote]

Off-topic but, until finding this website, I thought nolvadex was for taking DURING a cycle, not after. This whole PCT thing sounds wierd if the test aromatises while on. Thoughts?

Just wanted to pipe in here. They guys that are saying ‘watch your sodium intake and drink plenty of water’ are wrong…

If you drink plenty of water but restrict salt you will become hyponatrimic, and your kidneys will hold onto even water in an effort to conserve salt.

Hyponatremia will also cause muscle cramps.

If you drink water, you have to get in enough salt as well.

As for not retainig water while on test, or any other steroid, it mostly has to do with the amount of calories, especially carbs that you eat. Carbs hold water. You can do primo, and if you eat a lot of carbs you will bloat also, while you can do 2 grams of test per week, and if you restrict carbs, your bloating will be almost non existant.
The use of anti E’s will help, but only to a certain extent.

adex was my choice… really good for me.

[quote]Jimfound wrote:

Not an authority here, but am responding because I have recently been looking into this same question.

Basically anti e’s (like Nolvadex or arimidex) while on-cycle will help. I have heard arimidex can be a little harder on the system. Anyway, the estrogen efect is what is causing the water retention.

djm…are you planning a cycle or already on one?[/quote]

I am planning on using my first cycle. I was going to use Trenbolone with some Test. But I am not sure if I can get Trenbolone. If I can’t get the Tren I will up my Test a bit, but if I do up the Test I am afraid I will bloat.

Also I’m not sure you can answer this but was it just as easy to get Tren as it was to get Test, like in Texas(North Texas)?

[quote]djm_e22 wrote:
Jimfound wrote:

djm…are you planning a cycle or already on one?

I am planning on using my first cycle. I was going to use Trenbolone with some Test. But I am not sure if I can get Trenbolone. If I can’t get the Tren I will up my Test a bit, but if I do up the Test I am afraid I will bloat.

Also I’m not sure you can answer this but was it just as easy to get Tren as it was to get Test, like in Texas(North Texas).[/quote]

More test does not equal more bloat. Like P-22 says - it has more to do with nutrition than with the gear.

I agree but it does depend on your carb tolerance and your estrogen levels. I find letrozol is the best then arimidex then nolvadex, respectively. Dosages depends on your body, everyones different.

Letrozole is way, way harsh. it will kill your lipid profile.

Adex and aromasin are probably the best to take while on cycle.

Nolvadex is not even the same type of chemical as the others.

Camster - you need to do much more research before you start dispensing advice.

It seems a lot of first-timers are under the impression that the bloat you might get from certain products is going to turn you into the Michellin Man. I may be going out on a limb here, but I feel comfortable stating that, unless you’re stuffing your face at Krispy Kreme and Pizza Hut everyday, the bloat isn’t that big a deal. So you look a little bit puffier, big deal.