Minimalist Leg Training

Hey CT! Over the next couple of weeks I am going to have an ever changing, hectic schedule. This means that on some weeks I may not able to go to the gym as many times as I want to. Since my legs are my biggest and most easily deverloped bodypart, I was thinking that on those weeks I would reduce the training for it, and train it minimally at the end of some other workout (as an “afterthought”). My question to you would be, what do you think is the minimal amount of work needed to keep the strenght and/or mass of the legs? What would you do in such situation? Thanks in advance!

I’ve actually done such a thing myself.

What I did was do 3 sets of 2-3 squats @ 75-80% of my max at the end of every workout. took about 15 minutes. I did this 4-5 times a week. I did the reps slowly on the eccentric, slight pause in the bottom and smooth accent.

Or if you go with my “failure” article you could simply do:

WORKOUT 1: 2 rest/pause sets of leg extension (8-12 reps to failure/rest 10 sec/reps to failure again/rest 10 sec/reps to failure) … 2 rest/pause sets of leg curls

WORKOUT 2: 3-4 sets of 3 reps with 75-80% on squats

These will both take you about 15 min and can be added at the end of a workout.

Thank you CT, I will put these to good use. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

One additional question if I may:

If I use the two “failure style” workouts, how many times a week you think this should be done? Thanks CT!