Minimal Supplementation

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
SORRY, but I dont feel that there is a MAGIC pill .[/quote]

I’m a magician. Abra-cadabra

Wait thats not a rabbit thats

Dianabol

Many good points…soil not being as good as previous soil-that true and makes sense, I just read an article bout’ that-give ya that one.

Toxins from daily lifestyle-? not sure if I really believe this one, doesnt our body adjust to new enviornments, just like 100 generations ago we had webbed feet to help us swim better( or maybe just my relatives)
AntiOx’s- sure maybe a little may help, but DOESN’T good food contain all that.

I personally think that the USDA has virtually NO CLUE, they give a daily allowence where as most nutrients last for 6 hours to 3 weeks, so why do they break it down into a daily measurement. How many times will the USDA change their opinion? egg yolks,avocados, shrimp, carbs all the way to that stupid FOOD PYRAMID that this year they are changing again, if the human body doesn’t change why is all this stuff always changing?

I always believe in EXAMPLES- who has the best, active lifestyle with the lowest disease rate? people who live near the water, eat loads of fish and loads of vegetables, and have sex a lot(I added that one for my girlfriend).
I just cant follow the NEW DIET PILL trend that everyone is on, til I see wonderful results and I have never seen that.
Eat Right and Train Smart-best luck.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Velvet Revolver wrote:
Every day I get
Fish Oil
ZMA
CLA
Greens +
Grow!

I’d say that’s just about perfect minus the CLA.
[/quote]

I know. I won’t be rebuying CLA when this bottle runs out. Not worth the money. Ive got like 7 or so months worth of fish oil to use up before I switch to FLAMEOUT, then I’ll get my CLA there.

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I’m just wondering what you think are the bare minimums for supplementation? I know I need a good multi and my omega 3-6-9 caps … but is there anything else you think I absolutely need?[/quote]

I take the following every day:

1)acidophilous
2)multi-vitamin
3)fish oil
4)olive oil

I drink protein shakes occasionally for the sake of convenience or if I’m too stuffed to get enough calories from regular food…

everything else I get from food…

[quote]DPH wrote:
JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I’m just wondering what you think are the bare minimums for supplementation? I know I need a good multi and my omega 3-6-9 caps … but is there anything else you think I absolutely need?

1)acidophilous
2)multi-vitamin
3)fish oil
4)olive oil

I drink protein shakes occasionally for the sake of convenience or if I’m too stuffed to get enough calories from regular food…

everything else I get from food…[/quote]

I’m curious as to how you ingest the olive oil.

I think it’s smart to take it by the way…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
DPH wrote:

1)acidophilous
2)multi-vitamin
3)fish oil
4)olive oil

[/quote]

I eat at least one large mixed veggie salad every day w/olive oil on top…I also rub olive oil over any meat that I broil…and when I drink protein shakes I toss a teaspoon worth in there…

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Shotglasses work. Just takes a while to get used to.

[quote]DPH wrote:
ZEB wrote:
DPH wrote:

1)acidophilous
2)multi-vitamin
3)fish oil
4)olive oil

I eat at least one large mixed veggie salad every day w/olive oil on top…I also rub olive oil over any meat that I broil…and when I drink protein shakes I toss a teaspoon worth in there…[/quote]

That’s one supplement I wish I could get “into.”

My father has been a big fan of Olive Oil all his life…he’s 83 and still kicking butt.

Hmmm…

I find the best way to think of supplements is that they are a convenience, that’s all. You can get everything you need from a good diet, but sometimes you just don’t have time in the morning to make an egg-white omelet, so a protein shake can fill the same role easily. I don’t always get a chance to run to the store to buy fresh veggies, so some Greens+ helps out there. Furthermore, I don’t know of any breed of cattle that produces milk with whey-protein hydrolysate, so I’m gonna need to go with Surge for post-workout.

No one really NEEDS supplements, but they sure do help you get everything you need. Trainees shouldn’t just suck-down a protein shake with some ZMA after a Big-Mac, fries and a large Coke, but there’s certainly lots to gain with a taking a few well-planned supplements that compliment your already good diet.

[quote]john3103 wrote:
You can get everything you need from a good diet,

[/quote]

I wish that were true…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
DPH wrote:
JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I’m just wondering what you think are the bare minimums for supplementation? I know I need a good multi and my omega 3-6-9 caps … but is there anything else you think I absolutely need?

1)acidophilous
2)multi-vitamin
3)fish oil
4)olive oil

[/quote]

I put it in my Metabolic Drive shakes. All good.

creatine, cheap and effective.

[quote]Split wrote:
creatine, cheap and effective.[/quote]

You got alot to learn if you think all you need as a supplement is creatine.

That or you must have the healthiest lifestyle here and don’t need supplementation of vitamins, minerals, or necessary fats of any kind.

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
Many good points…soil not being as good as previous soil-that true and makes sense, I just read an article bout’ that-give ya that one.

Toxins from daily lifestyle-? not sure if I really believe this one, doesnt our body adjust to new enviornments, just like 100 generations ago we had webbed feet to help us swim better( or maybe just my relatives)
AntiOx’s- sure maybe a little may help, but DOESN’T good food contain all that.

I personally think that the USDA has virtually NO CLUE, they give a daily allowence where as most nutrients last for 6 hours to 3 weeks, so why do they break it down into a daily measurement. How many times will the USDA change their opinion? egg yolks,avocados, shrimp, carbs all the way to that stupid FOOD PYRAMID that this year they are changing again, if the human body doesn’t change why is all this stuff always changing?

I always believe in EXAMPLES- who has the best, active lifestyle with the lowest disease rate? people who live near the water, eat loads of fish and loads of vegetables, and have sex a lot(I added that one for my girlfriend).
I just cant follow the NEW DIET PILL trend that everyone is on, til I see wonderful results and I have never seen that.
Eat Right and Train Smart-best luck.
[/quote]

You do realize you’re preaching to a supplement-based website. All of us are here because of supplements in one way or another.

You can’t generalize statements like “you don’t need supplements”. Hell you don’t need anything but air, water, and food. And even then you can get by for a long time without water or food.

Don’t over-simplify things just for the sake of being argumentative.

There is a thread or a comment within a thread that claims there is soy product in greens products.

Sorry for not knowing where it is.

From greens plus website:

"Can someone who is allergic to soy products safely use GREENS+??

Most people allergic to soy are allergic to the soy bean and it’s various bio-chemicals. GREENS+? contains only Soy Lecithin (extracted from soy beans) and Soy Sprouts."