T Nation

Mini Partial Tear Supraspinatus, Damaged AC Shoulder Joint

An exercise named 'olympic-bar-punch' really f***ed up my shoulders, I did it with 50kg, explosive for 12 reps each side, without warming up. That night I got frozen shoulders & clicking/popping when move my shoulders, I tried to ice it. I stopped working out for a couple of months and took Gambaran( anti-inflammatory medication).

My shoulder felt better and I started working out again, boxing and lifting weights. After the first week I hurt my shoulder again, while bench pressing but kept training trough the pain (BIG MISTAKE)
Since that day (5months ago) I've stopped training and it got me really depressed

My shoulder has been slowly improving for the last 5 months, I take Gluso & chondrin; Omega 3 pills & SuperCissus & NSAID and I ice it reguraly
I really want to lift weights again and box but I am scared and it still hurts.

I've visited my doctor, he sent me to a physio
But they both can't answer my main question,
-Will I every be able to box and lift weights again?I don't want to risk a thick tear and have a operation
Btw: I'm 20 years old

Is it confirmed partial thickness tear and AC pathology?

Youre young, I have little doubt with proper rehab you can get back. Seek a sports med doc and or sports physio.

[quote]dzmendon wrote:
Is it confirmed partial thickness tear and AC pathology?

Youre young, I have little doubt with proper rehab you can get back. Seek a sports med doc and or sports physio.[/quote]
Thanks for your reply
The only thing that my doctor said was that I had a very, very small tear in my supraspinatus and I’ve damaged my subscapularis tendon, my AC joint has gotten alot better after some deep tissue massages

But I still have shoulder weakness and front delt sharp pain when doing certain movements and dull aching pain sometimes, I did 3 weeks psyhio, another 3 weeks too go

The only question on my mind is; will i ever be able to box again…?