Mind Trip Anyone??

Not sure if anyone else around here is into philosophical type stuff… I’ve always found it an interesting subject, but recently I’ve been watching “the Roots of the Matrix” that comes along with the Matrix Boxed set, repeatedly, because it goes so deeply into so many philosopher’s writings and thoughts. Anyhow, I started looking a bit more into a couple of them, starting with Rene Descartes. I found one quote that I figured went along with things here at T-Nation pretty well…

“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

Also began reading a few of his “meditations”, and if you haven’t given that big piece of gray matter up top much stimulation lately, this will certainly do it, check it out!

http://www.wright.edu/cola/descartes/index.html

Haha, I will warn you that once you start down the dark path of philosophy, there is no turning back. Maybe you already know this, I don’t know. Just a warning, though… just in case. :slight_smile:

I like Taoism as a kind of mindset to face life with.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Haha, I will warn you that once you start down the dark path of philosophy, there is no turning back. Maybe you already know this, I don’t know. Just a warning, though… just in case. :slight_smile:

I like Taoism as a kind of mindset to face life with.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been into taoism for quite a while, just started into the hard philosophy, yikes!

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
Yeah, I’ve been into taoism for quite a while, just started into the hard philosophy, yikes!
[/quote]

Now we just have to see if after all the new knowledge you are about to gain, will you make it back to the beginning? (Taoism) So many people get a little knowledge and then get stuck.

Good luck on your journey!

Hey cool, I’m a big fan of Taoism myself. Maybe we could all get together and have a big Taoism party!

BTW-What’s “hard philosophy”?

Well I’ve read books and things that will point out the main ideas and there’s always media personalities spouting dumbed down versions of things, but actually reading the authors themselves usually goes a lot deeper into things. So less Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer, more Socrates and Joseph Campbell, I guess.