Mind/Body Connection?

An interesting thing happened to me yesterday.

I have been sick for the past few days, so I had to miss a few days of lifting. Yesterday I decided to go to the gym and do bicep/triceps in place of legs since I wasn’t feeling very well. On my way to the gym, I started coughing and dripping snot everywhere… anyway, I turned around and came home.

Now, I went to work a couple hours later and my arms starting feeling numb/tingly. It was almost as if I had been lifting. I went to the bathroom and rolled up my sleeves, and my arms looked as if I had been working out for half an hour. Veins everywhere, muscle expansion, and it just got worse and worse.

The pump almost became painful! I reasoned my body was preparing to lift since I had made up my mind to go do so.

Is this really because I had made up my mind to lift and my body was just responding, or is there some other explanation?

Just curious really. Interesting to hear if others have had the same thing happen.

Perhaps you stumbled into some form of radioactive field, Hulk style?

Odd. I’ve never experienced anything of that nature, especially while sick and dripping snot.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Perhaps you stumbled into some form of radioactive field, Hulk style?

Odd. I’ve never experienced anything of that nature, especially while sick and dripping snot.
[/quote]

I did go into GNC and I came within 10 feet of some NOXPLODE. This could explain things…

Yeah, snot was dripping out of my nose like a faucet. I almost stuck some tissue in my nostrils to plug the leak.

[quote]Dissonance wrote:

I did go into GNC and I came within 10 feet of some NOXPLODE. This could explain things…

Yeah, snot was dripping out of my nose like a faucet. I almost stuck some tissue in my nostrils to plug the leak.
[/quote]

Dude, stay clear of the NOXPLODE! You aren’t ready to enter the realm of Huyooge and Swole at this stage of the game.

It could be deadly considering your current condition.