T Nation

Milos Sarcev's Seminar: Recap

Today at 11:00 AM was a seminar held in Milos Sarcev’s Kolloseum gym in Fullerton, CA. Luckily, it was only about 20 min. away from my house so I attended and went pretty well, serving as a great motivational booster.

The pros who where there were: dennis wolf, dennis james, and melvin anthony; all of which looked astounding. Sorry but even though I took many pictures, I lack the software to download them to the computer so you will have to wait for a week to get them (that is if your still interested). Well, I took many notes and would love to shared them:

Nutrition

• Preached and preached on the importance of DURING workout shakes consisting of glucose or glucose polymers and whey

• Don’t believe that you have to wait post-w for anabolism. In fact, its probably more anabolic to take a shake during the workout due to the increased blood flow that will ONLY happen during training and therefore, the uptake of nutrients

• Glucose takes about 3-5 minutes to assemble and metabolize combined with the fact that 80% of your blood flow goes to your muscles during training and you have a potent anabolic agent

• NEVER ingest sugar alone

• Protein AT LEAST 1g/lb of bodyweight; eat protein every three hours

• Don’t eat the same protein every meal day in and day out; you will become allergic to it

• Insulin can be your best friend or worst enemy depending on the time of day

• Carbs and Fat = Energy, Protein = Building agent. Therefore, you can eat 20,000 calories a day in carbs and fat but if you dont have protein, then you won’t build any muscle

• The trick to carbs is to find out how much your body can handle

Training

• ALWAYS train at the highest amount of intensity as to allow the most muscle fibers recruited

• When training for drop sets or giant sets, your rest should either be 0 sec or under 10. When training a lagging body part under these principles, increase the intensity and add more sets

• The myth “you can’t train different areas of the chest” was debunked; obviously, changing angles will stimulate different areas of the chest

• Squeeze at the top of each rep no matter what the weight is

• The #1 rule is to feel the muscle working meaning that you can go as heavy as you want as long as you can feel your muscle. Therefore, there really is no best exercise but rather what works for you

• Training through an injury: you must feel the muscle work (< kinda shady notes I took; don’t know if thats what he said)

• Don’t underestimate machines - they’re almost as good as free weights

Posing
Melvin Anthony talked to everyone about this as he was just about to leave:

• If you can’t dance, don’t do it

• Learn how to transition from one pose to the next. The more you practice, the less shaking you’ll do

• Always open the hands when transitioning between movements as to allow a different focal point and make the movements seem more smooth

• “Posing is something that you can’t practice enough”

Misc.

• “Age is just a number”. Example: Albert Beckles

• If you believe it, it will happen

I guess the only thing that I will be adopting from this seminar is the during workout drink. Ya, Im pretty much sold when Milos started advocating it and the fact that so many people praised and preached it in “The Double Dose Surge Challenge” article.

Everything else I pretty much knew for quite some time now. Also, my initial reaction of seeing Dennis James walk right by me is unforgettable; its one thing to see pros in pics on the internet but to see them in person is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT experience.

Enjoy!

thanks for that rundown

some dubious points in there though

also regarding these:

• Glucose takes about 3-5 minutes to assemble and metabolize combined with the fact that 80% of your blood flow goes to your muscles during training and you have a potent anabolic agent

What are they suggesting you drink with your glucose during the workout??? when they then say never have it alone?

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

What are they suggesting you drink with your glucose during the workout??? when they then say never have it alone?[/quote]

I think it probably means that sugar mixed with protein has been found to work the best.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

What are they suggesting you drink with your glucose during the workout??? when they then say never have it alone?

I think it probably means that sugar mixed with protein has been found to work the best.

[/quote]

yep

he advocated glucose or glucose polymers and essential amino acids. im guessing bcaas or just straight up whey, but then again im pretty sure he was saying that to promote his new supplement line: a pre-w mix drink, during-w mix drink, and post-w drink mix

I totally believe in having a shake during a workout. I have a 2 litre water bottle and fill it with a full serving of Surge, 10 grams of creatine and 10 grams of L-glutamine. I believe this has made a huge difference in my recovery and workout energy.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanx for filling us in on this, I would have loved to attend if I knew about it. If you have ever seen these guys, they know what they are talking about. Albert Beckles and both Melvin train at my gym occasionally and they are both specimens. I know that Milos is also somewhat of a student of the teachings of Poliquin, which isnt a bad thing either :slight_smile: