T Nation

Million Dollar - Squat Everyday

@lorez
cross country— man. i used to get tired just watching those guys.
Isn’t it amazing what a good coach can do??

That’s awesome! I never lifted on my life prior to these 2 and a half years (still first half year or so half assed)

I was always competitive as a child, won a state soccer tourney with my team, 1 national and 2 regional on judo.

I miss the competition (your pictures gave me goosebumps), when I found more about PL I was in love, I know Im kind of far yet, but with the knowledge the guys have here, like you, CT and many others and my fire I know I can get there (especially because my country is not THAT great at this sport like US or Russia for example)

Second, I tried your 5x5, damn I was wrong about it being easy, I loved it, very tough today I was with my gf I got such a huge cramp it was insane, loved it! hah. So I owe you an apology.

What you think would be a good scheme for this? % of the load, 80? Like on HDLs? (Remember doing everyday, goal increase strength and squat techinique)

4 weeks on, 1 off? or like 6, 2?

by the way my last post went up between your first and second so It was not me not paying attention I just didn’t see it on time.

[quote]skariot wrote:
That’s awesome! I never lifted on my life prior to these 2 and a half years (still first half year or so half assed)

I was always competitive as a child, won a state soccer tourney with my team, 1 national and 2 regional on judo.

I miss the competition (your pictures gave me goosebumps), when I found more about PL I was in love, I know Im kind of far yet, but with the knowledge the guys have here, like you, CT and many others and my fire I know I can get there (especially because my country is not THAT great at this sport like US or Russia for example)

Second, I tried your 5x5, damn I was wrong about it being easy, I loved it, very tough today I was with my gf I got such a huge cramp it was insane, loved it! hah. So I owe you an apology.

What you think would be a good scheme for this? % of the load, 80? Like on HDLs? (Remember doing everyday, goal increase strength and squat techinique)

4 weeks on, 1 off? or like 6, 2?

by the way my last post went up between your first and second so It was not me not paying attention I just didn’t see it on time.[/quote]

Normally a strength routine that uses sets of 5 reps and multiple sessions for the same lift per week the sets of 5 are done with 80%. If you do it everyday I would wave the intensity a bit with day 3 being the heaviest. So if you are squatting 6 days a week, it would look like this:

DAY 1: 75%
DAY 2: 70%
DAY 3: 80%
DAY 4: 60%
DAY 5: 70%
DAY 6: 75%
DAY 7: OFF

Every 3rd week add 5-10lbs to all your work sets until you cannot do the 5x5 with the added weight on DAY 3, at witch point you deload for a week and then retest your max.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]skariot wrote:
That’s awesome! I never lifted on my life prior to these 2 and a half years (still first half year or so half assed)

I was always competitive as a child, won a state soccer tourney with my team, 1 national and 2 regional on judo.

I miss the competition (your pictures gave me goosebumps), when I found more about PL I was in love, I know Im kind of far yet, but with the knowledge the guys have here, like you, CT and many others and my fire I know I can get there (especially because my country is not THAT great at this sport like US or Russia for example)

Second, I tried your 5x5, damn I was wrong about it being easy, I loved it, very tough today I was with my gf I got such a huge cramp it was insane, loved it! hah. So I owe you an apology.

What you think would be a good scheme for this? % of the load, 80? Like on HDLs? (Remember doing everyday, goal increase strength and squat techinique)

4 weeks on, 1 off? or like 6, 2?

by the way my last post went up between your first and second so It was not me not paying attention I just didn’t see it on time.[/quote]

Normally a strength routine that uses sets of 5 reps and multiple sessions for the same lift per week the sets of 5 are done with 80%. If you do it everyday I would wave the intensity a bit with day 3 being the heaviest. So if you are squatting 6 days a week, it would look like this:

DAY 1: 75%
DAY 2: 70%
DAY 3: 80%
DAY 4: 60%
DAY 5: 70%
DAY 6: 75%
DAY 7: OFF

Every 3rd week add 5-10lbs to all your work sets until you cannot do the 5x5 with the added weight on DAY 3, at witch point you deload for a week and then retest your max.
[/quote]

Awesome! Just what I was looking for, can’t wait to start monday.

I have a few questions, if you dont mind CT, this 80% is of 1 rm of training max is that right?

The deload would be a week off of training legs entirely is that it?

Anything else I should know, or optimize about this? (Considering the goal, Strenght and Squat proficiency and lef mass)

Thanks a ton! It means a lot to me, Im excited to go on start this

ct.
great stuff. like i said before, Masters take something good and make it better.

Curious to see how this plays out for ya skariot.Your a young guy,eager to learn and do shit right.That’s nice to see.Also domcib your write up’s have been a great read.It’s interesting on how your training was back in the day for throwing etc.I never would of thought it would be set up that way and so close to what CT teaches us today.Ya this thread has been a good read for sure.

[quote]domcib wrote:
ct.
great stuff. like i said before, Masters take something good and make it better.
[/quote]
I read the Negrete arcticle you recommended, sick transformation.

The CT one Effort though was pretty good, it was a hit, I always thought I was one of the hard working guys at the gym. I sure can do more, thanks for that.

[quote]jppage wrote:
Curious to see how this plays out for ya skariot.Your a young guy,eager to learn and do shit right.That’s nice to see.Also domcib your write up’s have been a great read.It’s interesting on how your training was back in the day for throwing etc.I never would of thought it would be set up that way and so close to what CT teaches us today.Ya this thread has been a good read for sure.[/quote]

that’s why i took so well to his coaching. it’s what i enjoyed most.

[quote]skariot wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:
ct.
great stuff. like i said before, Masters take something good and make it better.
[/quote]
I read the Negrete arcticle you recommended, sick transformation.

The CT one Effort though was pretty good, it was a hit, I always thought I was one of the hard working guys at the gym. I sure can do more, thanks for that.[/quote]
go get em , tiger!

Hi guys, first of all, happy holidays.

I did the squat everyday two weeks, two considerations, first off. It’s amazing for conditioning. First week was hard, second one, so much more energy. Second, I miscalculated my max. I thought it would be like 5% more of the 3 reps. Its probably a bit more, and/or that was not my true 3rm. I will retest and continue.

I will travel to the beach today and be back on january 6. But there is a friend with a gym there, very basic, but there is a barbell a bench and a squat rack so all thats needed is there :). I will continue there, unfortunately without internet access.

On the plus side, is close to where the current and multiple time winner of national strongest man trains, so I will most likely pay a visit or two.

Psyched.