Million Dollar Bounty on My Head

I’d like to see these bounties claimed:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART2/296/867.html

EDIT: Should point out these are convicted murderers/terrorists and the bounties were issued by the family of some of the victims.

Is this Saudi Prince off the reservation?

I thought the Saudi royal family was more PC than that, to protect their Western interests??

[quote]florelius wrote:
I might have reported pat by a mistake, sorry about that. [/quote]

ooops.

Do you get the reward if you turn yourself in?

Oh shit, time to invoke that right of return, quickly join the Isreali army, and turn myself in for the reward and an agreement to be treated well.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
Oh shit, time to invoke that right of return, quickly join the Isreali army, and turn myself in for the reward and an agreement to be treated well.[/quote]

Well, assuming a 5 year captivity like Shalit, periodic beatings, being shuttled around in the trunks of cars, and having some sort of crippling illness and eye damage because you’ve not been exposed to sunlight in years, I could think of other ways to make $200,000/year.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Do you get the reward if you turn yourself in?[/quote]

Yes, go for it.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I see the prisoner exchange that precipitated this story consisted of one IDF soldier for 1,000 Palestinians. I guess, on the part of both sides, that DOES establish the basic concept of “value” in this regard.[/quote]

I agree entirely. Very disappointed when I heard Bibi had pulled this crap.[/quote]

Clearing the decks for an Iran attack. Shalit was politically sensitive.

Plus, I would be surprised if 1/3 of these guys is not now a double agent.

The other 2/3 have RFIDs jammed up there asses to figure out where they are going. Walking radio beacons for drone strikes.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

The other 2/3 have RFIDs jammed up there asses to figure out where they are going. Walking radio beacons for drone strikes.[/quote]

I’ve never heard such a sound reason for releasing folks from gitmo!

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I see the prisoner exchange that precipitated this story consisted of one IDF soldier for 1,000 Palestinians. I guess, on the part of both sides, that DOES establish the basic concept of “value” in this regard.[/quote]

I agree entirely. Very disappointed when I heard Bibi had pulled this crap.[/quote]

The other 2/3 have RFIDs jammed up there asses to figure out where they are going. Walking radio beacons for drone strikes.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m sure there’s more to it than meets the eye. Hope you’re right about Iran BTW.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure there’s more to it than meets the eye. Hope you’re right about Iran BTW.[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance in re to the threat of Iran to Israel, could u briefly outline your reasoning in re to this. Pakistan to me appears to be a more imminent threat to the the world, no disrespect intended for Israels wellbeing.

Thanks in advance, u have a way of cutting through the bullshit and presenting the facts.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

May God be with you and your family and loved ones, Jewbacca.

Yeah, I’m sure there’s more to it than meets the eye. Hope you’re right about Iran BTW.[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance in re to the threat of Iran to Israel, could u briefly outline your reasoning in re to this. Pakistan to me appears to be a more imminent threat to the the world, no disrespect intended for Israels wellbeing.

Thanks in advance, u have a way of cutting through the bullshit and presenting the facts.[/quote]

Not Jewbacca and not nearly as smart, but remember that Iran is the virtual monkey that has been slinging it’s shat at Israel in all manors literal and philosophical. Calling fro their outright destruction by any and all peace loving members is Islam. They feel it their birthright to kick off the final shit storm that is to come.

I am only so sorry that our Israeli friends have the shame that is Obama to help them through this instead of a real man like Reagen. Maybe Cain can cut his teeth on some serious middle east mayhem and master it as he goes.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Thanks in advance, u have a way of cutting through the bullshit and presenting the facts.[/quote]

It’s a difficult thing to understand because of the patchwork of alliances and different militant groups in the Muslim world. Others probably know more about Iran but I can give a bit of background about how al-Qaeda and Iran relate to each other.

Sunni militantism came to the forefront in 1979 with the siege of the grand mosque of Mecca:

Islamists in Saudi Arabia were following an ideology that the Saudi kingdom had been corrupted by western money and culture during the oil boom - and that Western civilisation/culture was an enemy of Islam that must be attacked and destroyed and a global caliphate established. The ideology stressed the importance of waging war against the West and western civilisation as well as Islamic regimes they considered apostate. They consider ALL current Islamic governments in the world apostate BTW.

Much of this ideology has its roots in Egyptian Sunni militants that later inspired al-Qaeda, like the Egyptian Islamic Jihad movement that assassinated the Egyptian president Anwar El Sadat.

The same year as the siege of the grand mosque of Mecca(1979) the Iranian revolution occurred bringing with it the rise to the world stage of a similar Shia ideology. This was a much more serious development as Shia Islamists were now state players.

Iran became THE state sponsor of terrorism against both Israelis and the west throughout the 80’s. Also in the 80’s the Jihad against the Soviets in Afghanistan helped spread Egyptian Sunni extremism throughout much of the Muslim world. This is where al-Qaeda’s ideology originated.

After their rise in the early 90’s Iran actually worked very closely with al-Qaeda. Osama bin Laden being one of a group called ‘The Committee of Three’ that met in Tehran with the highest ranking intelligence, military and religious officials, to co-ordinate terrorism against Islamic regimes considered apostate, the US, Israel and the west.

Iran organised many terrorist attacks against the Saudis because they had a shared interest with the Sunni Islamists in bringing down the royal family in Saudi Arabia. Iran also funded and planned many Sunni terrorist attacks against the West, including al-Qaeda attacks throughout the 90’s.

The Iranians and al-Qaeda have had falling outs at different times that have limited their co-operation. When Ramzi Yusef(WTC bomber) began attacks on Iranian Shia in the mid-90’s and when al-Zarqawi began killing Shia in Iraq for example.

I agree with you that Pakistan and al-Qaeda groups are more of a threat to the west overall but I think we need to consider Iranian and Pakistani/al-Qaeda terrorists as part of the overall conflict. We also need to keep in mind that there ARE elements in Pakistan that are working with us(sort of) whereas the Iranian regime is entirely in the camp of the enemy. Also that Iran is fully and completely involved in state sponsorship of terrorism whereas in Pakistan it’s more complex.

The Iranians’ recent moves into Venezuela and the recently failed plot may indicate a shift with Iran taking a more prominent role in attacks against the US and the west in general. The withdrawal from Iraq will also likely embolden Iran to intensify attacks on Western interests/westerners in the region.

Also need to consider:

a. The fact that Iranian/Pakistani involvement is part of a new type of state sponsored global warfare that involves the use of propaganda and terrorism to influence the foreign policy of the west and destabilise our societies.

b. The fact that virtually the entire Muslim world has been at war with Israel since 1948 and that the goal of many is to ‘divide and conquer’ so to speak. To isolate Israel as part of a strategy to ‘defeat in detail’ the west.

So whether or not Iran or al-Qaeda/Pakistan is more of threat on its own to the west overall is not really important. We need to see it as part of a global conflict. And how, when and who should deal with Iran is merely a strategic question. Hope this helps.

Also, strategy may help to understand Iranian and Pakistani interests.

Iran is worried about a two front war with US in Iraq on their western border and US on their eastern border in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Pakistan is worried about a two front war with India on their eastern border and US/India in Afghanistan on their western border.

Then there are Russian interests and their geographical position in the North extending their influence through the Caucusus and the central Asian republics. And lastly Chinese interests and their extension from the east through Kyrgystan and Tajikistan. China has interests in oil, gas and hydro-electric projects in these two countries and wants to expand its influence.

Obviously US/India are not aggressors but this strategic way of looking at things helps to understand Pakistani and Iranian motives in the region. Pakistan, Iran and others use terrorist groups to change the foreign policy of US, Israel, Indian etc, in order to better their strategic position. They do this as part of a greater global agenda against the west that includes:

• Propaganda, disinfo to undermine our societies, dividing us and therefore bringing about changes in our foreign policy and destabilising our governments

• Terrorism same reasons as above

• Control of vital shipping lanes i.e. our access to foreign markets, e.g. North/East African pirates/al-Shabab, al-Qaeda in Yemen and the Maghreb

• Oil as a weapon, e.g. tanker wars between Iraq & Iran

• Control of strategically important areas and waterways, e.g. Red Sea/Suez Canal, Persian Gulf, etc

• Economic warfare/terrorism through various means

• Cyber warfare as we’ve seen with China and groups like Anonymous

In addition to these real world interests we need to consider that there are Islamic fundamentalist “true believers” in Iran and al-Qaeda/Pakistan and their interests are different but related.

It’s the “true believers” who are the most immediate threat and our foreign policy needs to be geared towards denying them WMD. We also need to consider real world interests too.

Interesting:

“a report in the Haaretz daily Wednesday that Netanyahu is now lobbying Cabinet members for an attack, despite the complexity of the operation and the high likelihood it would draw a deadly retaliation from Iran. An Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was discussing a sensitive policy discussion, said Netanyahu does not yet have a majority.”

Read more: Israel Reportedly Considers Pre-Emptive Attack on Iran | Fox News

Well done SM

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
[/quote]

Pakistan has problems, I agree. Indeed, Pakistan’s AQ Khan was behind spreading the technology of using fairly primative methods to enrich Uranium to the 90% U-235 necessary for implosion-style bombs. If not for AQ Khan, Iran would never have the bomb.

But, that genie has left the bottle, and Pakistan is far away from Israel, with its own problems.

And, offically at least, it’s a nominally stable country, with sane, secular, people in basic control of its nukes. It’s not fond of Israel, certainly. But doesn’t preach “kill the Jooooos” to its people every day, like Iran.

And, most important of all, they love their kids.

Iran, in contrast, is within missle range, has, in fact, developed some missles that can reach Israel, albeit they probably can’t carry a payload as heavy as the primative nukes they can make.

But they are developing heavier missles, so that is a matter of time.

And, in contrast to Pakistan, Iran’s leadership has stated its intent to destroy Israel.

Indeed, Iran has done its level best to do so already — the terrorist group Hezbollah (in Lebanon, Syria, and even the arab-occupied territories of Judea) is backed by Iran with money, weapons, influence and even troops.

The one person whose name I know whom I shot (while he was loading a missle tube), for example, was Iranian. I shot him in Judea.

So we’re at war with Iran, right now. It’s a simmering war. But they are there, on our border, shooting missles at us. (The arabs fired missles into apartment buildings in Ashkelon a week ago, for example, killing at least one and wounding several.)

And to top it off, in comparison to Pakistan’s leadership who are fairly mainstream muslims, Iran’s leadership is part of the “12 Iman” sub cult of Islam — it’s a cult within Islam that believest heaven will come to Earth only if a war destroying the world is instigated.

The “12ers” as normal muslims call them basically want to end it all. As as a result, normal “don’t kill us or we’ll kill you” deterrance won’t work — they embrace their own death. It’s hard to scare someone who wants to die.

In short, that is why Iran is so fucking dangerous.

I know a lot of Iranians, and they hate the fucktards in power. But the Persians are also a very proud people and so hate the idea of help from abroad to get rid of said fucktards.

I understand that.

But there comes a time when you say “they are fucking crazy” and you don’t care who takes them out.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Wanna wrestle?
[/quote]

No. I also don’t want to look at your art pictures. ;-)[/quote]
Touche![/quote]

Apologies for off-topic remark, but I really like your avatar.
Back to the show…

Jewbacca, if you were ever taken, I hope you’d have your entire body booby-trapped with slow-release deadly stuff that had the words “Mohammed Sucks” in Arabic.

Hope never necessary, of course.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I’d like to see these bounties claimed:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART2/296/867.html

EDIT: Should point out these are convicted murderers/terrorists and the bounties were issued by the family of some of the victims.[/quote]

In light of the carbon tax, SM, some Aussies will want to earn some extra money!!

What are the carbon emissions on bounty hunting?? wonders