Milk...

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
Professor X wrote:
kroby wrote:
Skim milk Grow! pudding every night. Quite yummy.

The word “yummy” has now been defined as “brokeback”. From here on out, it shall not be used unless by someone of brokeback nature.

Disclaimer: Simply hurting your back does not qualify.

Yummy is still a valid hetero term if used after seeing a delicious specimen of a woman.

Does that means it’s “halfback”?[/quote]

LMAO…Damn Prof, you are on one today!

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

I like milk, but it puts padding around my tummy. That’s why I’ve switched to bull’s milk - less fat, but also harder to come by.

DB[/quote]

Tummy and bull’s milk are brokeback.

Professor X wrote:
kroby wrote:

The word “yummy” has now been defined as “brokeback”. From here on out, it shall not be used unless by someone of brokeback nature.

I like milk, but it puts padding around my tummy. That’s why I’ve switched to bull’s milk - less fat, but also harder to come by.

DB[/quote]

Techniques displayed in Freddy Got Fingered might help you out.

I go through about a gallon of skim milk every other day. My local dairy delivers it right to my home. I love milk of the bovine persuasion.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
The Water/Coke thread had me thinking.

Who else here drinks milk?

I do, right around a gallon of skim every 5-7 days. I don’t eat cereal, but I always have milk with dinner.

Started a while ago when I would eat hot salsa and needed to quell the heat, but now I’m drinking moo juice with every dinner.

In anyone’s view, is this contradictory to today’s modern muscle building diets?

GAINER[/quote]

The ratio of protein/fat/carbs in milk makes it excellent for gaining lean body mass. It would be what you would want to drink at night because it is low in carbs. So milk is awesome!

It has also been used to loose weight in some studies:

http://www.2424milk.com/health_studies_overview_random.htm

It also helps the bone in your jimmy from getting osteoporosis:)

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB
That stuff you’re getting from the bull … I don’t think it’s milk.

[/quote]

No, I’m pretty certain it is. It’s white and runny. It does smell and taste different from cow’s milk, so I can see how you’d think that it’s not milk.

DB

[quote]Lorisco wrote:

The ratio of protein/fat/carbs in milk makes it excellent for gaining lean body mass. It would be what you would want to drink at night because it is low in carbs. So milk is awesome!

[/quote]

Um, no. Milk is not low in carbs, it has more carbs than protein (13-8 a serving or some ratio close to that). I love the stuff, and drink over 2 gallons a week, but it’s not a pre-bedtime snack unless you’re really thin.

About half of my protein comes from milk. I drink water about 1-2 litres every day and I LOVE it!

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I drink raw, whole, grass fed milk. Usually about a gallon a week. Usually only in the a.m. with my coffee and Grow! shake. The farm manager made a mistake and poured me two gallons on Sunday. Rather than waste it I’ll drink two gallons this week. I thought I’d give some away, but folks at work cringe a bit when I tell them I drink raw milk. So now I keep my mouth shut about it.[/quote]

I used to drink raw milk - till one day I looked in the bottom of my glass and there was a nice thick layer of blood…I guess the brown tinge in the jug should have tipped me off.

By the way what is the benefit of raw milk over pasturized? besides being cheaper, which is why I used to buy it.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB
That stuff you’re getting from the bull … I don’t think it’s milk.

[/quote]

I didn’t have the heart to tell him, hahaha.

I drink probably a gallon of skim milk, per week. I only drink it, really, because I can’t stand the taste of protein + water. Usually I’ll have 3 shakes/day, two of which will be with milk, plus a little bit with my morning oats.

I can’t stand the taste of milk, otherwise, but it makes the protein taste immensely better - especially metabolic drive (just got my first two containers, and it’s amazing).

I drink half a carton of whole milk by noon everyday when I bulk.

Professor X wrote:
kroby wrote:

DB[/quote]

Freaking Hilarious!

I hate milk. It makes me vomit immediately. I hate the smell, the taste, the colour and I can’t digest it. My aversion to milk even makes me gag with anything that tastes or feels similar, like Baileys, soy milk, whatever.

Rant over.

Makkun

[quote]Jerome wrote:

I used to drink raw milk - till one day I looked in the bottom of my glass and there was a nice thick layer of blood…I guess the brown tinge in the jug should have tipped me off.

By the way what is the benefit of raw milk over pasturized? besides being cheaper, which is why I used to buy it.
[/quote]

Ever have blood sausage, same thing only not sausage.

I started buying it because it hormone free, organic and grass fed. Regardless of any health benefits (which I can’t quantify) I’d rather support my local farmer than some conglomerate. Interesting article it today’s Wall Street Journal about a small milk producer pissing of the big guys.

Gallon a day of chocolate milk. It’s fast and I don’t get much fat from it.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

Um, no. Milk is not low in carbs, it has more carbs than protein (13-8 a serving or some ratio close to that). I love the stuff, and drink over 2 gallons a week, but it’s not a pre-bedtime snack unless you’re really thin.[/quote]

Genius, the criteria for if something is low or high in carbs is not whether the carbs are more or less mg than the protein. Does that mean if you ate something with 100mg of protein and 80mg carbs that it would be low in carbs?

Read a few more nutrition articles on this site, learn what the glycemic index is, and then we can talk.

I love milk! I usually have 2 glasses (1 glass + 16oz) with breakfast and two with dinner plus a protien shake durring the day. That’s about 80 oz a day…

i go through about 5 gallons of skim a week

i dont know what i would do without it really

probably be a lot smaller

I go through 1/2 gallon of Organic FF milk every 4 days or so. I could go through a 1/2 gallon a day, but organic milk ain’t cheap.