T Nation

Milk Thistle and Other Cycle Support

I note that all 17aa steroids are harsh on the liver, and as such a lot (if not everyone) recommends Milk Thistle when doing something like [Test + Anavar] or [Test + D-Bol].

How much is actually needed? I’d assume it would be a fair bit more than what’s on the side of the bottle.

And what other supplementation would y’all recommend?

I’m thinking:

Milk Thistle
Celery seed
Hawthorn
Red Yeast Rice
Fish Oil (ideally Flameout?)
Taurine (?)
Saw Palmetto

But again, what dosage? The stuff on the side of the bottle would be for someone who isn’t using AAS.

I like liv.52 for the liver. If I go through a bottle of that liv.52 stuff my liver values are better after a multi-gram dbol cycle than before.

synthetek.com/Products/Synthergine/synthergine.html

Not tried it yet, but i am very interested in Synthetek producks.

This is injectable.

JJ

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i juice and drink half a pund of veg everymorning, nearly all the antioxidants available dependant on veg & fruit used.
Plus the whole enzyme metabolisation thing its unbeatable.

I figured my cup of blueberries every day covered the antioxidants, but I wasn’t aware of the need with 17aa’s. You learn something everyday… thanks bushy!

Hopefully by the time I hit 200, Superfood will be for sale at Biotest NZ.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
i juice and drink half a pund of veg everymorning, nearly all the antioxidants available dependant on veg & fruit used.
Plus the whole enzyme metabolisation thing its unbeatable.[/quote]

What are your usual suspects in your breakfast drink Testo?

That sounds very healthy, hell look what it did for ol Jack LaLanne!

I have his juicer and haven’t done shit with it for a long time now. I’m low carbin it at the moment though.

Nice thread Mak.

ToneBone

My morning juice usually consists of brocoli stalks, carrots, parsley, 150g of organic blueberrys and a red pepper. It does however taste like piss water.

I add an apple in on those mornings i just cannot face it which helps with the taste.
Plus i use a large serving of a greens supplement when i have it.

I personally would not worry about the carbs from it, the recharging of the pancreatic enzymes allow for much better metabolism of macros meaning they will be used efficently most of the time.

My juicing habbit costs me about as much as my actual Juicin habbit though, price of organic veg is stupid even when you go to a farm shop.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
my morning juice usually consists of brocoli stalks, carrots, parsley, 150g of organic blueberrys and a red pepper. It does however taste like piss water.

I add an apple in on those mornings i just cannot face it which helps with the taste.
Plus i use a large serving of a greens supplement when i have it.

I personally would not worry about the carbs from it, the recharging of the pancreatic enzymes allow for much better metabolism of macros meaning they will be used efficently most of the time.

My juicing habbit costs me about as much as my actual Juicin habbit though, price of organic veg is stupid even when you go to a farm shop.[/quote]

Thanks Testo. Good info there, hadn’t thought about what you just explained. I think I should try that, even if I have to consume a much smaller amount. The potency of fresh produce is nothing to sneeze at.

TBN

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
The price issue is what drives me towards supplements over fresh fruit and veg, sad to say.

I know you can’t beat fresh produce, but then you’d have to eat a shedload of it, just to equal the antioxidant capacity of a single serving of superfood.

Bushy[/quote]

i see where your coming from with that and do agree, however, when i first began juicing (vegatables etc) it was more for the increased enzyme availability/replenishment to aid in digestion of large quantities of food.

Superfood isnt something i have tried, i have only ever brought a Biotest product from ebay as it was far cheaper, i will try them someday, im afraid i am just stuck in my ways with where i shop.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
testanabol wrote:
my morning juice usually consists of brocoli stalks, carrots, parsley, 150g of organic blueberrys and a red pepper. It does however taste like piss water.

I add an apple in on those mornings i just cannot face it which helps with the taste.
Plus i use a large serving of a greens supplement when i have it.

I personally would not worry about the carbs from it, the recharging of the pancreatic enzymes allow for much better metabolism of macros meaning they will be used efficently most of the time.

My juicing habbit costs me about as much as my actual Juicin habbit though, price of organic veg is stupid even when you go to a farm shop.

Thanks Testo. Good info there, hadn’t thought about what you just explained. I think I should try that, even if I have to consume a much smaller amount. The potency of fresh produce is nothing to sneeze at.

TBN[/quote]

The thing to remember, when equating it to enzyme replenishment, is that you need to do so for your body weight/calorie intake, for example i believe i am heavier than you, probaby intaking more calories, i am currently on around 5500 a day, therefore i need more enzymes to digest that amount of food at 10 different times of the day.

If say you are at 200lb, consuming 6 meals per day for a total of 3500calories, then eod or e3d juicing would benefit you greatly, maybe even just call it twice per week. It is important to do so i think imediately on waking on an empty stomach, waiting 20 minutes before consuming any other food.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
testanabol wrote:
my morning juice usually consists of brocoli stalks, carrots, parsley, 150g of organic blueberrys and a red pepper. It does however taste like piss water.

I add an apple in on those mornings i just cannot face it which helps with the taste.
Plus i use a large serving of a greens supplement when i have it.

I personally would not worry about the carbs from it, the recharging of the pancreatic enzymes allow for much better metabolism of macros meaning they will be used efficently most of the time.

My juicing habbit costs me about as much as my actual Juicin habbit though, price of organic veg is stupid even when you go to a farm shop.

Thanks Testo. Good info there, hadn’t thought about what you just explained. I think I should try that, even if I have to consume a much smaller amount. The potency of fresh produce is nothing to sneeze at.

TBN

The thing to remember, when equating it to enzyme replenishment, is that you need to do so for your body weight/calorie intake, for example i believe i am heavier than you, probaby intaking more calories, i am currently on around 5500 a day, therefore i need more enzymes to digest that amount of food at 10 different times of the day.

If say you are at 200lb, consuming 6 meals per day for a total of 3500calories, then eod or e3d juicing would benefit you greatly, maybe even just call it twice per week. It is important to do so i think imediately on waking on an empty stomach, waiting 20 minutes before consuming any other food.
[/quote]

Great!

Thanks buddy, I’ll begin anew with the juicing.
I can afford it at that frequency I think, lol.

Cheers Testo!

Wow, I rarely eat fruits and I only eat about 3-4 veggies per day. I like the juicing a pound of veggies idea. Clean-up is such a bitch though.

I love this country sometimes.

Must be nice, I don’t drink bottled juices because the good ones cost and arm and an asshole and the rest are merely corn syrup with orange artificial flavoring.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Must be nice, I don’t drink bottled juices because the good ones cost and arm and an asshole and the rest are merely corn syrup with orange artificial flavoring. [/quote]

Check out the ingredients. Pure awesomeness in a convenient 1L bottle.

Lol, when I look at some bottled juice actual orange juice is the 4th or 6th ingredient.