Milk Gallon Challenge

I tried it at a football cookout my senior year… i did not make it.

I went at it too hard and fast(TWSS)
and after i downed the first 3/4 of it in the first 15 minutes, i almost spewed.

I think i might be able to do it now, after spending 6 months putting a half gallon down in one sitting each night, but i still think its damn tough. I think you would have to prep for it most likely, maybe a little HFT.

–JB

Each participant supplies their own gallon of milk in addition to paying a $3 entry fee. The winner receives the entry fees of all the losers. Last year the money prize was $80.
Wheatabix is a delicious cereal that is popular in the U.K but less so in the States. You can buy it at co-ops. It’s like eating a sponge – you lose ALL your saliva.

Regarding footage, don’t worry. I want video and pics of everything worth seeing. I’ll share the juicy stuff.

I’ve two strategies. The first is to drink 3 oz. per minute for the first 8 minutes followed by 2 oz. per minute for the remaining 52 minutes. The other choice is 16 oz. the first four minutes and 8 oz. for each four minute block thereafter. I’m leaning toward the second option – it just feels right.

Any tips on eating for the day of?

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I’ve heard it’s humanly impossible to drink a gallon of milk in 1 hour and keep it down without throwing up because of lactic buildup, but I might be wrong.

It is definitely possible. The band 311 did a contest on their home video and paid $311 to whoever could do it, 2 guys won. It’s just hard to do.[/quote]

Ahhh I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe this is hard or “impossible” for people under 200 pounds or something. I have done this several times and so have a few people I know.

I would do it and video it, but where the hell am I going to upload close to an hours worth of video? And who would sit and watch it?

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
I say we have a challenge of our own!

Anyone who thinks they can do it, DO IT; and video tape it.

There are a lot of “I’m pretty sure I could do it” but I want to see it.

Anyone who can complete this will get a proverbial pat on the back from all of the doubters.

Then, out of all the winners, a new challenge. How much more than a gallon of milk can you drink in an hour?[/quote]

I know I can do it, but I don’t know about recording it. When I was “incarcerated” and worked in the kitchen, a group of us would do this and challenge newcomers all the time. I’ve seen one kid do it in under 40 minutes and hold it down. It can hurt, but it’s not that hard if you practice for it.

I’ve always thought the 8-10 ounces every 5-6 minutes was easiest, but I wonder how a 2 oz shot every minute would work.

Unless you drink a milk regularly, or “trained” for this event, you’re probably going to vomit. Take some lactaid pills, fast the morning off, hit a quick workout, and pace yourself.

I never drink milk regularly, I was 180 lbs at the time, and I finished it in 45 minutes, but didn’t keep it down. Had i waited and took the hour I’m pretty sure I could’ve held it.

And for the videos, the only thing you post is the vomit haha. That’s the only part worth anything.

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
I never drink milk regularly, I was 180 lbs at the time, and I finished it in 45 minutes, but didn’t keep it down. Had i waited and took the hour I’m pretty sure I could’ve held it.

And for the videos, the only thing you post is the vomit haha. That’s the only part worth anything.[/quote]

I doubt it. The insulin spike would have still happened, and you stomach would have still reacted like it did, an extra 15 minutes wont change shit.

Yeah I guess only time will tell, my buddies and I are definitely trying it again on our reading day before finals start haha so I’ll tell you how it goes…

I don’t think it really matters about what you’re drinking. Our campus paper did an article on this last year where 3 people did skim milk, whole milk, and water. None of them got it just because its just so much liquid in your stomach. I mean its by no means a scientific study but I think all that matters is how much you can hold in your stomach, or how you pace yourself.

I disagree. I think whole milk would be 10 times harder than skim milk. It’s so much more fat to absorb and also calories.
Skim milk is like water compared to whole.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Maybe this is hard or “impossible” for people under 200 pounds or something. I have done this several times and so have a few people I know
[/quote]

Yeah, back when I was young and foolish(with a much higher metabolism) that was a regular thing, whole, raw milk too, even managed 5 quarts of ice cream at a sitting too.

Check this out, don’t know if he puked straight after but id imagine so

Oops already bin posted doh

Well, I’m a huge milk drinker and this is tough. Tried it about 2.5 years ago, got about 3/4 of the way through and it started to get hard. I remember when I threw up it was like a fire hydrent spewing out of my mouth, pretty cool. I didn’t make it, but I’d try it again.

Monopoly

Yea, I guess I didn’t think about the time that would be wasted on the video tape if someone took the whole hour. We’d have to believe whoever edited it down to just the parts where the milk’s being drunk.

I wonder if non-stop is a better strategy. Like the guy was saying in the comments of that video, it might not give the body enough time to react in some way.

How long would someone have to go without puking? I’d imagine after just a few minutes you’d want to claim your winnings, and once you have the money, you should be fine to puke if you had to.

Are we talking an imperial gallon(4.5L) or an american gallon( around 2L). If were talking 2l, thats easy, I used to do it for lunch at school everyday, took about 15mins to get through it comfortably. I think very few people would be able to hold down 4.5l.

If you haven’t gone on benders involving at least a half gallon of skim milk and cinnamon toast crunch or frosted flakes, then you’re not a man.

In college I would regularly drink a gallon of skim milk a day. Drinking a quart of milk was done as a matter of course. I drank a gallon of skim milk once, just to see what the fuss was. While it was annoying getting up to urinate constantly, it wasn’t a big deal. At all.

I never saw what the big deal of drinking so much milk was.

[quote]gotaknife wrote:
Tim Henriques wrote:
Almost no one can do this, despite people often claiming they can. At my gym several years back somebody was offering 500 bucks to people if they could do it and nobody did but a lot of people threw up. The lactose is too much for most people to handle.

Really? I won $20 for downing 3L (0.8 gallons) of full cream in an hour. I am pretty confident that I could have done more. On that same day I won $50 for being able to eat a whole wheat-bix in a minute, which was far more difficult (do they even have wheat-bix in the US?). Camping trips rule.

[/quote]

No they dont have wheat-bix in US. Yea i liked in when I was in nz and people were like yea, i had 4 wheat-bix this morning.

My impression of wheat-bix(never tried, but saw lots of commercials) was it was like granola bars(museali bars) that are not sweet and very compact.

The best I can say is a standard U.S. pitcher of beer in 37 seconds. I think that is a half a gallon. I didn’t throw up but couldn’t drink anything else for at least 30 minutes. I know for damn sure I couldn’t drink another 64 oz all at once. It probably would have been tough to drink a quart. Though I did start drinking again in about thirty minutes. I probably had two more beers. That was back in 93 when I was in drinking shape.

[quote]ncscarface wrote:
I don’t think it really matters about what you’re drinking. Our campus paper did an article on this last year where 3 people did skim milk, whole milk, and water. None of them got it just because its just so much liquid in your stomach. I mean its by no means a scientific study but I think all that matters is how much you can hold in your stomach, or how you pace yourself.[/quote]

My son and some of his friends tried this and failed. One of their fathers is a doctor and he told them drinking a gallon of anything in an hour is virtually impossible because the digestive system physically can’t handle that volume of liquid. That being said, I don’t doubt the people on here that say they did it, they’re just way outside the curve in stomach capacity.