Milk Before Bed

Whenever I drink milk within an hour or two of bedtime, I wake up the next morning STARVING. I don’t notice the same effects from cheese or other dairy products, and I don’t get it from ingesting a lot of simple carbs either.

Does anyone else experience this? And what is it?

Milk causes an Big insluin recpone that os of yet we well arent 100% sure about so I can see that happening your shuttling that food fast and then left looking for more.

Think about it though Milk is produced for babay animals things thats are looking to PACK in the food and fast to support major growth/ life. Sure have your milk and if trying to add mass have some more when you wake to pee.

Phill

[quote]industrialplaid wrote:
Whenever I drink milk within an hour or two of bedtime, I wake up the next morning STARVING. I don’t notice the same effects from cheese or other dairy products, and I don’t get it from ingesting a lot of simple carbs either.

Does anyone else experience this? And what is it?[/quote]

Same thing with me…Whenever I drink my protein shake with 16 oz of milk, I wake up STARVINGGGG…have no idea why

I ALWAYS wake up starving. Milk, no milk.

[quote]mithious wrote:
I ALWAYS wake up starving. Milk, no milk. [/quote]

And I…like…milk.

I’m just sayin’

Milk doesnt do this to me at all.

I did notice something that did do it though.
Steak right before bed.

I too love milk…my sweet, sweet dairy lover…my queen of the night…my…I will stop now…

It happens to me too.

I have an idea why though…

You know how if you get to hungry you stomach starts to growl…and if you wait about 2 hrs later, it goes away?

I think that the Casein protien in milk stays with you for about 6-8 hrs while you sleep and right when you wake up your in the 6-8 hr zone and you stomach is growling.

Whenever I diet, I always go to bed hungary and wake up fine. When I bulk and eat before i go to bed, I always wake up with my stomach growling…

Just my .02

I really have no clue though, thats the only thing I can come up with though.

Its weird though. Happens to me too!

[quote]Phill wrote:
Milk causes an Big insluin recpone that os of yet we well arent 100% sure about so I can see that happening your shuttling that food fast and then left looking for more.

Phill[/quote]

Actually skim milk’s GI is only 32 and 1%,2%, and whole milk are even less on the GI scale so I doubt it’s due to insulin and nutrient shuttling. However I’ve been proven wrong before.

[quote]E-man wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Actually skim milk’s GI is only 32 and 1%,2%, and whole milk are even less on the GI scale so I doubt it’s due to insulin and nutrient shuttling. However I’ve been proven wrong before.

[/quote]

No you’re right eman.

[quote]E-man wrote:

[/quote]

Milk is low on the GI, but still very high on the insulin index. They’re two different things.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
E-man wrote:

Milk is low on the GI, but still very high on the insulin index. They’re two different things.[/quote]

Thanks sorry been away skiing and drinking my MILK :slight_smile: this is what was meant. LL and I think JB have written about this on several occasions. As well can check the II and google.

Phill

anybody try almond milk?

Good info about glycemic load here: Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load

and insulin index here:
http://mendosa.com/insulin_index.htm

i always have a glass ofmilk before bed and after i started eatingmore trying to add some mass i would wake up in the middle of the night starving. what i found helped me was putting some protein in my shake before bed time.the protein wont hurt and if it keepsme from waking up i’ll keep taking it. as far as waking up hungry that happends forme everymorning,thats a good thing grab some oatmeal and get to the gym!