T Nation

Milk Before Bed?

Should I add milk to my cottage cheese and PB?

Anybody else do the milk before bed? pros cons?

I drink milk throughout the day.

How about you add some whey protein in there instead. Right now you have carbs and fat with little protein.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
How about you add some whey protein in there instead. Right now you have carbs and fat with little protein.[/quote]

Why recommend a fast digesting protein right before bed?

OP, FWIW, I eat a big bowl of cottage cheese/greek yogurt/mixed berries and a big glass of calorie countdown milk to get in some more cals/pro/fat’s without the sugar.

I’m a big fan of milk any time of day. I like to MD and milk before bed.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
OP, FWIW, I eat a big bowl of cottage cheese/greek yogurt/mixed berries and a big glass of calorie countdown milk to get in some more cals/pro/fat’s without the sugar.[/quote]

before bed?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
How about you add some whey protein in there instead. Right now you have carbs and fat with little protein.

OP, FWIW, I eat a big bowl of cottage cheese/greek yogurt/mixed berries and a big glass of calorie countdown milk to get in some more cals/pro/fat’s without the sugar.[/quote]

The fat from the PB would slow the digestion. He could have a protein mix as well, either way he needs more protein than the little bit from dairy!

umm…he is eating cottage cheese. assuming he eats a cup that’s ~28g of protein right there. That’s in addition to the 8g or so that’s in the peanut butter (2 tbsp). where is all this sugar you speak of crewpierce?

milk before bed is fine. Natural bodybuilder Layne Norton drinks 4 cups of milk, if I remember correctly, before bed. There’s no reason anyone should avoid it (assuming it doesn’t give them stomach upset).

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

The combination of milk, whey, and cottage cheese he’s got homemade blend of proteins ala ON Pro Complex. The PB will only further slow digestion. I second adding whey protein to the milk, cottage cheese, and PB

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
umm…he is eating cottage cheese. assuming he eats a cup that’s ~28g of protein right there. That’s in addition to the 8g or so that’s in the peanut butter (2 tbsp). where is all this sugar you speak of crewpierce?

milk before bed is fine. Natural bodybuilder Layne Norton drinks 4 cups of milk, if I remember correctly, before bed. There’s no reason anyone should avoid it (assuming it doesn’t give them stomach upset).[/quote]

cool, i will drink milk also then!

i eat between 1 and 2 cups of cottage cheese.

2 cups whole milk 1 large scoop whey protein and 1 tbl spoon of olive oil before bed works great for me.

[quote]AzCats wrote:
2 cups whole milk 1 large scoop whey protein and 1 tbl spoon of olive oil before bed works great for me.[/quote]

Tell me you just down the olive oil and don’t mix it with the milk. Let me know cuz that mix sounds fucking gross lol. But yeah i agree with milk and protein powder before bed and I have been meaning to buy some olive oil for through out the day.

[quote]Everlast9489 wrote:
AzCats wrote:
2 cups whole milk 1 large scoop whey protein and 1 tbl spoon of olive oil before bed works great for me.

Tell me you just down the olive oil and don’t mix it with the milk. Let me know cuz that mix sounds fucking gross lol. But yeah i agree with milk and protein powder before bed and I have been meaning to buy some olive oil for through out the day. [/quote]

you should try olive oil in your shake; i love what it does to it, honestly

[quote]Plagueis wrote:
Everlast9489 wrote:
AzCats wrote:

Tell me you just down the olive oil and don’t mix it with the milk. Let me know cuz that mix sounds fucking gross lol. But yeah i agree with milk and protein powder before bed and I have been meaning to buy some olive oil for through out the day.

you should try olive oil in your shake; i love what it does to it, honestly[/quote]

What does it do to your shakes? I don’t really notice anything. I can’t even taste it really

I drink lots of milk milk before bed. I drink lots of milk when I wake up. Hell I drunk lots milk.