Milk and Estrogen

discuss…milk really this bad?

“Because hormones reside in milk fat, drinking skim milk is one option.”

That’s good to know.

However, wouldn’t this also implicate breast feeding? I’m inclined to think this is something that we’ve evolved to tolerate, at least as babies.

I think it all depends on the context of what milk your talking about. If your talking about your typical grocery-store anti-biotic drenched GH-ed to the gills, pastuerized and homogenzied feedlot cows milk who are maximized for maximum milk output

(all the while suffering in quality via decreased nutrients)

versus raw milk from pasture fed cows who eat according to natures design, their really isnt any any comparision between the two at all IMO.

Raw milk for the WIN!

ho hum. that’s why you have a liver

Yay another milk is bad thread.

yes your average milk bought in supermarkets really is “that” bad

and i’m sure your liver doesn’t like processing all of those hormones, it’s probably busy enough with your own

Raw milk however should be damn near classified as a “Superfood”. You could say the same or even mroe about a high quality source of raw colustrum as well.

[quote]BigKDawg wrote:
Raw milk however should be damn near classified as a “Superfood”. You could say the same or even mroe about a high quality source of raw colustrum as well.[/quote]

The people on this board are too lazy to look for that. They can’t even stir a jar of peanut butter without whining

[quote]robo1 wrote:
BigKDawg wrote:
Raw milk however should be damn near classified as a “Superfood”. You could say the same or even mroe about a high quality source of raw colustrum as well.

The people on this board are too lazy to look for that. They can’t even stir a jar of peanut butter without whining[/quote]

It’s more than worth the effort though. Raw milk tends to be quite a bit pricier than the store-bought stuff, but IMHO is worth every penny and then some.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
They can’t even stir a jar of peanut butter without whining[/quote]

Hahahhaa. I couldn’t believe some of the shit on that thread.

Do they even have the grip strength necessary to open the said jar of peanut butter? :slight_smile: LOL

Taken from the article:

"In a study of modern milk in Japan, Ganmaa found that it contained 10 times more progesterone, another hormone, than raw milk from Mongolia.

In traditional herding societies like Mongolia, cows are milked for human consumption only five months a year, said Ganmaa, and, if pregnant, only in the early stages. Consequently, levels of hormones in the milk are much lower. "

Interesting. lol The five months of the year is probably when they(the cows) eat a vitamin-rich diet on healthy pasture.

Another interesting bit…
"Another pilot study looked at third-graders in Mongolia. After a month, the hormone levels jumped among the children fed commercial U.S. milk. "

the quality of “Commercial U.S. milk” can range from good to HORRIBLE IMHO.

It’s true that raw milk can = superfood. The difference is in the way the dairy works. Raw milk made for direct HUMAN consumption can be exceptionally clean. Raw milk that is intended to be pasteurized is sometimes tested before then procedure… I remember reading a figure like 30% of such milk batches were found to have contaminates and tested positive for bad bugs. Dairies usually cut corners with the knowledge that the milk will just be pasteurized. That’s what I figure anyway. I’m sure there are some well fed cows not being pumped with hormones in the US that still have their milk cooked just in case.

[quote]BigKDawg wrote:
You could say the same or even mroe about a high quality source of raw colustrum as well.[/quote]

Damn straight. That stuff will wake the dead!

[quote]BigKDawg wrote:
robo1 wrote:
BigKDawg wrote:

The people on this board are too lazy to look for that. They can’t even stir a jar of peanut butter without whining

It’s more than worth the effort though. Raw milk tends to be quite a bit pricier than the store-bought stuff, but IMHO is worth every penny and then some.

[/quote]

Milk is already over 7/gallon in the maritimes in Canada. Most people can’t afford to buy organic milk, especially if they’re drinking a gallon every 2 days, which is what I drink.

Also, for those people who say raw milk is great, what makes you think farmer brown is giving you clean milk? I used to get raw milk for 3/gallon and quit because it was always dirty (often with a brown tinge, which for those who don’t know means it has blood in it from cows who’ve gave birth).

If you know your source of raw milk and how they do things, then its all good. I went out and took a visual inspection of the farmers operation from whom I purchase my raw dairy products from and came away quite impressed. Like I said, Know your source.

There is a push to get raw milk deregulated here in PA. It is currently legal if you get a permit but some want to eliminate the permit requirement.

A local farmer intentionally let his permit expire and was busted for selling raw milk.

Other farmers claim that the permit requirement is valid because it takes extra care and testing to keep raw milk safe and healthy.

There seems to be much misinformarion on the subject from both sides of the debate here.