T Nation

Military Slang

Check this out, its a complete list of USMC slang terms for everything.I got a bunch of buddies who were in the military and I have heard lots of this stuff first hand.

That just reminds me of my good friend in the Army. You can give him shit for it, you can hit him every time he says it… but he will ALWAYS refer everything you… or anybody else does as ‘civy’.

Civy jobs
Civy life

Drive me nuts, I’m seriously gonna kick his ass one day.

BAG NASTY ? A-ration bagged meal issued to Marines (usually recruits or in the field) that usually contains: a sandwich (ham, turkey, and bologna are common), a hard boiled egg, fruit, and a small bag of potato chips; often served with a beverage such as juice or milk.

[12] Also used to describe a female Marine in a sleeping bag

Hehe I like the Chair Force and ARMY ones.

Omfg I rember eating those bag nasty’s and whats funny is how the picture on wiki looks exactly like what we got down in parris island albeit the picture looks like its missing the hard boiled egg and ham bolgna with silly condiment packages of ketchup and musturd. My dumbass would give away the egg to another recruit until I asked the fucker and he told me he wanted all the protein he can get after that I kept my protein :smiley:

In the Canadian Army we called money ‘beer tickets’. What with Canadian money being different colors we’d say stuff like " Hey, I’ve only got two blue beer tickets left." That was sorta funny.

Jody is missing, probably out banging some jarhead’s old lady again.

I always heard Marines use the term “jacked up” for something fouled up, untidy or otherwise unsatisfactory. I think I’ve told this story before, but one of my friends who’s first language is not English was telling me how jacked up I was looking and I finally had to take him aside and ask him what exactly he meant!

My favorite is BCG’s, so called because you can’t make a woman sex you when you wear 'em.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
BAG NASTY…

Also used to describe a female Marine in a sleeping bag[/quote]

How’s the rate of sex crimes against girls and women in the US military doing these days?

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
BAG NASTY…

Also used to describe a female Marine in a sleeping bag

How’s the rate of sex crimes against girls and women in the US military doing these days?[/quote]

I don’t know, but last I knew the Marine Corps had the lowest percentage of females of all the services; it would be interesting to see how sexual assault prevalence statistics stack up with that.

barracks queen ? woman (servicewoman or civilian) who has had sexual relations with a large number of servicemen in a unit

the only one i didn’t see in there was “zero-nutsack-thirty”, which meant really early in the morning.

i don’t know how common it was though, i think it was just myself and the guys in my unit who used it a lot.

[quote]murph_13 wrote:
“zero-nutsack-thirty”
[/quote]

Ive heard this expression used before, early mornings suck balls - I have one tomorrow actually…