Military Promotion Conundrum

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
First off, I have never had UCMJ or negative actions/paperwork done on myself my entire career. I am in an open slot/vacancy with 100% certainty. You are correct on one point and that is if I am in compliance of all requirements according to regulation, then with-holding or deferring a promotion would require a legitimate reason. The fact is I am in compliance with all regs and everything I have stated is correct. I am facing a very subjective organization and in a very ambiguous situation. I have actually contacted my state senator and there was an inquiry made into why the NGB(National Guard Burieau) is with-holding my promotion and the Adjutant General for the State told the Senator’s office that it is not any of his business. I also contacted the Pentagon and received a response I already posted. Bottom line, I did not originally post to be questioned by someone who is not knowledgable on Air Force Regs. specifically someone from another branch of service. Thanks for wasting your time criticizing me anyway.[/quote]
Dumb ass people like you are the reason I am happily done with the military in 3 months. Your command has to enforce the regulations, however they can always make additions to them and make them more stringent. As a few of us have mentioned why are they going to promote someone that hasn’t been proven at the E-4 level to be competent at the E-5 level.

By jumping your chain on something so trivial you have pretty much permanently blemished your reputation with everyone at your command. If you work in a small community you are pretty much fucked for the rest of your career since they will let other COC’s that you are someone that doesn’t respect the ranking structure. Congrats on remaining an E4.

I felt at first you were a bit cheated and then you bitched your way into a deep shit pile and its your own fault. You say you serve your country then yourself but really you just want to be the boss or not be there at all.

bureau

I really do not know why I posted here only to be subject to the peanut gallery; Petermus,Steveo989 and mapwhap all need to grow up and learn how to talk intelligently or not at all. Your lack of intelligence is evident by your language and hostility. You certainly would be singing an entirely different tune if we met down a dark alley.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
I really appreciate your response about the JAG. I actually went to my JAG already and asked them what if anything they would recommend; the answer I received was that it is a chain of command issue and they will not step on any ones toes. Of course, the Guard is a very intrinsicly cronyistic organization meaning if you are not playing the “Political Game” and friends with certain people; the promotion will never happen.[/quote]

Not a military perspective - There isn’t anything wrong with making friends. Accomplishment has its place, but so does being a decent amicable person.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. The thing is, no body gives a shit about it because it is not their chip.

Well, if you do not care about the “chip on my shoulder” keep your mouth shut.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
Well, if you do not care about the “chip on my shoulder” keep your mouth shut.[/quote]

Fuck you, you pussy ass whiner.

It’s pretty obvious that you very easily misinterpret words and their intentions, so I can see why you are such an angry clueless failure.

So once again, to ensure that there is no misunderstanding on your part- Fuck you!

Also, it appears that your command should be warned that you present a security risk. You definitely shouldn’t have access to fire arms.

I do not understand uneducated people when they speak. Go wash your mouth out with some buck-shot.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
I do not understand uneducated people when they speak. Go wash your mouth out with some buck-shot.[/quote]

Well for someone who considers himself so educated, why don’t you have a clue as to what is “holding you back” in your military career?

At a place like Kirkland, they have a lot of use for highly educated people- but not much use for you?

Gee, why is that?

By the way, what did you score on the asvab? Better yet, how many times did you have to retake it?

I guess feigning intelligence is quite difficult for you when your ignorance is so evident.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
I guess feigning intelligence is quite difficult for you when your ignorance is so evident.[/quote]

You make that more clear with every post and don’t even know it.

I’m guessing 3 tries, and you needed coaching from a recruiter.

Wow! Your comeback/reply was exactly what I just said and not one original thought on your end.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
Wow! Your comeback/reply was exactly what I just said and not one original thought on your end. [/quote]

Checkmate dumb-dumb. I’ve had you on the line the whole time knowing that you can’t resist responding.

You just keep going. Go find a window to lick or something, would ya?

MrClean85, I was in a similar situation as you, however, not in anywhere near as important an organization.

Compared to your airforce issues, this will probably pretty comical/pathetic, but there is a lesson to be learned.

As silly as this sounds, a few years back, I worked as a server and had a dickhead boss of 3. Everything was cool when it was the other guys, but dickhead made my life hell…just little petty shit. Anyways, I brought things up with corporate three times, each time valid. Fuckhead told me to park across the street, I got ticket, he should pay for it. Fuckhead, told me I cannot wear my server apron, how the fuck am I supposed to my job if he does not have a substitute? Third time, some dickhead server was trying to start crap with me, like fight me literally, just some old loser. Anyways, I got fired, along with the server, even tho I told them about the whole thing.

Why? I was a great worker, but I had jumped the management line 3x, and the big boss/owner so this and was tired of the shit. So I got canned in one of those dirty stupid restaurant ways. It doesn’t matter just a server job, but noone told me and I had no clue. It was real fucked up.

The morale of this story is. You can be a competent guy, you can be extremely intelligent, you can do youre job well. But if you don’t learn to work in the inefficient fuckheaded manner that your bosses enjoy, then you will be blacklisted. No matter how good you are.

In this situation, your bosses obviously have some fucked up corrupt/cronyist way of doing things. They have limited vacancies obviously as well. You trying to push buttons from above, below and to the side of them, rather than just confronting them, playing their game or just well, giving them up…has fucked you in that organization permanently.

You can be a good worker, but if you are what they see as a passive-aggressive allegator type, you’re pretty much fried.

I learned not to give a fuck about bureaucratic meritocracies, what will you learn? Just hone your skills yourself and work in the commercial/private world, you’ll probably find it easier to get recognized if you’re as good as you think you are.

Wow. I’m really glad you are not in my unit. Just because you are within regs, doesn’t mean you deserve a promotion. You have to actually earn it, and provide daily examples of how your leadership warrants a rank higher than you possess.

And yes, for the record, you’re completely fucked after going to the Pentagon over some stupid little shit like this. No one cares. Especially about bitches like you. With all due respect, Senior.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
I really do not know why I posted here only to be subject to the peanut gallery; Petermus,Steveo989 and mapwhap all need to grow up and learn how to talk intelligently or not at all. Your lack of intelligence is evident by your language and hostility. You certainly would be singing an entirely different tune if we met down a dark alley. [/quote]

Peanut gallery, that’s hilarious considering I went from E-1 to E-5 in 2 1/2 years, have done a tour in Iraq, a Naval security forces tour, and have all the expected qualifications that I should have under my job as an Air traffic controller.

I would carry the same attitude down a dark alley, why, because I am not afraid of little junior kids in the military that think they’re tough guys. You’re one of those people in the military that when threatened will say something along the lines of “You don’t know where I’m from, you don’t know me.” We’ve heard it all before kid.

[quote]mrclean85 wrote:
You certainly would be singing an entirely different tune if we met down a dark alley. [/quote]

LOL

Well, I appreciate your positive words 3IdSpetsnaz. As for Steveo989 and AceRock, you guys should both wash your mouths out with buck-shot to.

Someone in the appropriate position should be contacting this dude’s command for slandering this unit’s reputation. The OP has proven his lack of intelligence and has no respect for the good name of those worthy of promotion at his command.

I’ve always heard that when you aren’t getting promoted in the military, it’s basically because they don’t like you and don’t want you around. Good luck resolving this issue, OP. You sound like a thoughtful and rational young man.