Military Press Help!!!

I have found that standing military is one of the slowest exercises (compound) to progress on. If you look at the range of weight from average to pretty fucking strong, its not very large. For instance, repping 135 on military is average (use term loosely) but repping 235 is pretty fucking strong. Thats only a 100lb difference, but its huge in terms of strength. A 100lb difference in say bench press is not much of a big deal until you are up past 300lbs or so. Point is, take the increases when they come and stay with it. It is going to take time.

MattyG
Feel free to send me a PM so I can get more specific stuff, or you can lay it out here. I’ve done a lot of research on posture screening, and one thing that’s easy to spot is kyphosis, basically that i’m able to see your upper back/shoulder blade area. that would be awesome if you were super swole, but i can see your scaps, which is not good. If you are interested I can give you some “tests” or if not just something quick to see where you are and need to get.

If you want it plain and simple, you should probably stop hitting your upper traps hard (heavy shrugs) and even take down some volume (weight, sets and/or reps) on lat work. Same goes for pecs and front delts and ab work that involves sit-up like movements.
From there, add 50% or more if you can handle it, of rowing work. Seated, 1 arm, kroc, t-bar, doesnt matter, just do loads more of it. Add in lots of heavy scap work, work on thoracic extension and thoracic mobility. You also need loads of stretching. Hit stretching multiple times/day if you can with a couple minutes each muscle/group.

I would be able to help better if I had an idea of what your training looked like. In general by fixing these things your mil press will come back up, it leaves your joints/muscles in an optimal position. Let me know if you want more info