Military Layoffs

The entirety of the United States military is contracting to 450,000 troops. They are laying off 40,000 military personal.
This REALLY bugs me. If we were not still at war in Afghanistan and fixin’ to scale up activities in Iraq and Syria, this would bother me way less. We lost more troops in WW2 than we currently have in total. We have no idea of the scale of conflict we are going to be entering in the case of ISIS in the next 2-3 years because we don’t even have a plan. We are slowing the growth of ISIS, but we have not by any means ‘degraded’ them.
We have a purely volunteer military, meaning that people are signing up of their own volition. I don’t want to discourage people from doing that. I do not think it’s right to reduce our bandwidth to where troops are having to serve multiple tours in combat zones. I get that sometimes people have to do several tours, but I do not think this should be the norm. These guys need a break. I think that the norm should be, during times of conflict, that troops should only be expected to serve one tour. I do not like these guys going back 4 and 5 times, and now we’re going to reduce our force?

The world is way to unstable right now for us to be shrinking our military. Right?