Military Deems Kids Too Fat!

Came across this little gem today:

Think if the military throws there backing into health initiatives, we’ll finally get legislation that makes sense?

On another note! Yes! Fat people are a National security risk!

I rented a machine today to airiate my lawn , there were two kids working at Ace in the 20s the machine can’t weigh 450 lbs they had one side and I the other and they were red in the face . I thought they were going to drop it . I know if i ever hire some one they will have to pass a physical test that I design

Perhaps it’s better to live fat than to die fit.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Perhaps it’s better to live fat than to die fit.[/quote]

This.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Perhaps it’s better to live fat than to die fit.[/quote]

hmmm cake or death? I choose cake!

I think I heard that the military is changing basic training to accommodate for today’s youth obesity and interest in video games.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I think I heard that the military is changing basic training to accommodate for today’s youth obesity and interest in video games.[/quote]

I hear bad things about Army BCT, any soldiers here that recently went through it?

I’ve read and heard that Drill Instructors play more of an “encouraging friend” role than actually being Drill Instructors. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I really hope I am).

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I think I heard that the military is changing basic training to accommodate for today’s youth obesity and interest in video games.[/quote]

I hear bad things about Army BCT, any soldiers here that recently went through it?

I’ve read and heard that Drill Instructors play more of an “encouraging friend” role than actually being Drill Instructors. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I really hope I am).[/quote]

I couldn’t tell you but it wouldn’t surprise me if they go this route, when it comes down to it if we are going to go to war with Iran and the likes we are going to need more people. The only way most of the population would join is if they are not treated like dirt.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I’ve read and heard that Drill Instructors play more of an “encouraging friend” role than actually being Drill Instructors. Please correct me if I’m wrong (I really hope I am).[/quote]

I couldn’t tell you but it wouldn’t surprise me if they go this route, when it comes down to it if we are going to go to war with Iran and the likes we are going to need more people. The only way most of the population would join is if they are not treated like dirt.[/quote]

Then what’s the point? Why do something if it’s going to be easy? Do people no longer take pride in accomplishing something difficult? Besides, treating soldiers like pussy ass bitches will make them just that- pussy ass bitches.

BCT should be up there for one of the hardest things you’ve ever done. You need to break people down, to make them hit rock bottom, so that you can build them back up stronger.

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

Then what’s the point? Why do something if it’s going to be easy? Do people no longer take pride in accomplishing something difficult? Besides, treating soldiers like pussy ass bitches will make them just that- pussy ass bitches.

BCT should be up there for one of the hardest things you’ve ever done. You need to break people down, to make them hit rock bottom, so that you can build them back up stronger.[/quote]

Then you will get an undersized army and have to bring back the draft, then see this country turn on its own military.

I mean we are in a day and age where we are moving towards unmanned drones, how really physcially fit and emotional tough do you have to be to pilot a predator drone?

I am not saying the move is right or wrong, but just looking at the facts it is in there best interest to change it around.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

BCT should be up there for one of the hardest things you’ve ever done. You need to break people down, to make them hit rock bottom, so that you can build them back up stronger.[/quote]

Then you will get an undersized army and have to bring back the draft, then see this country turn on its own military.

I mean we are in a day and age where we are moving towards unmanned drones, how really physcially fit and emotional tough do you have to be to pilot a predator drone?

I am not saying the move is right or wrong, but just looking at the facts it is in there best interest to change it around.[/quote]

I think we need a small force with many capabilities , we also need a small physical force trained in the art of killing we do not need a zillion soldiers , we need to pay them better where soldiering could be a career where the best medical and retirement would be up guarenteed with no disabilities paid.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

I am not saying the move is right or wrong, but just looking at the facts it is in there best interest to change it around.[/quote]

I think we need a small force with many capabilities , we also need a small physical force trained in the art of killing we do not need a zillion soldiers , we need to pay them better where soldiering could be a career where the best medical and retirement would be up guarenteed with no disabilities paid.[/quote]

I agree with the benefits/pay part of you post, and think they need to re-structure pay and benefits. There’s no reason a cook should receive the same pay and benefits as say, an infantryman.

However, we can’t limit ourselves to a small force. If we do this, and then all of a sudden we need a large force, we’re screwed. Always prepare for the worst. In our case, the worst would probably be a Nuclear attack which we have covered (to a point). Right up there would also be a war with China. We can’t have a 200,000 man force and fight a war with China.

If they already get paid differently, please correct me if I’m wrong.

interesting thread here, fellows! I think perhaps we are taking too pessimistic a view of the situation. Think about you and your friends. How many are in decent shape, great shape? How many have some type of fight training? how many can use a weapon? How many can hold their ground in a bar fight? How many hunt or spend any time in mock combat (paintball, airsoft)? In general, we are in better shape than we realize as a nation of warriors - in addition - I pity any fool who tries to bring hurt to Americans living in ATL or LA or NYC - the local boys will eat them alive - no wonder they sneak in all “peaceful” like - we scare the piss out of them!

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

I think we need a small force with many capabilities , we also need a small physical force trained in the art of killing we do not need a zillion soldiers , we need to pay them better where soldiering could be a career where the best medical and retirement would be up guarenteed with no disabilities paid.[/quote]

I agree with the benefits/pay part of you post, and think they need to re-structure pay and benefits. There’s no reason a cook should receive the same pay and benefits as say, an infantryman.

However, we can’t limit ourselves to a small force. If we do this, and then all of a sudden we need a large force, we’re screwed. Always prepare for the worst. In our case, the worst would probably be a Nuclear attack which we have covered (to a point). Right up there would also be a war with China. We can’t have a 200,000 man force and fight a war with China.

If they already get paid differently, please correct me if I’m wrong.[/quote]

You should read the Constitution, Congress is not to have a standing army in peace time. Who has declared war against us?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

You should read the Constitution, Congress is not to have a standing army in peace time. Who has declared war against us?[/quote]

See, this is a tough one. Warfare has certainly changed in the past 230 years. It’s no longer a “stand in a straight line and shoot” concept. You need constant training, and you can’t get that with reserves or militias. I always go along with whatever the constitution says, but I cannot in this regard. Can we reduce the size of our military? Probably. Can we eliminate our “standing army” altogether? Certainly not.

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

We could use or reserves the way they were intended, make it mandatory 2 times a year for a couple days trainning , We have no way to beat China any how unless we bomb their soldiers as the deport in China , surely we would not attack them tere

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

You should read the Constitution, Congress is not to have a standing army in peace time. Who has declared war against us?[/quote]

I agree with scuba , I do think we need to take an ax to our military though , way too HUGE , even in war time we do not need a military the size we have, we need to be alot leaner .

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

What kind of world was the Constitution written for?

I thought this was funny in a sad kind of way. It doesn’t surprise me in the least though.

The only way to change how fat these kids are would be to start banning the worst of the worst foods, because a cultural change in this video game/computer culture is nearly impossible at this point, and you’re not going to be able to make people workout who don’t like to do it.

I have enough faith in the harshness of the military that if the situation arose where another draft was needed, they could get the fat fucks in shape in four months between cutting their diets and working them like dogs… if Ricky Hatton can do it, so can they.

[quote]Scuba19 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I can’t speak to the Army side, but USMC DIs are still no recruit’s friend. We still have some true artists in the field of pain, misery, and discontent, and they do it while following the insane rulebook they’ve been shackled with. Great guys, and the hardest non-combat billet in the Corps. I don’t think I could have done it, I’m not patient enough.