MIlitarization of society

Just one question:

The US FISH AND WILDLIFE ADMINISTRATION has commando type units?

Dont know what happened, there ya go:

C’mon, you gotta bend over, if you’ve got nothing to hide, you probably won’t die.

Just bend over.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
C’mon, you gotta bend over, if you’ve got nothing to hide, you probably won’t die.

Just bend over.[/quote]

I could not imagine what would happen if the “Bundesforstverwaltung” knocked down some guys door with a SWAT team just because someone was fishing illegaly or picking too much mushrooms.

Apparently I do not understand freedom at all, because here in the land of the cowardly and unfree, you get a fucking ticket.

In the mail.

I think they changed the video , this one is about sex offenders

Yes, it’s crazy with what they can get away in the US.

All that talk about “tree of freedom” etc, and the only thing most americans can imagine is
a) stockpiling rifles and talkin/dreaming about day “x”
b) shootin random, uninvolved guys - through joining the armed forces or going postal
c) going batshit crazy and doing b) then a), then joining some rightwinger loony militia

Tocqueville was SOOO right, they know no middle ground when it comes to violence.
That’s why there are no hooligans present.

Yes, I know why I like my society not too armed and not too polite.

If I loitered around German or Austrian websites bitching about “unfair” German or Austrian laws that don’t affect me because I don’t live (and don’t even plan to live) in either country, I’d strongly consider punching myself in the face and then getting a life.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
If I loitered around German or Austrian websites bitching about “unfair” German or Austrian laws that don’t affect me because I don’t live (and don’t even plan to live) in either country, I’d strongly consider punching myself in the face and then getting a life.[/quote]

Yeah well, if I lived in a country where they hunt you down and jail you if you send someone a flower by mail I guess I would have other priorities too.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I think they changed the video , this one is about sex offenders [/quote]

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

If I loitered around German or Austrian websites bitching about “unfair” German or Austrian laws that don’t affect me because I don’t live (and don’t even plan to live) in either country, I’d strongly consider punching myself in the face and then getting a life.[/quote]

Yeah well, if I lived in a country where they hunt you down and jail you if you send someone a flower by mail I guess I would have other priorities too.

[/quote]

Yeah, well, I guess if I lived in a country (and I use that term very loosely) that was wholly insignificant and irrelevant I might spend my time doing what you do here, too.

So, you are forgiven out of pity.[/quote]

Yeah well, if I had not achieved anything to be proud of my whole life I guess my whole source of self esteem would be a geographical coincidence too.

Whether I would advertise it the way you do is another question.

I’ve heard this argument so often on this board but since it should be obvious as to “why” I therefore dismissed it as a crude joke.
Guess I was wrong:

1. I consider the US a very dear friend. That’s why I care.
  2. and even more important:

The US is the vanguard of all things neocultural, political & socioeconomical in the western world.

So I should care even more.

If you should ever reconsider…

[quote]orion wrote:

Yeah well, if I lived in a country where they hunt you down and jail you if you send someone a flower by mail I guess I would have other priorities too.[/quote]

…says the man from a country that will send you to prison for the crime of Holocaust denial.

Well done, yet again, Orion.

hmmm.

In one country you can get ambushed and abducted by masked men with guns - for not filling out trivial paperwork.

In the other you have deny one of the greatest crimes of the 20th century, (where evidence is rock-hard) again and again, for years, and do it publically in a convincing fashion. Then they will arrest you in a polite fashion. You might not even go to jail for this.

So where would you rather live in if that’s all you know?

Thought so.

Of course, these two factors alone don’t say much, but since you, TB, played the nazi card, like so often, I couldn’t resist.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

So where would you rather live in if that’s all you know?[/quote]

Uh, the US, which is the “vanguard of all things neocultural, political & socioeconomical in the western world.” That was an easy one.

No, the point was here we have an Austrian whining about a (selective) curtailment of liberties as an indictment of the US, when, in fact, Austria criminalizes something as basic as certain political speech.

I.e., don’t throw stones when you live in a glass house.

There is no “Nazi card” being played - learn to argue better or find another hobby.