Mild Cutting Cycle, Need Info

Not sure how accurate the caliper is, I did it 3x and took an average. Here, I just took this photo, no pump and bathroom lighting. 225lb kinda fat kinda fit.

I might as well go that route and cut on my TRT and once I reach my goal weight, maybe incorporate those compounds at that time for an added effect. I just thought it might make the cut easier and help with fat loss…I guess TRT dose should be plenty.

I do plan on experimenting with a bulk cycle later this year, so I’ll take your advice and save the anabolic to put on size.

Thanks

I think you are fairly close with your estimate of 20%. Better than most people in your estimate I would say.

You might lose some muscle on the TRT cut, but when you do your bulking cycle, I think the end result will be better.

Yes. How would I diet otherwise? You accept that fact that you’re going to lose some strength temporarily. It comes back in the first 4 weeks of bulking.

What fire? If you lose 10 pounds of fat and 1 of muscle as is maybe the case in a diet, is that bad? You wouldn’t take that?

10% because it is relatively easy to reach and it looks great. 11 also good. 10-11 % are the 80-20 rule. You do 20% of the work and get 80% of the possible results when you go from 15 to 10%. If you want to get to 8% you gotta do 80% of the work to get down a bit further. The point is, 10% is doable and is looking great and a perfect starting point for the next bulk. The combination makes it a good number. I agree that numbers are just numbers but it’s good to have some general guidelines.

AAS cycles completely change the game when it comes to dieting. There won’t be nearly any muscle loss even in harsh deficits and strength increases can easily be made as the CNS is ready and going. That’s not comparable to natural dieting or even dieting on TRT.

Optimal definition for stage is sub 10% (today it’s way less) so if you felt good before at a higher BF you were probably around 10-15%? Which is the range I’m targeting. During bulk and cut 10-16%.

No, I think there’s other reasons that aren’t these.

1. You want to look good (most people who train do) so dieting is necessary as is eating more when gaining muscle. As muscle alone doesn’t look good of its hidden under fat. Lean muscle is good.

2. You want to shed the fat so you are more insulin sensitive for the next bulk and partition the bulking nutrients better.

3. You want to perform better in most sports (not PL). Then you got to eat to gain and then get lean again, so a diet will be necessary (say basketball, football, track and field,…). Often lean bulking is employed to minimize fat gain in the first place.

I don’t know if I got you wrong or if I’m just a grumpy cunt right now or something else, because I’d think a former bodybuilder knows the importance of some leanness.

I felt that I looked “lean” (distinct major muscle separation) at my off-season training weight of 240lbs. But general gym lean is quite a ways from stage ready.

I suppose my concern is it seems everyone today is looking for a short cut. We used to kid about “better living through chemistry”, but today guys have taken that to a new level.

Another aspect, but not an accusation to any poster here, is that I believe many want to look ripped at the beach at any cost, even the muscle they worked so hard to get: social media pressure.

Yes I agree. General leanness is in the 13-15 percent range usually. Gym leanness I’d say is 10-12%. Stage leannes in the 3-6%.

Ah I got you. Now I get your point above. I also read your first post, you even said nearly the same thing I wrote a book about. Knew something wasn’t right here. Thanks for clarifying!

I think the looking ripped in summer is often also a justification for the hard work we put in every week. I for my part am most concerned with strength but I like to get lean for two reasons. First is to show myself that I can at any time and that’s why it’s not bad to be a bit chubby in winter. Second is to have something to show for when you are out there with your friends and with chicks. It’s bad I think when you’re talking the talk all year (only if somebody asks) how you eat and train and how much you lift and then summer comes and you look like you are just going on a jog once a week or you’re just eating a lot and work in construction. It’s nice to have something to show for if you bust your balls all year. Disclaimer: I don’t have any social media besides whatsapp and this haha.

Personally I would run 400-500 test only to cut. The test will help maintain muscle mass while in a calorie deficit I would not add mast until towards the end after substantial fat loss has happened. Mast will not aid in fat loss , it will give a lean body a much harder cut look. That look however will not last long once off so I question the use of mast at all unless dialing into a show. I am 53 on trt at 120 test per week. Currently on a cut diet. Using 720 mg of test. Restricted diet. A lot of cardio and high volume weight lifting with lighter weight. I am giving myself 4 months to get down to 10%. I have competed way back in my 30’s. I feel that 10% bf is a good place to be. Competition requires 7% and lower.

The plan is to get down to 15% bf in the next 10 weeks and then experiment with raising test from 120mg to 200mg. Is it really necessary to run 400-500mg during a deficit to maintain. I imagine if your deficit isn’t extreme and you’re steadily losing 1lb per week, a TRT dose that keeps yours levels between 1000-1200 TT would be sufficient to maintain the majority of your muscle. I ask because I’ve never used more than 200mg and that put me at TT 1700.

I’m looking for a mild cycle and the purpose of the mast is to give me that harder/cut look for an upcoming vacation/summer time. It’s my first “cycle” so I don’t know what to expect.

My thought was get down to 15% just on TRT 120mg, increase my TRT to 200mg test and add 600mg mast for 12 weeks. During that time my goal is to get down to 10-12% and evaluate how I look/feel.

this might sound like a stupid question but does 600mg of Mast significantly increase your total/free testosterone? I keep reading that it’s a “weak” anabolic and generally doesn’t help keep size during a cut, and I don’t know how true that is.

I’m obviously new to these compounds, so any inputs and advice is greatly appreciated.

Won’t increase ft/tt as the drug is a synthetic derivative of dihydrotestosterone.

Masteron isn’t “weak”, in terms of CNS stimulation elicited it’s fairly potent and on a mg/mg basis it’ll give you a more aesthetic, grainy look in comparison to testosterone provided you are relatively lean to begin with. In terms of the amount of contractile tissue the drug builds it IS weaker than testosterone on a mg/mg basis. Primo, EQ, nandrolone etc… All stronger than drostanolone in terms of anabolic potential (mg/mg basis). The drug is also a fairly potent androgen.

600mg mast isn’t mild, that’s a hefty dose. 150mg test, 300mg mast etc would constitute as a mild cycle.

2 Likes

The effect is has on libido tends to be what many are after. Though mast tends to be pretty harsh on lipids.

1 Like

Thank you for that information. I was under the impression based on other posts and cycle searches that 400-600 was a common dose. In that case I will have to reconsider the dose and definitely reduce it since I do want to stay on the milder side of things.

Is Masteron safe to cycle past 12 weeks at a lower dose such as 300mg? Let’s say 16-18 weeks? I’ve come across other saying they use it with their TRT indefinitely, but obviously at lower doses.

Everyone is different. I can only give you my knowledge of what has worked for me. I have been on trt for years. My first body recomp was using 400 mg of test. Serious diet and cardio with weight lifting worked. Since then I have had to increase the test to get similar results. Hence the 400-600 range. I am currently using 720. Mast will work great it only at the end of the cycle like 4-6 weeks and you should only need 200-300 per week

I’m not an expert on actual cyclic templates, nor do I feel comfortable giving out cycle advice aside from “harm reduction” techniques.