T Nation

Mikhail Koklyaev Video

Photos are in my log - www.muscletalk.co.uk/fb.asp?m=1295900

What a bloke! VERY impressive.

I was like “is this a joke?” but then realized the lifts must be in kg. Yes, very impressive!

That felt…weird. It felt like a memorial video as if Koklyaev died and left this legacy. Awesome lifts though. Those are some competitive lifts, especially if you consider that they’re raw.

On a side note, anyone know the song?

EDIT: nm, I found out. Embrace certainly beats D12 and Eminem.

yeah he’s very strong, second to savikas in ifsa standings last year. they showed some of the finals from last year yesterday on oln, he did the wheels overhead for a joke. amazing. was only 1 rep behind savikas in the louis cyr deadlift (10-9).

STRONG AS HELLL, i liked that video a lot. I just find it weird how he doesnt have a very impressive physique…but who cares if he’s that damn strong lol.

[quote]pomobabble wrote:
That felt…weird. It felt like a memorial video as if Koklyaev died and left this legacy. Awesome lifts though. Those are some competitive lifts, especially if you consider that they’re raw.

On a side note, anyone know the song?

EDIT: nm, I found out. Embrace certainly beats D12 and Eminem.[/quote]

Yeah, the music wasn’t right for this. I was expecting a RIP at the end.

Definately one of the strongest all around men in the world right now. These are his numbers in OL http://www.chidlovski.net/liftup/a_top_lists.asp

Search out his name, he’s on all 3 lists. He recently competed at the world cup HG in aviemore and im pretty sure he won. He set a world record in the weight for height (not sure if it was 56 or 28lb), and he made an insane axle clean and press of i believe 220kg.

there was a thread on this like 2 days ago

great video though

While it’s always cool to watch a 500+ lb. clean and jerk, I didn’t need to see a muscle snatch equal to my best power clean. Now I feel like a pussy and a half.

Haha this was in the related vids section … quite a difference

I think its Prof X from a few years ago!

Note how the vid is actually looped a few times and he only does 2-3 reps …

Bump for such an epic video and athlete. I would be really interested to know in how he trains/excels at both Olympic lifting and Strongman.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Bump for such an epic video and athlete. I would be really interested to know in how he trains/excels at both Olympic lifting and Strongman.[/quote]

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2009/Nov/Mikhail_Koklyaev_New_Details_Emerging_in_Fatal_Traffic_Accident.html

I think hes going to jail.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Bump for such an epic video and athlete. I would be really interested to know in how he trains/excels at both Olympic lifting and Strongman.[/quote]

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2009/Nov/Mikhail_Koklyaev_New_Details_Emerging_in_Fatal_Traffic_Accident.html

I think hes going to jail. [/quote]
Yeah I read about that but didn’t mention it. I’m still a huge fan of how well rounded he is in Strongman, Oly lifting, and powerlifting.

He’ll be fine, he was driving a Toyota. You know those things don’t stop so it wasn’t his fault.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I think hes going to jail. [/quote]

idk whats going to become of that

He didn’t post any videos for roughly 3 months after the accident and just recently last week uploaded a bunch. Legal proceedings maybe?

[quote]Therizza wrote:
He’ll be fine, he was driving a Toyota. You know those things don’t stop so it wasn’t his fault.[/quote]
:inserts laughing emoticon here:

he had an injury

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Therizza wrote:
He’ll be fine, he was driving a Toyota. You know those things don’t stop so it wasn’t his fault.[/quote]
:inserts laughing emoticon here:[/quote]

Someone gets my joke! I am vindicated.

I’m pretty sure ironmind blew things out of proportion as far as Koklyaev’s role in the accident goes. AFAIK the little that was told from his side at the time seemed to contradict much of what ironmind put out.

You can also see he dedicates his videos to the guy that died (jerks for soul, deadlifts after “trauma”). I’m willing to bet he’s been cleared and now getting back to normal life. I’m glad for that because it would have been unfortunate for strength sports to lose this guy, he’s great with fans on top of being an awesome athlete.