T Nation

Mike Tyson vs. Royce Gracie

Both men in their primes; standard UFC rules apply.

LETS GET IT ON!

So no biting?

In that case, Royce by armbar or triangle.

Gracie never faced anyone close to Tyson in his prime. Tyson with those little gloves is a scary thought.

I’d depend on Tyson to win my money in that fight if I were to bet on it.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Gracie never faced anyone close to Tyson in his prime. Tyson with those little gloves is a scary thought.[/quote]

Especially in the early UFC days, Gracie’s “prime”. Remember how Kimo, at built guy with athletic ability, no stand up, and no ground game gave Gracie more trouble than he should have?

Now take a dangerous striker who is world class athlete with plenty of power and stamina (remember we’re talking prime Tyson) and I think Hoyce would get creamed.

Gracie never faced anyone close to Tyson in his prime. Tyson with those little gloves is a scary thought.[/quote]

I agree.People have no idea how hard a world class heavyweight hits,never mind an animal like Tyson was at his best.

It’s one thing to watch it on tv,quite another to see it live,especially in training when they work the heavy bag.I was really taken aback the first time I saw it.

In his day, Tyson was all about the kill. Something that lacks in some fighters. Some fighters want to “win”. Tyson wanted to destroy you.

I love Gracie, but I think Tyson prime would be one tough fucker to get to the ground, and you can’t stifle all those punches at once. I could be wrong.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I love Gracie, but I think Tyson prime would be one tough fucker to get to the ground[/quote]

He wouldn’t be a tough motherfucker to get down for anyone with some good wrestling experience, of which Royce had little. That said, I have no idea who would win, and don’t really care at all. It would basically be Royce to grab and drag him down, if he suceeded Mike would pass out or get his arm broke, if not Royce would get his face knocked off. A big decent wrestler in the tournament like Severn would have grapple fucked Tyson to an easy win.

holy shit tyson is a pussy

Who knows? I will say that imo, if you put Royce in his prime in the MMA mix today, I think he would get goat fucked.

Tyson’s strength would overwhelm Gracie

lol Tyson would break that scrowny fuck’s face in one hit. no brazilian jujitsu is going to matter when as soon as you get close enough for a take down attempt you get smashed in the face by one of, if not the, hardest hitters ever.

Yeah too much power and strength for gracie to handle, a punch by tyson in prime could probably kill most people.

Think of what Tyson could have done in his prime without boxing gloves.

broken a lot of knuckles?

Goddamnit this place is retarded.

Exactly, plus Royce would be outweighed by something like 50 lbs.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Goddamnit this place is retarded.[/quote]

agreed

Tyson by death. Or soul eating. The only chance Royce would have is to be able to slip the first couple blows and get him on the ground. If one touched him, I see black suits and mahogany boxes in Royce’s “future”.