T Nation

Mike Tyson Interview

Was the era between Larry Holms and Evander Holyfield really that week or did Mike Tyson just make it look week by wrecking everyone? It’s hard to say but just maybe if Mike hadn’t come along, someone like Tommy Tucker might be recognized as an all time great.

Regarding the tomato can thing, it seems to me Mike fought some really bad-ass looking mofos. The heavyweight champion who fought the most tomato cans was Ali. Go back and look at some of Ali’s fights. He fought guys who were just an embarrassment. I would even go as far as to say Ali just wanted to make whitey look bad.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Was the era between Larry Holms and Evander Holyfield really that week or did Mike Tyson just make it look week by wrecking everyone? It’s hard to say but just maybe if Mike hadn’t come along, someone like Tommy Tucker might be recognized as an all time great.

Regarding the tomato can thing, it seems to me Mike fought some really bad-ass looking mofos. The heavyweight champion who fought the most tomato cans was Ali. Go back and look at some of Ali’s fights. He fought guys who were just an embarrassment. I would even go as far as to say Ali just wanted to make whitey look bad.[/quote]

He did, but Ali was insane. I truly think he would have fought a Bear if asked. He ducked no one is an understatement. He went to japan and tried to box a guy who kicked his legs all night Ali said his legs bruised for weeks.

Tyson is not in my top 5 heavyweights but in boxing history he is in my top 15. And in his prime 85-89 he was better than heavyweight of that time. Unlike most boxers It was not time or a better boxer that took him Down. Tyson beat Tyson.

people saying tyson was overrated/ no good know leas than nothing about boxing and do not even deserve an explanation of why their ignorance is completely without merit.

tyson who turned up against spinks would beat anyone in history. fact.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
people saying tyson was overrated/ no good know leas than nothing about boxing and do not even deserve an explanation of why their ignorance is completely without merit.

tyson who turned up against spinks would beat anyone in history. fact. [/quote]

He wouldn’t have beat George Foreman.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
people saying tyson was overrated/ no good know leas than nothing about boxing and do not even deserve an explanation of why their ignorance is completely without merit.

tyson who turned up against spinks would beat anyone in history. fact. [/quote]

I like Tyson but I can’t say that based on a fight that lasted seconds.

Joe Lewis, Jack Johnson, Joe Fraizer and a young Ali may all question that statement also.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]GCF wrote:
He is a rapist

[/quote]

Widely disputed.

If you actually stopped to examine the case there were a lot of issues with Tyson’s trial.

Wouldn’t be the first person to be wrongly convicted.[/quote]

OK. Maybe. I have looked at the case and on balance I would say he is a rapist. However, you may not think that, no problem.

He is however, undisputable fact (from Tyson himself) a wife beater. He has a history of violence against women even leaving the rape to the side.

He is scum. He is a cheat. He is a wife beater. He is a rapist. He is a bully. But perhaps worst of all - he is a vegan.

Fuck Tyson.

[quote]GCF wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]GCF wrote:
He is a rapist

[/quote]

Widely disputed.

If you actually stopped to examine the case there were a lot of issues with Tyson’s trial.

Wouldn’t be the first person to be wrongly convicted.[/quote]

OK. Maybe. I have looked at the case and on balance I would say he is a rapist. However, you may not think that, no problem.

He is however, undisputable fact (from Tyson himself) a wife beater. He has a history of violence against women even leaving the rape to the side.

He is scum. He is a cheat. He is a wife beater. He is a rapist. He is a bully. But perhaps worst of all - he is a vegan.

Fuck Tyson.
[/quote]

At least it tastes better then the ears of adversaries