Mike Tyson Interview

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/52567/b-s-report-mike-tyson

I enjoyed this. Tyson is still one of the most interesting and honest guys in sports. If you asked me who I have more respect for between Lance Armstrong and Tyson, I would say Tyson. He did some fucked up shit but atleast he owns it. Can’t call him a fraud…

Tyson is a strange guy but he has really turned his life around. Gotta give him that… Plus he came as close to punching people’s heads off as humanly possible lol.

He punched that promoter of his.

Guy should be a Legend for that alone.

It’s hard to imagine anyone who was better than Tyson when he had his shit together.

“Young Mike Tyson’s furious path from his first professional fight to unbelievable WBC title match against Trevor Berbick.”

Skip to 1:20

My 11 year old son has a Bearded Dragon named Spike. Last night he told me what a great fighter Spike is so he’s changing his name to Spike Tyson. I have no idea how my son knows anything about Mike Tyson. Popular culture osmosis I guess. Goes to show you that Mike is still relevant.

I’ve always loved that Mike Tyson defense video. Just amazing.

I have more respect for Tyson than Holyfield. Doesn’t Holyfield have 12 illegitimate kids?

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/52567/b-s-report-mike-tyson

I enjoyed this. Tyson is still one of the most interesting and honest guys in sports. If you asked me who I have more respect for between Lance Armstrong and Tyson, I would say Tyson. He did some fucked up shit but atleast he owns it. Can’t call him a fraud…[/quote]

At around 22:00, Mike and Jalen are joking around and the white guy has literally no idea whats going on LMAO.

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

I enjoyed this. Tyson is still one of the most interesting and honest guys in sports. If you asked me who I have more respect for between Lance Armstrong and Tyson, I would say Tyson. He did some fucked up shit but atleast he owns it. Can’t call him a fraud…[/quote]

At around 22:00, Mike and Jalen are joking around and the white guy has literally no idea whats going on LMAO. [/quote]

LOL neither did I but seeing Mike slam the table with his hand down on the table a few times in laughter and spill the water all over the place had me laughing pretty hard. He is stil a brute lol.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

He owns it? Bullshit. He is a rapist and a cheat and continually blames his victim for the events. He is a sick fuck.

Armstrong and Tyson are both cunts.

Tyson and Armstrong should mate and create a brutal one bollocked unicycle riding woman bothering machine.

That interview was cool. He had an interesting career for sure.

[quote]GCF wrote:
He is a rapist

[/quote]

Widely disputed.

If you actually stopped to examine the case there were a lot of issues with Tyson’s trial.

Wouldn’t be the first person to be wrongly convicted.

He had some shares of hardship for sure, really insightful person too… I don’t always believe verdicts to me as to whether he is accused or guilty is still really up in the air… We don’t know for sure…

Didn’t his daughter pass away a couple years back? that must have been a pretty devastating thing to go through…

Great fighter no doubt, kind of mexican style bob and weaves, great knock out power haha

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]GCF wrote:
He is a rapist

[/quote]

Widely disputed.

If you actually stopped to examine the case there were a lot of issues with Tyson’s trial.

Wouldn’t be the first person to be wrongly convicted.[/quote]

x2

he was innocent

Two observations:

Men change with age. Real assholes get mellow.
Now many guys confuse this with insight or wisdom. In most cases, a hothead simply cooled off and now has to pay rent and watch his kids.
Deep down, he probably is still an asshole without insight.

Also, about the rape:
If you’re a groupie and you’re with your idol in his hotel suite, there probably is no good way to distinguish rape.
Think of it as a wild SM date where things get too painful but you’ve forgotten what kind of “mayday!” you’re supposed to say.

Awesome interview. Iron Mike tells it like it is. He keeps it REAL and RAW.

Good to see one of my favourite boxers finally exorcising his demons. Go champ!!!

Hell fucking yeah.

[quote]Anonymity wrote:
It’s hard to imagine anyone who was better than Tyson when he had his shit together.
[/quote]

I’m not a huge boxing guy, and I can totally appreciate Tyson’s highlight reel, but isn’t this pretty false?

I’m under the impression that most of the guys Tyson knocked out were nobodys. Even looking at his highlight reel there is a startling number of out of shape fat guys who don’t even look like they belong in a ring. He lost to most of the guys who actually knew how to box, didn’t he?

I always thought Tyson was considered very entertaining and very powerful, but kind of a sign of what a weak time in boxing that era was.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:
[/quote]

I’m not a huge boxing guy, and I can totally appreciate Tyson’s highlight reel, but isn’t this pretty false?

I’m under the impression that most of the guys Tyson knocked out were nobodys. Even looking at his highlight reel there is a startling number of out of shape fat guys who don’t even look like they belong in a ring. He lost to most of the guys who actually knew how to box, didn’t he?

I always thought Tyson was considered very entertaining and very powerful, but kind of a sign of what a weak time in boxing that era was.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. [/quote]

That’s absolutely true.

He did fight a lot of cans on his way to his first title - it’s unavoidable.

But it’s not really false in the sense of “when he had his shit together”. A lot of fans will say Tyson was unable to handle the mental aspect of boxing, and the early fame didn’t help with his mental or physical health, especially with all the drug use.

Of course it’s always easy to make the case oh “If player X hadn’t been injured/fucked up his career”…

In any event, I think he was the most entertaining to watch - which is why I am biased.

Relating to the era point - Yes, he was trying to box after the era of ali and frazier, and george foreman to some amount.