Mike O'Hearn

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
lol, his arms look pretty big to me for a guy at 190cm .

also look at how he dwarfs rob riches, a known juicer:

The idea that person A juices, and person B is bigger than person A so therefore person B must juice also, is not always correct.

I don’t know if he is using or not, but I’ve seen some bodybuilders in nigeria,africa,with phenomenal upper bodies like his,getting legs like his without steriods is a different ball game. One thing I don’t understand is why many lifters are so concerned that the other person is using,if you need more development just use,but be sure to balance the risk to benefit ratio.

[quote]stevekweli wrote:
I don’t know if he is using or not, but I’ve seen some bodybuilders in nigeria,africa,with phenomenal upper bodies like his,getting legs like his without steriods is a different ball game. One thing I don’t understand is why many lifters are so concerned that the other person is using,if you need more development just use,but be sure to balance the risk to benefit ratio.[/quote]

Not discreditting those African bodybuilders, but I don’t think you realize just how big O’Hearn is. He’s just a rung below guys like Coleman, Yates, etc… In the recent Steve Cook vid that’s been referenced Cook said he’s the biggest dude he’s ever been around. That’s coming from a guy who’s in the IFBB. Yes, in physique, but it’s not a stretch to imagine he’s bumped into a couple of bb’ers here and there.

Fucking kidding me that anybody thinks he is natty. And quoting yourself is just…

[quote]optheta wrote:
And quoting yourself is just…
[/quote]

Silly? Exactly! - Stu Yellin, 2X Pro Natural Bodybuilder

S

Nicolas Fucking CAGE!!!

what are his actual bests in powerlifting competitions? he seemed like a cool guy on the supertraining podcasts, but the natty drama is overblown

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
I call bullshit on all these guys as well, the problem I have with Mike Ohearn in this regard is when you look at his career as a whole it almost becomes plausable that he’s natural. he was winning teen Pling, and BBing shows 20+ years ago, tested events. He won the Natural Mr Universe I think 3 Xs in his 20s, looking almost how he looks now. He grew up in a PLing gym, his parents and brother’s trained at, and so at a young age he started PLing. he was winning tested events into his late 20s. His parents are both professional athlete’s.

I don’t know one way or the other, but when you look at his career as a whole, and his parents, and genetic’s, if there’s one guy out there that could get to this level whithout steroids he might be the guy. His build as well is strange in that he dosen’t carry the kind of size in his shoulder’s and arms, as most juiced up BBer’s do, and he dosen’t have a gut. Another thing is how long he’s been around 20+ years, guys that do steroids seem to come and go, not keep the same build for 20+ years, he’s had the same build for pretty much 20 years, without improving much.

I don’t know what I believe with this guy, he also has the respect of alot of other lifter’s, from Mark Bell to Layne Norton These guys are from different spectrums, and they both brag the guy up. I’ve been around this game along time, and I understand how it works, but on this one guy I can’t be sure one way or the other, with the right genetic’s, and 20yrs of injury free training, this would for sure be on the outer limits of whats possible. That’s my 2cents[/quote]

You saved me typing this. I have to say that these are my thoughts exactly.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
what are his actual bests in powerlifting competitions? he seemed like a cool guy on the supertraining podcasts, but the natty drama is overblown[/quote]

Some random site I found, guess I will assume this is true for now

505-pound bench press, a 760 squat and a 733 deadlift at a bodyweight of 242

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I don’t think you realize just how big O’Hearn is. He’s just a rung below guys like Coleman, Yates, etc…[/quote]

He’s been in a couple of cheap movies and I saw him on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

It’s too bad the 80s are over because he could have been really popular.

But indeed it’s silly to even discuss for more than 2 seconds as to whether he takes drugs to look like that.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I’ll leave this here…

Does this guy have nothing better to do than hate on people all day?[/quote]

The world needs muckrakers - even those with uneven biceps development.

You can choose to see this guy as a hater. I choose to see him as someone calling out hypocrisy. Granted, he lacks the eloquence of an Upton Sinclair but his message shouldn’t be dismissed.

As for why anyone should care about this debate, I’m all for information which could save me from wasting my money (be it supplements, electronics, etc.).

Not too long ago, I was screening a potential client who was sick of getting hurt from all the bro-advice he scraped off online or at the gym. I eventually asked him to find someone else (mainly because I suspected him of being argumentative and non-compliant) but in the course of our hour-long talk, I learned some interesting things.

Now, keep in mind that he’s a sophomore at USC (a pricey college in So Cal) living in an apartment complex that resembles a high-end hotel. His parents are picking up the tab so disposable income is something he’s not short on. He showed me the list of supplements he was taking and I estimated the bill to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 per month.

(For those who want to quibble that $500 per month, depending on the person and situation, isn’t really that obscene, keep in mind that this young fellow needed instruction on intelligent eating and training as a foundation.)

Anyway, he justified his purchasing of said supplements with the various ads he’s seen in the mags and online.

He was quite intelligent and well-read. Yet he still fell victim to the marketing. Moreover, there are many others who must watch their budget. They too are quite intelligent yet can fall victim to the marketing just like the USC student did. They especially should hear both sides of the argument and then decide how to spend their money.

I get that many of the stars in the fitness industry must equivocate on the topic of chemical enhancement. Look what happened to that one fitness model (name of Christian something or other) AFTER he came clean on Bigger, Stronger, Faster; his sponsor dropped him. It’s one thing for Jay to admit it. Heaven forbid if a fitness model, the likes of which the supplement companies use as a poster boy or girl for the ‘You too can look like this IF you buy lots and lots of our product’ nonsense speaks the truth.

What’s laughable about O’Hearn is that he’s taken on this holier-than-thou stance.

If your chosen sport/profession requires chemical assistance to level the playing field then so be it. If asked, say so. If not asked, leave it alone. Those in the know realize that it also takes the right genetics, tremendous work, and discipline to reach a certain level. To these folks I tip my hat.

Don’t claim natty status when you’re using. That’s just hypocrisy.

And anyone, such as O’Hearn, who want to throw gasoline on the fire deserve public ridicule.

There’s one way for him to stick it to his enemies. Between now and December of 2014, get tested on a regular basis at a valid lab. Post the lab results online. Take monthly photos and videos (shouldn’t be hard for someone who craves as much attention as he does) that show how he looks and the type of numbers he’s putting up at the gym.

If what O’Hearn and his sponsors claim have any validity, we should not see a noticeable drop in his appearance and performance in twelve months. If they’re taking convenient liberties with the truth, after about a year, we’ll see an O’Hearn that: 1) still looks pretty damn good but does not put up as impressive numbers, or; 2) still puts up pretty impressive numbers but doesn’t look as good.

As for those who want to blindly believe in the guy, I’m sure you can pick up some LiveStrong wrist bands on (fl)eBay for cheap.

(edited for grammar)

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I’ll leave this here…

This guy usually comes across as odd to me, but I actually liked this video.

Damn Brick, looking stacked! Keeping it lean too, nice work man

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Damn Brick, looking stacked! Keeping it lean too, nice work man[/quote]

Yeah man, latest avatar pic looks dense! I know you’ve gone back and forth over the years with different hardcore/general fitness looks, but if you’re getting back into being a Brick-shithouse, I’m all for it.

S

Thanks people!

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Damn Brick, looking good in the new avatar!

Edit: guess I wasn’t the only one to notice :slight_smile:

I think there was a poster here, buffd_Samurai maybe? He said he use to workout around O’Hearn, like to the point they would recognize each other. And I think he said it’s laughable to say O’Hearn is natty.

That being said, O’Hearn has been pretty damn successful as far as physique goals are concerned, making a living out of it. He’s tall, huge, lean, aesthetic, and extremely strong to go along with it. So I give the man a lot of respect, I just wish he maybe would have pled the fifth more often about the drugs. Than again, he’s such a high profile celeb in terms of the fitness community, it’s not as easy for him to dodge those questions, so it was inevitable.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I’ll leave this here…

This guy usually comes across as odd to me, but I actually liked this video. [/quote]
Does this guy even have 14 inch biceps?