Mike Morris on Milos Sarcev's

I thought this short clip was kinda cool considering how I’ve watched so many arguments online about how much of an impact various PEDs truly play in developing a champion caliber physique.

Now I’m never going to disparage the hard work that both assisted and non-assisted athletes must put into their training, but I also certainly have watched guys I’m friends with and who I’ve competed against in the past (in tested shows), who are already damn impressive looking, suddenly take a year off only to show up in contest condition a solid 20 lbs heavier albeit at a non-tested event. So obviously I do have some of my own opinions on the matter. (You can agree or disagree, no skin off my back)

Anyway, Mike Morris, IFBB pro, has a few videos on youtube detailing stories and behind the scenes anecdotes from his years competing. Most people who have followed the sport from the 90’s on have heard Milos Sarcev referred to as ‘the mind’ for his interest, knowledge, and willingness to experiment with variables outside of the basic training conducted in the gym. As such, I found this little story interesting to say the least.

S

Surely there has to be some exaggeration in there. Maybe “regular guy” to Mike has a different meaning than what I would think of.

“Looking like he was not woking out to an IFBB pro.” Hugest pile of shit I have ever heard.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Surely there has to be some exaggeration in there. Maybe “regular guy” to Mike has a different meaning than what I would think of.[/quote]

Yeah I have to agree with this.

Livink da life: level headed friends, sobriety, job stability, steady pay, health insurance, IRA, 401K, long term relationship…

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Surely there has to be some exaggeration in there. Maybe “regular guy” to Mike has a different meaning than what I would think of.[/quote]

Yeah I have to agree with this.[/quote]

Lol, Oh I have no doubt! Certainly though some will argue that the amount of enhancement that can be done via non-actual-muscle-gain has become a requirement to reach the top level of the sport.

Personally, I love hearing retired IFBB pros talk about their days competing. Some are very forthcoming, others, not so much. Sometimes you get those who will wax poetic about great times of camaraderie, other times you get angry bitter individuals who regret ever getting involved in the sport at all.

S

…like a team of NASCAR guys.

LOL

An unpumped, clothed Milos might’ve looked flat and small (although he obviously wasn’t), but once he started pumping up and took some insulin he probably looked like he blew up about 20 lbs. Mike wasn’t being literal here he was just amazed at the transformation he saw in Milos.

Milos on Flex Wheeler(9:05 onwards)…

I train regularly with an ex-BBer who is buddies with Milos I think.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Milos on Flex Wheeler(9:05 onwards)…

One of the best pieces of evidence for the whole “genetics rule” issue, no?

Yeah true, but flex never won the big one I think other things matter to such as conditioning and politics. It would be interesting to see if Phil and kai lack the myostatin inhibitor gene.