Mighty Mouse Made Mightier

Mighty Mouse has returned

Do you think they are friends?

And the big one looks out for the little one?

[quote]Sxio wrote:

And the big one looks out for the little one? [/quote]

Maybe when they had skin…

Mitchell Report

[quote]Sxio wrote:

And the big one looks out for the little one? [/quote]

They are noticeably more mellow than normal mice.

That’s why every supplement company is/was scrambling to make a myostatin block of some sort…

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Mitchell Report[/quote]

Ha! Ha! Good one.

No, these pictures were of the “Super Mice” due to an aditional IGF-1 gene added which would pump out additional IGF-1 when the other one turned off. It made the mice live longer, more active lives. Part of my report on hypertrophy dealt with this.
"
When a test group of mice where inserted with extra IGF-1, they were bigger and stronger then there counterparts. At the age of four weeks, the mice become progressively stronger in almost all of their muscles. Even later, when the mice reached the age of twenty months, which is about equivalent of senior age for humans, they show none of the normal muscle atrophy that older normal mice experience.

Even when the mice reached the age of two year old, eighty years old in human years, the mice did not experience any degeneration that the normal mice not receiving IGF-1 shots experienced. When mice received IGF-1 shots, the adult mice regenerated 27% of the muscle lost to aging, and the younger mice who received the shots gained a 15% increase in muscle. Even more interesting was that these gains were experienced without even exercising."

[quote]SeanT wrote:
No, these pictures were of the “Super Mice” due to an aditional IGF-1 gene added which would pump out additional IGF-1 when the other one turned off. It made the mice live longer, more active lives. Part of my report on hypertrophy dealt with this.
"
When a test group of mice where inserted with extra IGF-1, they were bigger and stronger then there counterparts. At the age of four weeks, the mice become progressively stronger in almost all of their muscles. Even later, when the mice reached the age of twenty months, which is about equivalent of senior age for humans, they show none of the normal muscle atrophy that older normal mice experience. Even when the mice reached the age of two year old, eighty years old in human years, the mice did not experience any degeneration that the normal mice not receiving IGF-1 shots experienced. When mice received IGF-1 shots, the adult mice regenerated 27% of the muscle lost to aging, and the younger mice who received the shots gained a 15% increase in muscle. Even more interesting was that these gains were experienced without even exercising."[/quote]

I think the big fella is a double mutant myostatin suppressed follistatin amplified. Follistatin may be the gene to watch.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
"
When a test group of mice where inserted with extra IGF-1, they were bigger and stronger then there counterparts. At the age of four weeks, the mice become progressively stronger in almost all of their muscles. Even later, when the mice reached the age of twenty months, which is about equivalent of senior age for humans, they show none of the normal muscle atrophy that older normal mice experience.

Even when the mice reached the age of two year old, eighty years old in human years, the mice did not experience any degeneration that the normal mice not receiving IGF-1 shots experienced. When mice received IGF-1 shots, the adult mice regenerated 27% of the muscle lost to aging, and the younger mice who received the shots gained a 15% increase in muscle. Even more interesting was that these gains were experienced without even exercising."[/quote]

That’s pretty exciting. How long did the IGF-1+ mice live? Also, is the full report available anywhere?

[quote]will to power wrote:
SeanT wrote:
"

Even when the mice reached the age of two year old, eighty years old in human years, the mice did not experience any degeneration that the normal mice not receiving IGF-1 shots experienced. When mice received IGF-1 shots, the adult mice regenerated 27% of the muscle lost to aging, and the younger mice who received the shots gained a 15% increase in muscle. Even more interesting was that these gains were experienced without even exercising."

That’s pretty exciting. How long did the IGF-1+ mice live? Also, is the full report available anywhere?[/quote]

I think 2 years. I’m going to go look for it, ill post it soon.

EDIT:
http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/1999/02.11/muscle.html

there is another one but I can’t seem to find it. If I do find it, all post it.

Thanks for that SeanT

[quote]will to power wrote:
Thanks for that SeanT[/quote]

Your welcome, but for all I know, Limbic could be right about it being a “double mutant myostatin suppressed follistatin amplified”. The mice just reminded me of an IGF-1 study.

Oh yeah, this is the Jacked Mice study.

Holy shit, that one on the right really IS jacked!

Do you think female mice find him gross?

Still tastes like chicken.

That was written 9 years ago. Any updates?

Sadly I clicked on this thread hoping to comment about one of my favorite old school cartoon characters…

Cool pic though, imagine finding that dude chewing a whole through your tub of Metabolic Drive -lol

S

Quadrupling Muscle Mass in Mice …

“… the myostatin-binding protein, follistatin, can induce dramatic increases in muscle mass when overexpressed as a transgene in mice.”

“… mice with approximately quadruple the normal amount of muscle.”

“… follistatin must be exerting its effect on muscle growth by targeting other ligands in addition to myostatin and that the effect of blocking these other ligands is comparable in magnitude to that resulting from loss of myostatin.”

4X