Might Sound Crazy But - B12 Advice

I hear the vet grade B12 works just fine for humans.
Can buy it off the shelf at the Co-op for 6 bucks.

What about mixing it in with my test shot every week?

[quote]DougP wrote:
I hear the vet grade B12 works just fine for humans.
Can buy it off the shelf at the Co-op for 6 bucks.

What about mixing it in with my test shot every week?[/quote]

Look that that [huge] vial. Is it 2.0 benzyl alcohol? I could not use that stuff. Pain with IM or SC and I had headaches 24x7 until I quit. Many do not have any complaints at all with it. But good to know what might be possible. I may retry it someday just to see.

Human grade probably has much less alcohol.

Give it a go, the money is trivial.

Yes, get 1ml insulin syringes. Do not jet the solution into your tissues at high speed as that fluid jet can be damaging.

Insulin needles do not require a script in some?few? states, just ask for a box of 100. $12.60 at Wal-Mart or Sam’s [house brand].

That’s cool that I can use slin needles. Got a ton of them from the GH days.

What’s a decent dose of vet grade B12?

KS - you had headaches from vet B12? How much were you using?

…human grade B12 is usually sold in a 1000 mcg/ml strength. Veterinary grade will come in various strengths such as 1000 mcg/ml, 3000 mcg/ml or even 5000 mcg/ml. Just some ballpark numbers here, you might inject a horse with 1-2ml, a dog with .5ml or a small cat with .25ml

Try doing a Google search under ‘Cyanocobalamin Injection’ to find out more about dosing requirements, potential long-term side effects, etc…hebs

[quote]DougP wrote:
That’s cool that I can use slin needles. Got a ton of them from the GH days.

What’s a decent dose of vet grade B12?

KS - you had headaches from vet B12? How much were you using?[/quote]

only .5ml

I just took a 1000 mcg B-12. Will update if anyone is interested.

I would think your feeling of “well being” would be higher, increased appetite, etc. Please report back.

[quote]Drew82 wrote:
I would think your feeling of “well being” would be higher, increased appetite, etc. Please report back.[/quote]

If there is a large effect, that indicates that there was a deficiency.