T Nation

Might Have Hurt My Back Doing Squats Last Night?

So last night I was doing squats and when I was warming up at 295 lbs on my first set i started to go down and felt a pop in my mid back. I was able to finish my workout for the day but today my back was real tight just wondering if anyone on here as ever had a injury like this if they did if it was serious or not?

Thanks

Why the fuck was 295 lbs your first set?

did you warm-up to do that 1 set at 295lbs or you just slamed 295lbs on the bar and try to squat it without warming-up?

Warmup = empty bar. Don’t be a hero.

doing squats and when I was warming up at 295 lbs on my first set
warming up at 295 lbs on my first set
295 lbs on my first set
first set

que?

My bad…wording sucked when I posted that I was in a hurry

I was just getting started into my actual lifting I warmed up with 135, the 295 was my first set.

I had already stretched and stuff but not as much as I usually do b/c I was running late and I wasn’t trying to hold up my lifting partner. On better note though my back has loosened up a lot since then think I just strained something scared the shit out of me that night though.

Scott Cartwright squatted 1160 in competition.

His warmup goes like this: bar, one plate, two plates, three plates, etc…

There is no reason YOU should be making jumps that big.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Scott Cartwright squatted 1160 in competition.

His warmup goes like this: bar, one plate, two plates, three plates, etc…

There is no reason YOU should be making jumps that big.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, I know a few 1,000lb squatters and the biggest jump I ever see them make is 90lbs

Thanks for the advice fellas

If it acts up again or feels weird, go see a doctor; back and neck injuries should not be taken lightly.