Midterms

[quote]rainjack wrote:

My bad Irish and 100M. It would help if I paid attention to who said what. [/quote]

Yes! How dare you!
I’m saying they are more corrupt!(as of today)

Mollohan, Jefferson, Waters, and Murtha compared to your entire congress? You’ve got to be kidding?

[quote]lumpy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

My bad Irish and 100M. It would help if I paid attention to who said what.

Yes! How dare you!

Mollohan, Jefferson, Waters, and Murtha compared to your entire congress? You’ve got to be kidding?

[/quote]

Hey, lumpy. It’s the quality of the corruption.

Thousands of dollars in a FREEZER ala jefferson=real hardcore corruption.

abramof=run of the mill “been there before” corruption.

The author of the FREEZER episode is a real innovator!!!

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
100meters wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Yes! How dare you!

Hey, irish. It’s the quality of the corruption.

JeffR

[/quote]

I guess Ney’s $34,000 dollars of poker chips also not innovative?

[quote]100meters wrote:
JeffR wrote:
100meters wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Yes! How dare you!

Hey, irish. It’s the quality of the corruption.

JeffR

I guess Ney’s $34,000 dollars of poker chips also not innovative?
[/quote]

That’s not too shabby. But, remember, to give ney his proper “due” he was given thousands of dollars of free trips to Scotland, poker chips, luxury boxes from a guy calling himself “The Fat Man.”

But, $90,000 in a freezer is brilliant!!! Not content with this genius, he apparently accepted $400,000 dollars in bribes from a Louisville businessman.

See? It has both scope and serious depth. jefferson wins big in the corruption department.

ney’s trangression has been run of the mill since the Egyptians.

But, a freezer!!! BRILLIANT!!!

JeffR

The current GOP controlled congress is much more corrupt than the Democratic controlled congress of years ago.

This is a byproduct of the era we live in and has nothing to do with the character of our current politicians.

If the Democrats were in charge they would be doing the exact same stuff the current cast of criminals are doing.

It is illuminatingly laughable that RJ thinks the current congress is ‘his’ congress.

This is our country you are talking about. This is not the NFL. Quit being a F’ing tool.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
The current GOP controlled congress is much more corrupt than the Democratic controlled congress of years ago.

This is a byproduct of the era we live in and has nothing to do with the character of our current politicians.

If the Democrats were in charge they would be doing the exact same stuff the current cast of criminals are doing.

It is illuminatingly laughable that RJ thinks the current congress is ‘his’ congress.

This is our country you are talking about. This is not the NFL. Quit being a F’ing tool.[/quote]

Hell - taking sides is what we do down here just in case you haven’t noticed.

What is so corrupt about this particular congress that makes it the more corrupt than Jim Wright’s HOR, or Rosty’s misgivings?

You have a very short memory, or were not old enough to pay attention when the left had the reins.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Well, it’s getting close to election time.

Time for the bet.

Time to stop running mouths and put your money on the table.

I’ll bet the Republicans retain control of both Houses.

If the democrats win one or (gasp) more: I’ll become

GeorgeBushlied1

If the Republicans win the dems who accept the challenge become:

ILoveGeorgeWBush.

The Anti-Americans like reckless, pookie, juniho, ephrem and orion are welcome to join in!!!

Good luck.

JeffR[/quote]

Hey Jeffro!!! Or I mean GeorgeBushlied1, where are you??

Calling GeorgeBushlied1 to the smackdown phone!

Come on out and play jeffro, I’m anxious to hear your spin on this. Need a little more time to put a good fable together?

[quote]tme wrote:
JeffR wrote:

Time for the bet.

GeorgeBushlied1

ILoveGeorgeWBush.

The Anti-Americans like reckless, pookie, juniho, ephrem and orion are welcome to join in!!!

Good luck.

JeffR

Hey Jeffro!!! Or I mean GeorgeBushlied1, where are you??

Calling GeorgeBushlied1 to the smackdown phone!

Come on out and play jeffro, I’m anxious to hear your spin on this. Need a little more time to put a good fable together?

[/quote]

As much as I would love to see JeffR have to change his name to GeorgeBushlied1, after reviewing this thread, I see that no one took him up on his challenge. Therefore, as one of the people that likes to give him a hard time, I have to put my say in that he doesn’t have to change his name.

Although, I am interested to hear what he has to say about all of this. :wink:

He never says that the bet is off, if nobody takes him up on it.

[quote]I’ll bet the Republicans retain control of both Houses.

GeorgeBushlied1

ILoveGeorgeWBush.

[/quote]

He says other people are [quote]welcome to join in!!![/quote]

Another right winger who doesn’t follow through on his promises, and doesn’t believe in accountability… GEE HOW SURPRISING.

Yeah, I went back and looked before I posted that, and I didn’t see where he made his name change conditional on anyone actually taking him up on it.

I think he must be having trouble signing in, the tears keep dripping on his keyboard and messing him up. Poor Jeffro. I mean GeorgeBushlied1.

While his wording wasn’t in lawyer-approved legalese (where’s BB when you need him), he clearly mentions a bet.

Now, if someone bets something, and no one takes that bet, then the bet is null and void in my book.

And besides, “GeorgeBushlied1 the clown” doesn’t quite have that ring to it. Not to mention the redundancy…

GREETINGS!!!

I wanted to first say, Congratulations to the democrats. They won an election.

They did several effective things. Among them, “stay the course” and hiding pelosi for the past week.

Kudos to them.

If rahm emanuel (sp?) manages to get some sleep/not die, the bad guys might have found Rove-light.

As far as the Republicans. This was clearly a referendum on the party in power. When they regain control of the legislatures (circa next cycle) they are going to need another disclipined leader, like Tom Delay.

They need to run a much more vocal and effective Congress.

That is the only way to keep the pendulum from swinging against them.

As for the democrats, I want you to watch them very closely. You are about to see their divisions and problems come to the fore. They can no longer carp/whine/complain to high heaven. They have to produce. It’s like a one rep max. You can hide your weaknesses when you are repping. But, maximal effort exposes your faults.

Kudos to George W. Bush for taking the offensive today and the headlines.

Unfortunately, for us, he is just now starting to understand that the War on Terror is fought on the battlefield AND on the airways.

He needs to drive the agenda

Finally, I want you to watch how the Republicans handle this defeat. They will learn from it. I fully expect the treading to be much easier in 2008 due to the results from last evening.

I’ve thought about the bet. Since none of the bad guys took me up on the bet, I agree that I’m not obligated to change my name.

However, I don’t want to be seen as a poor loser. I’ll compromise.

Therefore, congratulations to the bad guys on their win last night.

Signed,

GeorgeBushLied1

Good sport

Kudos JeffR!

[quote]JeffR wrote:
GREETINGS!!!

I wanted to first say, Congratulations to the democrats. They won an election.

They did several effective things. Among them, “stay the course” and hiding pelosi for the past week.

Kudos to them.

If rahm emanuel (sp?) manages to get some sleep/not die, the bad guys might have found Rove-light.

As far as the Republicans. This was clearly a referendum on the party in power. When they regain control of the legislatures (circa next cycle) they are going to need another disclipined leader, like Tom Delay.

They need to run a much more vocal and effective Congress.

That is the only way to keep the pendulum from swinging against them.

As for the democrats, I want you to watch them very closely. You are about to see their divisions and problems come to the fore. They can no longer carp/whine/complain to high heaven. They have to produce. It’s like a one rep max. You can hide your weaknesses when you are repping. But, maximal effort exposes your faults.

Kudos to George W. Bush for taking the offensive today and the headlines.

Unfortunately, for us, he is just now starting to understand that the War on Terror is fought on the battlefield AND on the airways.

He needs to drive the agenda

Finally, I want you to watch how the Republicans handle this defeat. They will learn from it. I fully expect the treading to be much easier in 2008 due to the results from last evening.

I’ve thought about the bet. Since none of the bad guys took me up on the bet, I agree that I’m not obligated to change my name.

However, I don’t want to be seen as a poor loser. I’ll compromise.

Therefore, congratulations to the bad guys on their win last night.

Signed,

GeorgeBushLied1

[/quote]

Now, no whining for 2 years…

[quote]JeffR wrote:

Time for the bet.

GeorgeBushlied1

ILoveGeorgeWBush.

Good luck.

JeffR[/quote]

What do you have to say now?

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
JeffR wrote:

Time for the bet.

GeorgeBushlied1

ILoveGeorgeWBush.

Good luck.

JeffR

What do you have to say now?[/quote]

zepplin,

Start a new trend for you: read.

You will find my response if you skim back four posts.

Good luck.

JeffR

Hahah. I’m impressed that you did it, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

As for '08, there’s no calling that until later. Who would have thought two years ago that the Democrats would take back Congress?

Personally, I think this spells much more trouble for the GOP than the Dems.

[quote]pookie wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Let me amend. If pookie accepts THE CHALLENGE II, the following will go into effect:

Up for it?

JeffR

Like I said, I don’t get to vote in those elections, so my interest and concern about them is limited. [/quote]

Something else is limited too, eh Pooks?

JeffR did it and didn’t have to. He is a man of his word.