Middle Eastern Racism

Partly, sure. Nasser had to act tough to satisfy his most antisemitic base, so, once captured from the worthless UN, he had to close the straights. His mistake was not the closure. It was taking the straights in the first place.

But the real impetus was mainly Charles de Gaulle (France) declaring an arms embargo on Israel. France was the main supplier of jet aircraft. Jet aircraft have a long and complex supply line. Without constant maintenance, they become worthless. If any meaningful time passed, Israel would have been without an air force, which was its most important military advantage.

So Israel had to act quickly and decisively, which we did.

The postwar tragedy was that there was nobody in the Arab world ready to negotiate for the return of the conquered lands. They pouted and stood adamant that Israel must be destroyed.

If we had waited, the Arabs would have been in the stronger position and Israel would have been forced to use nuclear weapons to defend itself, resulting in the destruction of essentially the entire middle east.

2 Likes

I appreciate the granular explanation, I get it. Things aren’t always as simple as they seem, and sometimes they are.
Nothing is ever simple when dealing with the Palestinians, but I do believe they are victims of their own stupidity. They operate on pure emotion, anger in particular. And everything you explained can be rolled up into that category. I do not balk at calling it stupidity deliberately because the cool calculus of reason would have provided a solution pretty much everything going wrong with them.
I do believe the Palestinians are capable of reason, I believe they choose not to use it. Because it feels better, for the moment to shoot guns in the air and declare death to Israel. But it gets everybody nowhere. Why embellish or sympathize with them? Does not compute

I do know that the ‘kid gloves’ approach taken by the U.S. and the world for the last 50 years hasn’t worked. So a sea-change in our approach is likely over due. Instead of giving, we take. Where we call for restraint, we turn a blind eye and hide behind the ‘Israel has the right to defend itself.’ policy.

Honestly, @Jewbacca I am ready for Israel to officially annex the occupied territories in to the Israeli state. This middle ground we are stuck in is like a truck stuck in the mud. You can floor-it but you ain’t getting anywhere.
If any time is a good time to do it, I think now is it.
With a sympathetic U.S. president, you can remove Hamas. Grant a path to citizenship to any who are willing to play nice and live peacefully next to their Jewish neighbors and grant bus tickets to anybody who doesn’t like it.
I reckon it may not be that simple, but what if it is? Could it be done?

The problem with that is the occupants of Gaza, etc, would then become Israeli citizens. Free to travel, etc. They could come to the USA with their Israeli passports. You want them?

There are also all the concerns with “chain migration” and the like also facing the USA: you let one in, his cousin Abdul Jihad ImGonnaKillyou comes in.

Now, maybe paying them to go leave Gaza and start anew elsewhere might work. This is actually going on. This is why your malls are flooded with angry Arab boys selling crap wooden nativity scenes from the “Holy Land” during November-December.

3 Likes

Okay! You got me on that one. I don’t want to say LOL because it doesn’t do it justice
 That was truly hilarious

Otherwise, my vision did include eradicating Hamas as an organization. Also, deportation to those who do not like it and a path to citizenship for those who do. Is that possible or is Mr. ImGonnaKillYou slip through the cracks and come to the U.S. on an Israeli passport?

Either that, or kick everybody out in to refugee camps and vet them before they are allowed back in. My thoughts is that the 2 state solution is basically dead and Israel won that territory fair and square.
My goal is to remove the uncertainties concerning the Occupied territories and let there be a single united Israel.

BTW, the Christians who come from the Holy Land to the U.S. during Christmas bring the top quality shit. Those olive wood carvings are really well done. I must admit, I own several pieces and they are beautiful and quality.

1 Like

Will that make things better or worse, in the bigger picture? I’m curious to hear what people think.

To where?

Theodor Meron doesn’t seem to agree.

Ah, the old conundrum - territory without the people.

Arabs hate Palestinian Arabs. I don’t see much brotherly love in that regard and willingness to accept third generation “refugees”.

Ben Gurion, Moshe Dayan, Levi Eshkol, Rabin and other great minds failed to address this for the sie reason - in order to move populations in the Middle East (and from the West Bank) you need some serious murdering, something they couldn’t commit to.

I actually regretted it after I posted it. I thought of “Abdul Jihad KaBoom” after. Much snapper.

It’s going to be my new go-to name for unknown terrorists.

4 Likes

I’m thinking we ship them all to Germany. Consider it a final reparations payment.

5 Likes

Nothing new under the sun.

Deuteronomy, chapter 20
16: But in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes,
17: but you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Per’izzites, the Hivites and the Jeb’usites, as the LORD your God has commanded;

The Germans already have their hands full with Turks that won’t assimilate.

1 Like

All cultures are equal, though!

1 Like

Only grievance professors actually believe that.

You’re on a roll
 Don’t stop. LOL!!!

Both views are wrong. If a culture produces a desired outcome then it is successful.

this is highly subject to perspective; I’d imagine you’d agree. Unless I missed your sarcasm?? Tough to tell on the interwebz w/o “/s”

I meant desirable to those within the particular culture. If wife beating is something you are into then there is a culture which will accommodate you.

1 Like

But isn’t the Palestinians’ “plight” a rallying cry for the Arab world? All the sects can agree on hating the Jews.

Oh yes. Sharing pictures of dead kids from Gaza, swearing on that vague “support” thing, or when a dumb Moroccan drug dealer in Paris or Brussels needs to be radicalized.

But when a flesh-and-blood Palestinian appears in front of them, that’s another matter completely.