Middle Eastern Racism

I always found his wife to be kinda hot, for a tyrannical maniac. I remember pre-civil war good will ‘humanitarian’ tours she would do in Europe, espousing ‘human rights’.
I don’t see her doing that again, ever. But yes, if I didn’t know who they were and you showed me a picture, I would guess French as nationality. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did have some French in their genetic profile.

I like Mr. Bean!

They would show his stuff during trans-European flights and he cracked me up…I am sure the jet lag helped.

Oooo… Don’t get me started on missed opportunities to get rid of that fucker.
The lament of the botched ‘Red line’ opportunity has and will continue to haunt us for years to come.
Putin rolled up, in has Cadillac with gold rims, leaned-back, posted up, arm out the window, stereo bumpin’, and picky-raised on the steering wheel… “Allow me to assist”

1 Like

I don’t/didn’t hate Raj I felt really really bad for him

1 Like

They are very modern Jewish girls, a couple with a penchant towards Instagram and one who was the subject of a movie (no, not that kind of movie, a documentary about young Israelis in the IDF who used to aspire to being a movie star).

Getting them to take OFF their sunglasses in the house is the difficulty.

2 Likes

That was the catalyst for the nascent independence movement during the Napoleonic Wars. Hispano-Americans came to the Motherland to study/visit proud of their “whiteness” only to discover that peninsular Spaniards considered them “mestizos”.

Yeah, but it seems that everyone underestimated the survival instinct of the Evil Eye Doctor (pun intentional). Everyone wrote him off a few years back and the seemingly bumbling tinpot dictator made a comeback.

Alawites have shown they know how to survive - leveraged the short-lived French mandate and kept Syria under iron grip for almost seven decades. Kind of impressive for a minority sect of fake Shiites that managed to out-murder the Sunnites in Syria for such a long time.

Also, old man Hafez died in his bed and uncle Rifaat lives comfortably in his castle in France. On the other hand, Saddam and Gadaffi got a noose around the neck and a metal rod up the ass respectively. So who’s laughing now?

Yeah. It’s weird seeing the Gadaffis name spelled in Hebrew :wink: Interestingly, as he was from a Bedouin clan he was regularly beat up for being “black” by Arab kids in school, and the accusations that he wasn’t “white enough” (much like those against Sadat in Egypt) lingered until his downfall. Some armchair psychologists have even argued that his inferiority complex pushed him into those harebrained adventures in Chad, Uganda and CAR to show everyone he’s not “black”.

Nope. Alawites. But your reluctance to accept that is understandable, considering the dominant racial identity paradigm.

As Americans slightly freak out when seeing that Israel is more diverse than they expected, likewise those who come to Lebanon for example are unsettled because many locals (or the “crazies”) are… well… disconcertingly “white”. And this in turns hinders the benevolent (or malevolent) patronizing towards the “non-whites”.

I remember when I was staring and two spectacularly beautiful Tavor-carrying female IDF soldiers near Tel-Aviv. After a few minutes of my staring at them they became slightly nervous worrying that I might be a hostile but I reassured them that I was just being creepy.

5 Likes

overall its pretty disturbing honeslty, to learn about this anti black racist history in the muslim countries i looked up too. its disgusting.

question. Should an african person care about the conflicts and issues in the middle east. For example can an african approach the palestine issue with " Arabs have a terrible history with black people, i literally don’t give a fuck what happens to palestinians". During the Libya slavery issue became well known on social media i saw some african saying"fuck arabs" “arabs don’t care about blacks as you can see, they don’t even treat us like humans”.

ultimately to me i think it depends on the individual. Like would you personally want to help someone who was racist, or would you actually want to help indivuals in a country that have a terrible history of racism.

what disturbs me the most is north africans have a history of racism against sub saharan blacks. algerians, libyans, tunisians, and egyptians. like these countries are africa. AFRICA!!!. It literally doesn’t not make sense for anti black racism to exist in the continent of africa. Nothing interest me for these countries any more besides a quick instragram photo shoot in front of the pyramids in egypt. That’s it.

I would just like to say it has been cool being born and raised in america. My life would probably be way different if i was part of the somali diaspora that grew up in the middle east or north africa. My father an mother literally almost moved to kuwait. when i was two years old, but they ended up staying here in the states.

3 Likes

also if you search up black Palestinians, literally the first couple of links that pop up are just links about racism.

i guess a good point for africans who don’t like arabs is to support the Palestinian issue only because their are black Palestinians that lie in those areas that are fighting but are facing discrimination from both israelis and Palestinians.

@libanbolt, I just wanted to say, this has been an interesting thread. I have never been to the Middle East or Africa, and the history is fascinating. Thanks.

This is encouraging to hear. We’ll never be down to zero, but hopefully things are improving overall.

Are there very many Somali, or other African Muslims in Texas? In the Dallas area specifically? I assume there are not a lot of Muslims in Texas, but I may be wrong.

I was wondering if that was your reason for considering living in the ME? A desire to see what it would be like to live in a nation where you are not a religious minority?

I’ll take it a step further … see my edit to your statement

i understand it does … and it’ll take centuries for the concept to be effectively wiped from human consciousness (if it ever will) but still. Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me.

1 Like

I was born in dallas, moved to san diego when I was two years old. stayed there until the age of 8. Once I turned 8 I moved to dallas to live with my father. Dallas doesn’t really have a big somali population. In fact in the suburb I live in I am usually the first somali person most people here have actually met.

The somali diaspora here in America is mostly heavily concentrated in st paul Minnesota, Columbus ohio, seattle Washington, and san diego California.these areas have pretty big somali population. Then you have small groups like where I live scatterered around America. In the dallas fort worth area its pretty small. I know there is some somali bantu in dallas. somali bantu aren’t fully somali, they are a minority group that lived in Somalia, that look west African, they look nothing like somali people. literally as a kid I was confused when I met one because I thought they were Sudanese or Nigerian, but then they started speaking somali. But overall pure Somalis in the dallas fort worth area is small.

there is a pretty good amount of arabs here too in the dallas fort worth area. arabs and Pakistanis. I think its a good mixture of Iraqis, afghanis, Palestinians, and Syrians. All the mosques that I attened are mostly packed by the arabs and Pakistanis.

and yea I am interested in seeing what it would be like to live in a muslim majoirity nation.

1 Like

naw my dad came here before the civil war in the 1970s. My mom came here before the war as well. She was here in the 1980s. My mom left when she was a kid. My father was in his twenties when he left. he had fully completed high school and recieved an english degree there. till this day i have no clue why he would complete a english degree and move to a country that’s primary language is english. My father was born and raised in the capital and it was pretty developed.My mother was an orphan who lived in the villages working on farms.she came here because her adopted family brought her over. The civil war really messed up the country. a majority of the somalis that are here in america came in the 1990s after the civil war.

1 Like

I would guess that’s part of the whole picture, yes. But mainly people shouldn’t be on the “side” of the Palestinians because their entire situation is based on their own lies, bad choices, corruption, and the completely bigoted decision to hate Jewish people.

A solid 1/5 Israelis are Arab and they are the richest, most educated, and happy populace of Arabs in the Middle East. Apparently, Jews aren’t really the Devil.

3 Likes

Exactly what the Devil would WANT you to think (the plot thickens…cue suspenseful music)

2 Likes

My bets would be on the wrong part of Philly happened to him. For some people it only takes one good ass beating to say “fuck diversity…”.

2 Likes

@libanbolt I’m surprised you left out my city of Lewiston, Maine. We’ve got probably close to 8,000 Somalis and another 1,000 or so Bantus living here out of a population of around 35,000.

i never knew there were somalis in maine. just learned something new. I literally did not know this.

A bit off-topic, but you might enjoy this.

2 Likes

His 8-year-old brother carried him out on his back. Way to make me cry this morning, you jerk.

2 Likes