T Nation

Middle Eastern Racism

Um, no. As an IDF veteran and a father of 4 IDF veterans, including two called to active service, I can assure you there is no joy in this.

We have an armed, organized, mob on our border. They are trying to breach the border to kill, maim, and kidnap.

The Facebook page for Hamas has instructions for the “civilians” on how to slip through, kidnap Israeli civilians (preferably children, preferably females) and bring them back to use as hostages.

Somehow, these instructions don’t violate Facebook’s terms of service. There’s still there as of my making this post.

Obviously, we can’t let them in. And while the Hamas thugs are fanatical madmen, there is no joy in killing them.

It’s great sadness. Anger at the leaders who mislead them. Anger at the situation. But no hate, at least for most Israelis. (I am quite sure plenty are enraged past reason; we are human.)

Arabs are our cousins, as much children of Abraham as we Jewish people.

My neighbor for 20 years in Golan is Arab. He’s probably my best friend after my wife. His kids are constantly in our house and mine in his. It’s a the same pack of pre-teen girls spying on older kids and cruising on pink bikes with banana seats.

We spent yesterday drinking beer, watching really bad football, and having a BBQ while the kids ran around and enjoyed the weather.

Of course, it’s also the same girls (Arab and Jewish) who just spent a night crying in the vineyard’s wine cellar while Iranian missiles flew overhead.

So, no, there is no joy or eagerness. Just sadness.

The fact that Gaza freely elected Hamas into leadership shows you the depth of the ingrained hatred they have for Jews\ Israelis.
“Hey we’ll keep you in bondage, and if we are not attacking Israel, we will kill you because you are not fanatical enough. Cool? Okay let’s do it!”

I don’t know what to do with Gaza. Nobody want’s them. Israel, for good reason, doesn’t want them and they became so fanatical that even their fellow Arabs don’t want to touch them with a 10 ft cattle-prod. The PLO has no power over them, they are really just an enraged mob.

Could military action work? Possibly, but they will exploit the shit out of that. Perhaps enduring some bad PR while you clean Hamas out of every crevice is worth it.
But then you have to deal with Iran, trickling in just enough support to keep them loyal, but not enough to provide them with any real clout.

I still favor my initial idea, annex the whole damn thing and kick all the crazies out. The non-compliant can be sent to Syria, to the ‘shit-hole’ zones.

Tell us how you really feel Ioppar. Haha.

Kushi isn’t even that bad of a word. We can call them hachsaleem instead. Is that more appropriate. Kidding of course.

Jewbacca. I somewhat resent and disagree with that comment about Sephardim picking up a lot of bad habits. But I am not gonna argue with you. I just think that is not entirely accurate.

So you were watching The Browns…and…

I think he meant real football.

Probably a fair criticism. Perhaps a more accurate thing to say is I am just not a fan of the leadership of the Shas (the political party), and hence the particular Rabbi in question.

Correct. Although lately, it’s been so crappy I’d rather watch American basketball.

I cannot wait for basketball season to end… I celebrate because it’s over, not because anybody won.

Food Truck Worker Hurls Bottle, Racial Epithet at Black Woman After She Tries to Pay With Change: Report

The Root
June 8, 2018
By: Angela Helm, Contributing Editor

A black woman in Oregon was allegedly assaulted by a food truck owner, all because she tried to pay for her food with change. According to Willamette Week, Carlotta Washington says she was called a “nigger” by Islam El Masry after she tried to pay for her lunch with quarters (not pennies, mind you).

In a short video provided to the outlet by a bystander, El Masry can be seen telling Washington to “get the fuck out from here” and calling her a “stupid bitch” after throwing a Gatorade bottle at her for confronting him.

In a portion not captured on video, Washington says, El Masry sprayed her with Sriracha, which was confirmed to the news outlet by witness Rachel Good, who said that she found Washington’s shirt, face and shoulders covered with the Thai hot sauce.

“It was in my eyes and all on my skin. It was burning terribly,” Washington says. After Washington asked that police be called, El Masry was booked into Multnomah County jail on charges of misdemeanor harassment and assault. Bail is set at $4,000.

Video at link.

A black woman in Oregon was allegedly assaulted by a food truck owner, all because she tried to pay for her food with change

It’s OK, he’s released a couple of videos saying he was racist to other black people, too, so it wasn’t personal.

Not the sharpest knife, but a great exemplar of the casual racism of North Africa.

Holy shit.

Really I just imagining the confusion of that woman … like wtf dude, I just want some falafel

I always enjoy seeing that look of horror in the faces of Arabs when upon their arrival in the US they realize they’re considered non-white and lumped together with African-Americans.

Usually it’s Hispanic.

For @Basement_Gainz, about slavery in the Middle East.

It’s a slippery slope (sarcasm) - first there is no compensation for escaped property. Then the preposterous concept of a day off. What’s next, a ban on whipping your slaves?

Sondos Alqattan, an Instagram star and makeup artist with over 2.3 million followers, criticised new laws giving Filipino workers a day off per week and preventing employers from seizing their passports.

“How can you have a servant at home who keeps their own passport with them? What’s worse is they have one day off every week,” she said in a video posted online, which has gone viral and attracted criticism in the Middle East and the Philippines.

Alqattan slated reforms introduced in May to protect the rights of Filipino domestic workers: “If they run away and go back to their country, who will refund me? Honestly I disagree with this law. I don’t want a Filipino maid any more.”

Um… is this 2018, or 1018? This doesn’t even compute to westerners.

Maybe they have a point over there when it comes to keeping women silent.

No, it’s the Middle East.

Perhaps the truck was overweight?