Middle Eastern Racism

Do you mean that it varies? Da fuq is the point?

Found some random links that say what you can wear during a driver’s license varies state by state.

Some allow hats (varying sizes/types), some allow X etcetc. From a brief google it looks like no states allow covering of the face entirely, but some allow for covering the head, some cover head if religious reason.

Edit: good thing the state has power over something that inherently crosses state lines. Good job govt. Standardization is garbage anyways

2 Likes

I was thinking about Muslim immigrants, as both Bradford and Marseille are archetypal examples of cities with very large, even dominant Muslim communities.

1 Like

You mean you cannot wear this on your passport and DL?

What is the world coming too?!

You’ll also notice a district lack of people trying to change that. :wink: People (not saying you) are SUPER keen of pretending like Islam is “invading” common sense and making changes that aren’t actually happening.

In reality people get here and go “oh this thing is meant to show my face for ID purposes? Okay sounds good”

Back to the original topic - this documentary is a must watch.

Nominally about a nightmare season of Israel’s most legendary football (soccer) club, it’s actually about a cynical social experiment of its then owner, a shady Russian-Israeli oligarch, exploring religious, language and economic differences at play.

Don’t let the soccer stuff turn you off guys and gals.

1 Like

Well . . . .

3 Likes

In summary, football (soccer) fans are assholes, regardless of country.

That’s something a Maccabi supporter would say.

In all seriousness, the documentary touches upon many topics, notably the harnessing of populism for shady political (and business) ends and a microcosm of what happens when things get out of control and mob rule takes over.

While desert Arabs are as a rule dumb as a bag of rocks - remember when the Saudis believed a detergent was a secret tribute to Sharon? - Iranians are very smart, which they’ve shown excelling in mathematics and engineering.

Seriously. Even the most reprehensible mullahs are smart and there’s nothing crazy about them. They are evil, but they’re not insane - which makes them very formidable enemies, much, much more serious that the stereotypical “crazy Arab”

Number 1, I’m more of a Manchester United fan than anything. Although I do like Beitar.

Number 2, the reason I’m not an actual Beitar fan is “La Familia” – the Beitar soccer hooligans that make English Hooligans look like nice guys. They are largely Mizahim – and picked up really bad, racist, habits from the Muslim countries from which they were on the lower caste and from which they were expelled. I distinctly remember them throwing bananas at a black player on loan from Africa somewhere. Complete and total assholes.

I will note that a number of Muslim players have played on the team without a problem (or even really be noticed). This was hyped up, though, to create news and ratings.

Yeah, well as Ephraim Kishon vividly and memorably described in those novels of his set in the early fifties, Ashkenazim were spectacularly culturally and socially unprepared to encounter fellow Jews who talked, behaved and looked like Arabs.

If it didn’t have real life consequences this would be hilarious.

Do they watch old Bugs Bunny cartoons like its the evening news or what?

2 Likes

Well, that’s actually a good idea. Rats would work even better, tie a go-pro around their necks and let them run

Uh-oh

1 Like

Technically, he was quoting whoever wrote that bit of commentary in the Talmud. I have no idea in what context he was quoting the commentary; perhaps to refute it or explain it.

BUT . . . probably not.

This guy is a Sephardic Rabbi, and, as I have often noted here, the Sephardim (who were just recently ethnically cleansed from the neighboring Islamic countries) picked up a lot of bad habits from the majority populations in their previous countries, including a fair amount of racism.

Neither an innocent explanation, nor a foul one, would surprise me – our media is just as liberal as your and like to play “gotcha” with anyone religious. AND the guy is an asshat.

1 Like

man that forever pure teaser looks crazy. i definently need to watch that documentary

Fitting.

2 Likes

Any opinions on the current situation with Israel and the Palestinians & the moving of the American Embassy to Jerusalem?

The Palestinians were walled off because of a constant and incessant wave of bus and other bombings in the 90’s (I think) by Hamas, their current leaders, to derail peace talks with Arafat. If there is no peace the Palestinians or their current leaders had a hand in it and are the reason behind the walls and fences. They were self defense moves by the Israelis to stop Hamas attacks.

That’s my take on things
If I’m wrong, let me know.

It’s a win-win for all sides concerned. Hamas gets to terrorize and oppress the Palestinians even more, making them even more insane and more deranged, making sure more future “martyrs” are created - more casualties means more destitute families, more invalids and more hatred which translates into more Hamas footsoldiers down the line.

Israel loves this because it gets to hermetically keep Palestinians penned up in these two bantustans and keeps the nonviable two-state solution off the negotiating table. Occasionally, it can point a finger at the Palestinian human zoo for the benefit of the American right wing / evangelical audience with the admonishing “look how crazy they are! You can’t negotiate with these lunatics!”. IDF also loves this because it provides a welcome respite from confronting the more serious Shiite adversaries up north - whenever they feel down they can always drop back into their comfort zone, try out new weapons and kill some Palestinians in Gaza.

Arab leaders love this because they can always get teary-eyed about the “plight of the Palestinians” and make grand threats about the “crimes of Zionists” without actually doing anything for those Palestinians they despite and/or hate.

The embassy thing:

Hamas: “we need to eclipse the Jerusalem embassy opening news with our casualties. You guys go protest, wave flags, burn tires, throw stones and take pot-shots at the IDF until we suffer four digit casualties - that will surely overshadow Ivanka’s and Jared’s visit and make front page news. Make sure you push teenage boys and women in the front so that we can make gruesome videos for Muslims in Europe and dumb leftists”

IDF: “Woo-hoo! We get to kill Arabs!”

1 Like

Dude, great fricking post.