Mid week fun

OUT TO DINNER MATHMATICS
This is pretty neat how it works out.

DON’T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST

It takes less than a minute…

Work this out as you read.

Don’t cheat and read the bottom until you’ve worked through it!

This is fun!

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would
    like to have dinner out. (try for more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (Just to be bold)

3. Add 5. (for Sunday)

4. Multiply it by 50 - I’ll wait while you get the calculator…

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1753… If you haven’t, add 1752…

6… Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number .

The first digit of this was your original number (I.e., how many times you want to have eat out each week.)

The next two numbers are…

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it IS!!!, unless you are 100 or over)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2003) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS. IMPRESSIVE, ISN’T IT?

“You Are The Weakest Link Goodbye”

Below are 4 questions. Answer them instantly. You can’t take your time.
Answer them immediately. No pencil or paper! OK? Let’s find out just how smart and clever you really are. Ready? … GO!!!

FIRST QUESTION:
You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

ANSWER:
If you answer that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Try not to screw up in the next question. To answer the second question, don’t take as much time as you took for the first question. (You know you took too much time.)

SECOND QUESTION:
If you overtake the last person, then you are…?

ANSWER:
If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong
again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST person?!

THIRD QUESTION:
Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 30.
Add another 1000.
Now add 20.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 10.
What is the total?

ANSWER:
Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. Don’t believe it?
Check with your calculator! Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right?

LAST QUESTION:
Mary’s father has five daughters: Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

ANSWER:
Nunu? Nana? Nene? NONO! Of course not. The fifth daughter’s name is Mary.
Read the question again.

You ARE the WEAKEST LINK!!

Criminy sakes alive, Hyphz!

BUT, despite the massive brain fart, I got the 4100 and Mary right. The reason I’m so darn excited about the 4100 is that I SUCK at anything math-related. Woo Hoo!

A reason to celebrate with a beer. Wait, there’s no beer in the fridge. Damn.

Got the first and last ones right, missed the second.

As for the math thing, I did it, got 5000, thought that wasn’t right, did it again, got 4100, thought THAT wasn’t right, did it AGAIN, got 5000 again, said fuck it, looked at the answer, then spent the next ten minutes playing with my calculator.

But back to the second question: it’s very easy to overtake the last person - if you’re running on an oval track (or anything else that loops).

Ah, who's the weakest link? :wink:

There was a tv game show that ran here (UK as well??) called The Weakest Link, never saw it myself but when someone was eliminated the compere would say you are the weakest link, goodbye in a monotone dominitrix (sp) sort of way.
As for the first one, I mean, what sort of nerd actually works those sort of things out?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/2/7/275243.1049921225247.episode01-02a[1].jpg

Well I messed up on all the questions. Guess a B.S. degree from Oregon State is worthless. Then again living in Oregon was priceless. I gotta go back. Hawaii sucks ass.

Damn, it’s so obvious but I said 5000! Blah, I’m not as smart as I think. And I even got Mary wrong!

Cool!

I dunno how you can get 5000…it’s pretty obvious that it’s not 5000…I got it right the first time. Am I just weird? :wink:

I did the questions with a friend, he somewho got everyquestion except the marry one correct… Impressive