T Nation

Mid Cycle Notes

Im almost halfway through a cycle of Test E 400mg/wk, deca 150mg/wk and Napo tabs 40mg/day wk 2-5. Things I’ve noticed so far… (I wanted to get these down now before I forget in a few more weeks and write my final results).

-Weight gain thus far is 24 pounds. Not all clean. AAS is not an excuse to eat everything under the sun. I’m endo/meso and my “400g of protein a day and everything else I can find” diet worked awful. I cleaned everything up, carb sources now only oatmeal, sweet potatoes, waxy maize (pwo) and brown rice. No carbs after 6. Clean fats in the afternoon, EVOO, almonds, natty pb, macadamia nut oil.

-I’m strong as an ox. Wow, is all I can say. Weights are up and keeping going. Intensity is also up there, as I get so excited pushing all this weight.

-I don’t need to sleep as much. I try to, but I can’t. I’m up after 7 hours and can’t keep sleeping. I used to sleep 9-10, now 7 feels more than enough even though I try for more.

-I have added fasted AM cardio to try and help with the not-so-good weight gain. I find my calves get pumped very easily and cant go much longer than 20 minutes.

-My girlfriend just texted me her pussy hurts and we’re not having sex tomorrow. I might die because of this.

-I’m absolutely starving when I wake in the morning, to the point where I feel physically sick.

-No rage. At all. I actually feel much happier, more energetic, more focused and have an overall since of well being. I love this stuff. I had my test checked a couple months ago. With all the squatting I do, the ZMA, high good fat and cholesterol intake, I’d expect my test to be decent. I tested 411. For 23 I feel this is on the lower end, and seeing my symptoms of low test I had now all gone, It makes me wonder If I should cruise between cycles so I never have to go back to feeling shitty.

-Ventroglute injections are painless. Love em.

the dbol makes your calves hurt like that. I actually was getting less reps while on dbol than off just because the pumps got too painful.

24lbs is a lot of weight even if its not all clean but it sounds like you’re cleaned things up and are doing well now.

Keep it going

So, I take it with the ratio of test to deca you’ve chosen, no libido issues at all to report? Are you taking any ancilliary drugs, ie - arimidex, cabergoline?

[quote]saps wrote:
the dbol makes your calves hurt like that. I actually was getting less reps while on dbol than off just because the pumps got too painful.

24lbs is a lot of weight even if its not all clean but it sounds like you’re cleaned things up and are doing well now.

Keep it going[/quote]

Yeah, I had come off of a no carb diet, onto a low (less than 80-100g/day) carb diet, so i think the rebound off of that made a big difference. I saw around 8 pounds the first week which I feel had almost nothing to do with the AAS.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
So, I take it with the ratio of test to deca you’ve chosen, no libido issues at all to report? Are you taking any ancilliary drugs, ie - arimidex, cabergoline?[/quote]
Test to Deca ratio has worked well. I have a libido through the roof, and the only “sexual” related side is my former grapefruits are heading to raisin land. I wanted to maintain over a 2:1 and a minimum of 250 more just to be safe, and I have had no issues thus far. I have come across threads on other sites long ago saying lower amounts of deca like this are worthless, but I got a great deal on the small amount of deca so I figured to just throw it in and see if the deca/d-bol combination would work out. I have been taking liquid .25mg a-dex e3d (supplied by our good friend), I take it on injection days. I haven’t had any big sides so I’ve just kept a little going for peace of mind, if I see anything to make me nervous I’ll bump it up.

I have clomid for PCT, and I also have looked at the proposed test taper. I have a few weeks to figure out what I’m doing, I’m up in the air so far and am thinking I have 3 choices… (1) Traditional wait 2 weeks, then clomid 200mg/d for first day, then 100mg/d for the rest of week 1, and week 2. 50mg/d week 3. (2) Test taper, no need to explain this to you guys. (3) Stay on 200mg a week for 8-10 weeks, then go at it again. My test levels were tested at 411 at my last physical. My doctor wouldn’t do E2 levels so I am unsure what they were. I understand the risks associated with long term shutdown, but if it keeps me from going back to the way I was feeling before, then I’m willing to take one in the hip once a week. My only problem is I don’t have an internet source, but a personal source who is hit or miss at times. I just picked up more than enough to do the cruise, but it would only leave enough for a short and week cycle come next time.

I’ll let much more qualified people answer the main question… but if you don’t have consistent access to what you need staying “on” would be a dangerous game. Stopping cold turkey or hoping on a wing and prayer that PCT drugs would let you recover after long term use might be very rough.

I’m interested in peoples thoughts on someone with low natural test(mine was 281) and if it is even worth it to come off if HRT or blast/cruise is a viable and consistent option.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I’ll let much more qualified people answer the main question… but if you don’t have consistent access to what you need staying “on” would be a dangerous game. Stopping cold turkey or hoping on a wing and prayer that PCT drugs would let you recover after long term use might be very rough.

I’m interested in peoples thoughts on someone with low natural test(mine was 281) and if it is even worth it to come off if HRT or blast/cruise is a viable and consistent option. [/quote]

If you can get a doc’s prescription, that should keep you to a consistent availability in-between blast cycles.

I meant more in the self prescribed HRT type area… obviously someone on doctor prescribed HRT wouldn’t be coming off ever.

His levels(and mine) are not low enough to warrant HRT unless someone was lucky enough to find a very open minded doctor.

Think about it like this…

50 Omnas are around $200 - a little less actually.

1 Omna would last 2 weeks… that’s around 2 years worth of TRT cruising!

OR if you are powder-competent, then those 2 years would cost around $20… say $30-40 with equipment.

OR go to the doctors and pay hundreds per month…

Hmm…

:smiley:

EDIT: Sorry scott, this wasnt really meant to address your question at all - it was more in reply to devil, it just got me thinking about doc prescribed gear.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I’ll let much more qualified people answer the main question… but if you don’t have consistent access to what you need staying “on” would be a dangerous game. Stopping cold turkey or hoping on a wing and prayer that PCT drugs would let you recover after long term use might be very rough.

I’m interested in peoples thoughts on someone with low natural test(mine was 281) and if it is even worth it to come off if HRT or blast/cruise is a viable and consistent option. [/quote]

Well… for me, i have had decent natural levels in my life (not known through testing but just general well-being and a killer natural libido, etc.) but due to the length and type of cycling i have done, and also because of many years of other drug abuse, (current meds reduce test levels) it has become difficult, to say the least, to recover between cycles.
It WOULD be possible, but not with lifes demands - you cant take 6 months off being a man in this life anymore.

So i have decided to stay on and cruise. It just makes the most sense, i will keep my dosages moderate/low and i will be talking to my doctor about it of course.

As a more direct answer to your question, i would say that if you CAN recover between cycles, then i dont see why you wouldnt.

Hope this rambling post helps a little!

JJ

[quote] Brook wrote:
Scott M wrote:
I’ll let much more qualified people answer the main question… but if you don’t have consistent access to what you need staying “on” would be a dangerous game. Stopping cold turkey or hoping on a wing and prayer that PCT drugs would let you recover after long term use might be very rough.

I’m interested in peoples thoughts on someone with low natural test(mine was 281) and if it is even worth it to come off if HRT or blast/cruise is a viable and consistent option.

Well… for me, i have had decent natural levels in my life (not known through testing but just general well-being and a killer natural libido, etc.) but due to the length and type of cycling i have done, and also because of many years of other drug abuse, (current meds reduce test levels) it has become difficult, to say the least, to recover between cycles.
It WOULD be possible, but not with lifes demands - you cant take 6 months off being a man in this life anymore.

So i have decided to stay on and cruise. It just makes the most sense, i will keep my dosages moderate/low and i will be talking to my doctor about it of course.

As a more direct answer to your question, i would say that if you CAN recover between cycles, then i dont see why you wouldnt.

Hope this rambling post helps a little!

JJ[/quote]

Might I ask what you are cruising at? I agree that if I can recover, I should, but would going back to around 400 ng/dl and not feeling well really be called a recovery?

[quote] Brook wrote:
Think about it like this…

50 Omnas are around $200 - a little less actually.

1 Omna would last 2 weeks… that’s around 2 years worth of TRT cruising!

OR if you are powder-competent, then those 2 years would cost around $20… say $30-40 with equipment.

OR go to the doctors and pay hundreds per month…

Hmm…

:smiley:

EDIT: Sorry scott, this wasnt really meant to address your question at all - it was more in reply to devil, it just got me thinking about doc prescribed gear.[/quote]

At risk of asking a dumb question… what are omnas?

It’s a test blend from Poland.

And the answer to your first question is what I’m looking for here too…

ok, Omnadren 250, shoulda just did some homework. 50 omnas for $200, is that 50 ml? I already know I overpay, but if thats the case, then damn.

[quote]BigSquirrel wrote:
-Weight gain thus far is 24 pounds. Not all clean. AAS is not an excuse to eat everything under the sun. I’m endo/meso and my “400g of protein a day and everything else I can find” diet worked awful. I cleaned everything up, carb sources now only oatmeal, sweet potatoes, waxy maize (pwo) and brown rice. No carbs after 6. Clean fats in the afternoon, EVOO, almonds, natty pb, macadamia nut oil.

-I don’t need to sleep as much. I try to, but I can’t. I’m up after 7 hours and can’t keep sleeping. I used to sleep 9-10, now 7 feels more than enough even though I try for more.[/quote]

I’ve experienced the same. My sweet spot is 8-9 hrs/night usually but when on, 6-7 hrs is easily enough. This does have me thinking that TRT could only improve my overall productivity in general.

Also, good job on cleaning up the diet based on your results and goals. Great example of how important it is to know your own body well (through a solid base of training AND nutrition) in order to maximize your results with AAS.