T Nation

Micronutrient Requirements

Hey guys.

I dont know if it already exists but does anyone have a list or know the different foods needed on a daily basis with serving amounts to supply us with an optimal level of all the vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients and anti-oxidants.

whats everyones top nutritional foods that they feel are essential to incorporate at least on a weekly basis.

different foods from the oatmeal, blueberries, eggs chicken and beef answers on the other threads as i think most people already have that knowledge

go nuts!

good question, any info would b e appreciated

Here’s a few to add to your list:

no-fat no-added sugar yogurt, broccoli, tomatoes, red apples, pumpkins, nuts (like walnuts and almonds).

Do a search for magic 13 foods, an article that TC wrote a while ago.

Good luck.

Why specifically red apples?

think it may have something to do with different or more micronutrients, indicated by the colour of the skin. i was hoping to more of a list of the best fruits,vegs,pulses, legumes etc with a serving size that shows how much of your rdi there is. the most micronutrient dense foods, phythochemical foods, foods that can heal, enhance etc.

making a thread with a comprehensive list of brilliant information on how to get the best bang for your buck through foods