Micro-Tear or Protein Synthesis

The following three paragraphs seem to be the key to this particular article:

“Of course, just because you only have a few hours to train every week doesn’t mean you can’t get bigger and stronger. It just means you have to pick a routine that’s more suited to your lifestyle and abilities.”

“The optimal training splits for the everyman and woman are full body, push/pull, and upper/lower. These splits allow you to scale your goals to be more realistic and easier to conquer. Instead of trying to tack on long workouts on top of an already busy workweek, all you’ll need are 3-4 sessions per week of 30-60 minutes.”

“On Wednesday, life throws you a curve ball and you can’t go to the gym. You continue your body-part split plan on Thursday, but get thrown off again on Friday when your kiddo gets the flu or your job runs overtime. The next time chest day rolls around, it’s been well over a week since you last hit your pecs. If that happens often, you’re going to end up training chest just two or three times a month!”

This article reads as permission for lifters to utilize other methods, if their schedule doesn’t allow them to prioritize their time in the gym. I’m sure you just read the title.

I do not think anyone is disputing the physique of elite crossfitters, but as you said, they are “assisted”. Some look like offseason builders (without considering proportions).

So elite CFs does not BBsplit are assisted and are achieving similar results as nattys using BBsplits. I’d say the BBsplit is working fine then.

Read between the line… What you highlighted is a politically correct way to say if you are not on juice or a begginer it s not optimal.

What the article say is, unless your on drugs, you can’t maintain a normal life and make decent progress with that approach.

but yet the natural bodybuilders just keep on doing it while nimrods like you sit around talking shit

1 Like

This needs highlighting.

Elite CFs, who use PEDS, have a similar muscle mass as natural BBers.

No, it’s an upfront way of saying “hey, if you have a life outside the gym and can’t devote 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, you don’t have to lift this way.”

1 Like

:slight_smile: has nothing to do with time in the gym, all about your capacity to recover

Are you saying BBsplits does not work for nattys?
Should they switch to high freq to get better results?

Do you consider bodybuilders to be weak opposed to crossfitters?

Part 3 and 4 [of the article] was about having time to train.

With all due respect, who the f**k is Andy Van Grinsven and why should I care about his opinion on building muscle?

3 Likes

Who am I, who are you :wink:

I am a guy that has won a handful of local strongman and powerlifting competitions, with a verifiable record. When I speak on those topics, my words at least hold some weight.

I do not know who you or this author are; why should I care about these opinions?

3 Likes

Ok it s enough. I could reply another comment and we could go on and on.
All I wanted is give another point of view to a beginner and things derailed.

Good luck to all

I really REALLY wish people on this forum would quit treating my questions like they were rhetorical.

3 Likes

It’s great to have other views, but not ok to say that other peoples views and way of doing things doesn’t work (when it clearly does) or are wrong because of your own views.

Did you get your information about this from CT? I can see you have posted in his part of the forum.

CT approach is indeed very influential on the way I train. I had a hard time mentally switching to high freq training but gave it a try last year. I am still experimenting on variations but now I am making progress without being drained.
And Yes I did Crossfit for two years, eight years ago. :slight_smile:

Keep doing what works :thumbsup:
I like high freq myself mostly because I can’t wait…

Here what I found out for you …
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science; Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology

3 Likes