Micro-Tear or Protein Synthesis

This is actually what bodybuilding training is meant to do.

That’s inherent considering specializing in one physical endeavor leads to subpar or no results in another. That does not mean there is anything inherently wrong with any one endeavor, which is what you’re implying with bodybuilding. If one were to specialize in long distance running, then s/he would likely be mediocre or subpar in other areas. You can choose to be a jack of all trades and be decent at a few things, or be great (or at least one’s personal level of his greatness) at one thing. Those who are great at a bunch of things at once are anomalies that aren’t even worth mentioning in general discussion, I believe.

Well, if you were doing bodybuilding training but wanted a bigger vertical jump and more power, then it would be logical to ditch bodybuilding training.

Then I highly doubt either of you looked like competitive bodybuilders in the first place. I don’t say this to be insulting though considering it’s not as if looking like a bodybuilder is of utmost importance, because it’s not. However, in the context of which you speak, it is highly doubtful some fourteen year old meets the standard of bodybuilding I speak of, let alone that as an adult you are comparable in physique to a teenager.

This right here shows your ignorance on real bodybuilding training. Unless they are extremely genetically gifted with no lagging body parts (which is a case for one in thousands bodybuilders), then adding in the odd isolation exercise here and there isn’t going to do the trick, just as being a successful powerlifter doesn’t entail doing some 1-to-5 rep maxes on the bench, squat, and deadlift here and there. Bodybuilding training is not rocket science, but there is a definitive, understood way to train for it, just as the same goes for Strongman, strength and conditioning for sports, and powerlifting. Anyone who says otherwise likely never competed in bodybuilding or never faced the challenges of someone who just wants to look like one.

2 Likes

I agree that at 14 I didn t look like a bodybuilder lol.
The problem with bodybuilding training is drugs. Most of the effective training methods really work only when on drugs. Since almost all guys on stage are on some kind of stuff even the natural one, none of them are a reference to this discussion.

My position is that after 10years of hard work. Without drugs you will more or less look the same close to your genetic limit…

Take professional crossfiters all natty ( biggest joke ever) most of them could compete in natural bb contest with maybe small adjustment in their workout for symettry. Without ever doing curls or pump work…

If you want to continue commenting so freely on bodybuilding while not being a bodybuilder, or being involved in bodybuilding, go ahead. It’s disingenuous thought.

And no, the top Crossfitters cant just jump on a stage unless they have happened to do a great deal of bodybuilding in their past. And they would have to do some curls, unless they just happen to be the one in thousands of people whose arms match their bodies (for bodybuilding) without any direct arm work.

All your statements reflect your ignorance on bodybuilding.

They have lean body weight / height ratio similar to top natural bodybuilder

Look at Hugo Girard a canadian strongman who recycled as a bodybuilder after an injury. He spent his entire life training as a strongman and was able to compete in bb fairly quickly.

What about Klokov. Another guy that never train as a bb with a solid bb physique

:clap:

2 Likes

I dont think anyone with any knowledge would say this … Unless the person in question has genetic potential off the charts .

Maybe maybe not… some argue that cleans do more to demonstration those attributes than actually developing them.

you never specifically stated what you define as BB training.

I take a slight BB approach on my own son who is 18 on his assistance work and if anything it helps his core movements.

2 Likes

Give us at least one crossfitter by name after claiming this. “Most” usually ends up meaning “few”.

When did they never do pump work?

From what I remember khalipa, froning, Bridges, Bailey and thats from a few years ago.

Since when crossfiter do slow curl or squat sets of 10 using tempo sequencing for the sole purpose of getting bigger even if that makes them slower…

Hypertrophy training at all cost. I also beleive that hypertrophy has its place, in my oppinion a natty should maintain other physical capability like absolute strength, explosiveness and speed. Because they won’t get much bigger than a guy on a more balanced training anyway.

As for power exercise. I did a cycle of 8 weeks late last year focussing on explosive lift and gained at least 2 inch on my vertical. Again not a scientific proof but a pretty good indicator.

My son trained the entire summer with power exercise and went from 4th fastest of his basketball team last year to fastest and one with the highest vertical during the try outs.

Going by your logic, if all these assisted athletes are the same size as natty bodybuilders, what does that tell you about their training when it comes to building muscle mass? And don’t forget:

Some bodybuilders do these. Most that I know don’t. Not even on steroids. You might want to try getting your info from somewhere else other than the internet.

1 Like

Just an exemple

Well back to the OP, from my (admittedly limited) understanding it’s a balancing act between muscular breakdown and protein synthesis(muscular creation). You want more protein synthesis than micro tearing. This puts you “in the black” so to speak. If you create more muscular damage than you do protein synthesis then you’ve broken down more muscle than you’ve built. This is obviously a very basic and dumbed-down explanation

I think you have a misunderstanding of what “hypertrophy training” means if you were reading muscle rags in the 90s and now the internet. This may be the root of your misconceptions and probably the reason you failed to gain on a split program(which, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think is the only way to build muscle).

The only new thing in contention is the issue of cortisol. Then I would relate my experience of weight training 6 days a week back when I was in the military(much younger then), in which the only thing I think held me back was the lack of food available. So this may be valid after a certain age, but I doubt it has much impact on someone under 35 or so.

2 Likes

Fair enough…I can agree with most of what your saying… now the explosiveness and speed would only be a issue from a true athletic perspective

jesus christ what the fuck is going on in here

1 Like

:laughing:

What is going on is yet another non-bodybuilder giving advice on bodybuilding, stating it’s impossible too look like a BBer without drugs, and that BB training isn’t good for non-bodybuilding aims.

Only the last statement makes sense, and is evident to people with half a brain. If I wanted to run a marathon I wouldn’t practice my golf swing often.

1 Like